Game Day 2017 National Draft

The OP for our new picks must be accurate and informative. Who should do it?

• Anyone

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Wait for TD

Votes: 71 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Moore is too play back, Fogarty would be the go.

I don't think that would matter. Moore and Fogarty can exist in the same forward line. Fogarty is a good height compliment actually. But in any case can't see Fogarty playing much next year going off his fitness tests and injury history. And I can't see Moore back as being anything but temporary.

I don't think that would matter. Moore and Fogarty can exist in the same forward line. Fogarty is a good height compliment actually. But in any case can't see Fogarty playing much next year going off his fitness tests and injury history. And I can't see Moore back as being anything but temporary.

Didn't Fogarty run (approxmiately) 7:00 2km trial? That's not bad for a first year player who's been injured most of the year.

I can see him playing a lot tbh. His injury history is relatively minor. A meniscus tear that he played through for much of the year. That’s been fixed surgically so he should be right to go for preseason after he’s drafted. His 2km TT would have obviously been affected by the fact he’s been rehabbing from said surgery too, so you’d expect that 7.30~ time to be significantly better after a full preseason.

Much like JDG, I’d expect Fogarty to be able to slot right in as that medium/3rd tall forward very early in the piece, especially if JDG is moved to a more permanent midfield role as we’re all expecting.

I do agree that Moore won’t be playing back permanently, and I think Fog would be the perfect type to compliment him.

Didn't Fogarty run (approxmiately) 7:00 2km trial? That's not bad for a first year player who's been injured most of the year.
7:38 or something I think. Not great, but much better than Rayner who barely cracked 8:00.

Why’ll l agree, the club has the options at 6 to disagree with us. What we do with Reid and Moore could very well shape who we pick at 6, especially Reid’s long term future position. If he has one.

Why’ll l agree, the club has the options at 6 to disagree with us. What we do with Reid and Moore could very well shape who we pick at 6, especially Reid’s long term future position. If he has one.
Reid has no long term future. He’s pushing 30 now and has a terrible injury history. Regardless of what we do with he and Moore, we need to take at least 1 tall forward and 1 key defender this draft. Whilst Naughton might be a ready to go option, I think we’ll be better served long term by taking Fogarty and grabbing someone like a Taylor or Petty (or Balta? :eek:) at 38.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid has no long term future. He’s pushing 30 now and has a terrible injury history. Regardless of what we do with he and Moore, we need to take at least 1 tall forward and 1 key defender this draft. Whilst Naughton might be a ready to go option, I think we’ll be better served long term by taking Fogarty and grabbing someone like a Taylor or Petty (or Balta? :eek:) at 38.
Again l totally agree. To me the first name Hine reads out could have long term implications for Darcy.
To me Darcy is a chf and that’s were l want to see him play. But he has also shown, admittedly a glimpse that he could hold down chb, and that could play into the clubs thinking.
Hopefully l am over reading it.

Again l totally agree. To me the first name Hine reads out could have long term implications for Darcy.
To me Darcy is a chf and that’s were l want to see him play. But he has also shown, admittedly a glimpse that he could hold down chb, and that could play into the clubs thinking.
Hopefully l am over reading it.

Darcy will be happy if Darcy is read out first, as will Darcy himself.

Haven't heard any rumours about Hams lately.

Heard a whisper we may be looking at this guy.

Here2tellyouwhy can you confirm?

I’ve heard key forward, inside mid and key defender.. hard to grasp what type of player we would be getting exactly

Hopefully not one of those blokes that are decent in any position but not great.

Yes. We will now pick Higgins and it will be a fantastic selection.

Its been long proven that you don't necessary need height and size to play this game - see Brent Harvey, Caleb Daniel etc

Higgins was the best TAC footballer last year. No. 1 ranked for champion data so from a moneyball/stats point of view, he really should be our pick, if he is available at pick 6.
Says his favourite app is tinder... so my guess is we won't be selecting him at 6.

Not caring about footy off the field is no problem imo. The ability to switch off and concentrate on other things rather than footy 24/7 is important to maintain a balanced lifestyle. Swan was exactly the same and I’m pretty sure the reigning Brownlow medallist is too, although I’m not sure Balta is the same type of partier they are (let’s face it he probably is/will be :p )
Heard Darcy Moore say in an interview that he doesn’t watch any footy on TV. Goes alright as a player though

Back