Game Day 2017 National Draft

The OP for our new picks must be accurate and informative. Who should do it?

• Anyone

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Wait for TD

Votes: 71 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great night tonight for Pies. This draft will make us. Stephenson and Murphy takes me back to the Thomas/Pendles Draft.

Stephenson a gun with X factor and Murphy has huge upside now focusing on afl footy.

Brown....who knows? But obviously works hard.

Next year we clean out Varco, Greenwood, Mayne and get these kids into it.

Exciting times ahead!

Great night tonight for Pies. This draft will make us. Stephenson and Murphy takes me back to the Thomas/Pendles Draft.

Stephenson a gun with X factor and Murphy has huge upside now focusing on afl footy.

Brown....who knows? But obviously works hard.

Next year we clean out Varco, Greenwood, Mayne and get these kids into it.

Exciting times ahead!

NO

They would be
Reckon Swan might have given us a few each year

We can draft an entire team of Swan-spawn in a few years
entertaining if they are like swanny. Team of blucklys and swannies what a hoot

Pretty bloody ecstatic with tonight, Stephenson was one of my favourite picks available at 6, I was a big fan of Murphy but thought there was no way he slipped to our next pick and we got another Brown(didn't have to use 38 on him which would have been too early), who I think could be better than his brother.

Sure no KPP's, hopefully nab one in the rookie draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I miss it or is Joel Garner still on the board?

Also lmao north why take Hartung in the national draft wuuut
Club of origin says N/A. The least they could do was put Hawks.

Even the AFL are expecting the Hawks to fall off the cliff so hard.:devil::p

I'm happy someone bid on Brown. It's good to know we and at least one other club see him as the 50th best player in the draft. Not like Daicos last year where we were left wondering how far he would've slid.
Good point, equally I was keen to see if there was someone we rated high enough at 50 to force us to use the 4 picks

I have no idea if that Moore kid is/will be any good but how does a kid get rated by Sheehan & co as a pick 12 and no clubs want him? What's the knock on him?

I have no idea if that Moore kid is/will be any good but how does a kid get rated by Sheehan & co as a pick 12 and no clubs want him? What's the knock on him?
Based on champion data numbers, not scouting of any description as far as I could tell.

If the pies are confident about getting Lynch next year. This is the perfect way to draft. These guys are modern game style players add lynch and it looks even better. When we draft players with lack of pace and footskills everyone complains. When we add those players everyone complains. When these guys come in they will also make players like crisp and WHE harder to match up on. I think it was our best draft in a while especially considering we didn't have a second rounder.

Back