Game Day 2017 National Draft

The OP for our new picks must be accurate and informative. Who should do it?

• Anyone

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Wait for TD

Votes: 71 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What's your thoughts on our Picks 6& 36 ( 2253 points for Suns 19,22 &24 ( points 2578 )
Never use points as a justification to trade a top 10 pick for multiple second rounders. GC would think all their Xmas’ had come at once if we were stupid enough to do that.

He said very rarely. It’s not like a Ben Brown equivalent is drafted every year.
ok... alex rance 18, Tom Lynch (Ade) 13, Daniel talia 13, Tom Lynch (GC) 11, Cam McCarthy 14, Rory Lobb 29, James Sicily 56, Jake Lever 14, Oscar McDonald 53, Eric Hipwood 14...

So if the argument is that trading 6 & 36 for say 12 & 18 isnt going to land us two quality KPP's, I dont think thats necessarily true. Especially when so many strong candidates are expected to be there in the late first / early second rounds, with a lot of early pick teams needing to stock up on mids.

Thx Scodog10 , was looking at old draft order . 30 probably ok .
What's your thoughts on our Picks 6& 36 ( 2253 points for Suns 19,22 &24 ( points 2578 ) ? Any good or not?
Use pick 30 for Watts

Never use points as a justification to trade a top 10 pick for multiple second rounders. GC would think all their Xmas’ had come at once if we were stupid enough to do that.
Points are possibly the best unbiased way of measuring value IMO.
If we ended up with 4 picks inside 30 as opposed to 1 at the moment it's not as bad as it may seem.
From a GCS perspective I don't believe they will want picks, if they wanted a player or two and we kept 36 - happy days.
Pipe dream maybe, worth a try though 4thought.

Thx Scodog10 , was looking at old draft order . 30 probably ok .
What's your thoughts on our Picks 6& 36 ( 2253 points for Suns 19,22 &24 ( points 2578 ) ? Any good or not?
Use pick 30 for Watts

Its an interesting one. To me it feels like there isn't quite enough in it for GC because 6 is just beyond the top bracket of players they'd be keen on, IMO, and they also don't have top end quality coming out of the academy this year with 6 getting in before the bid. Perhaps if they like one of our 15-25 bracket players, say Smith, and we throw him in they might go for it. From my perspective it's not perfect, but it does work because it sounds like a few of the guys I'm keen on will drift.

With Rockliff off to Port they'll drift by a pick, but 20, 23 and 25 gives us a good cluster to hit up the likes of Wooler, Petty, Clavarino, Allen, Richards, Murphy, L Fogarty, Petruccelle and perhaps even D Fogarty or Balta. I still like 12 & 18 better though because they won't be pushed back and I reckon there's a strong chance the guy we want at 6 will still be there at 12.

Watts for 30 is about right to me, but it probably depends on whether he's a salary or trade currency dump.

Its an interesting one. To me it feels like there isn't quite enough in it for GC because 6 is just beyond the top bracket of players they'd be keen on, IMO, and they also don't have top end quality coming out of the academy this year with 6 getting in before the bid. Perhaps if they like one of our 15-25 bracket players, say Smith, and we throw him in they might go for it. From my perspective it's not perfect, but it does work because it sounds like a few of the guys I'm keen on will drift.

With Rockliff off to Port they'll drift by a pick, but 20, 23 and 25 gives us a good cluster to hit up the likes of Wooler, Petty, Clavarino, Allen, Richards, Murphy, L Fogarty, Petruccelle and perhaps even D Fogarty or Balta. I still like 12 & 18 better though because they won't be pushed back and I reckon there's a strong chance the guy we want at 6 will still be there at 12.

Watts for 30 is about right to me, but it probably depends on whether he's a salary or trade currency dump.
Pace of Richards & Petruccelle, athleticism of Balta appeal to me. Don't know anything about Wooler, Petty, Clavarino and Murphy as they aren't in http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-28/cal-twomeys-phantom-form-guide-september-edition and I'm not spending much time looking beyond that.

If it works for us great. Ive a feeling the GC with 4 x 2nd round picks and likely at least 2 more to come in with Saad and GA they'll not want to go into the draft with 6 x second rounders and would more likely try and get another top 8 pick. Agree 12 &18 better but I just don't see it as a likely outcome.

Sounds more like Grant Birchall 2.0 to me - especially with not having a opposite foot.
Coffield far more damaging and dynamic, one who can really break a game open.

Maybe Luke Hodge is who I hope he can be - a more precise comparison might be Nick Vlaustin who is no spud himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft board. Yeah he knows his stuff.
He does, but I seriously doubt he’d have any real knowledge on who’s on our ‘list’ for pick 6.

Coffield on our list for 6 according to Bishop on the draft board. We also keen on Richards but he’ll be gone by 36. :(

If that's true I hope we're trying to get another pick somewhere in the teens or early 20's. I still think we need to target a key position player and that's the pick range we'll need to get a decent developing tall - probably defender.

If that's true I hope we're trying to get another pick somewhere in the teens or early 20's. I still think we need to target a key position player and that's the pick range we'll need to get a decent developing tall - probably defender.
If we keep 36 I think we will still be able to get a key defender but it would be nice having a pick in the low 20’s as well.

If we keep 36 I think we will still be able to get a key defender but it would be nice having a pick in the low 20’s as well.

It's no secret who I want. It's pushing it to expect Harry Petty to still be there at 36. I also want an earlier pick in case Balta drops. Get one of those two with Coffield and i'd be stoked.

Wouldn't it be sweet if we gained
Coffield and Bolta.
Just two really nice types.

This Coffield kid just keeps coming up with rap after rap and in our position in draft likely.
Balta seems teens later teens so could slide if we get one more position in teens.

Sam Hayes could be another tall type, is he capable forward or do we get him as second ruck tall.
(By the time he matures up, you'd think by age Cox would getting to age limit ie old.)

Thanks everyone who brings in news about the possible kids

Aiden Bonar is showing those Buddy traits, equal record vertical leap and impressing in the sprint tests. Also scored 25/30 on the goal kicking test.

Back