Game Day 2017 National Draft

The OP for our new picks must be accurate and informative. Who should do it?

• Anyone

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Wait for TD

Votes: 71 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If this happens it's an absolute disaster and an indictment on our club.

He's one of our very own- 200 game champions.

Above all else and most importantly - he's a gun performer in doing his job- something that get missed at Collingwood where we only look at "reputation".

We should be offering him whatever he wants if he is on the move.
He won't work with Buckley regardless of what's on offer.

What do People Knightmare and Snoop Dog think of Oscar Allen who was the AA U-18 FF?

Might make it as a 3rd tall/medium forward like Membrey. A bit undersized for a genuine KPF role unless he has a growth spurt at only 191cm.

If this happens it's an absolute disaster and an indictment on our club.

He's one of our very own- 200 game champions.

Above all else and most importantly - he's a gun performer in doing his job- something that get missed at Collingwood where we only look at "reputation".

We should be offering him whatever he wants if he is on the move.

Clearly not one of the boys.

We will know more on wrights drafting capabilities once this list build is finished with Hawks. Burton sure looks a big tick at present.
Burton was a no brainer at that pick though. I'm still shocked that Adelaide passed on him at that point for Doedee.

i will ******* blow my lid if Reid is traded out. That would be a mind numbingly ****en stupid decision of the highest ******* order.

Yet with the current clowns running the show, it's not inconceivable...

Yet with the current clowns running the show, it's not inconceivable...

He apparently told Reid that we have only won 1 out of 8 games with Reid in the team, this was said on EbnW a day or two before Buckley came out in the media and said the same thing.

A correlation between two variables does not imply causation.

No brainer at pick 19? Think you're being a bit harsh with that call there mate.

He certainly looks better then his draft position would suggest @ pick 19.
On talent he was top 5, potential number 1, the only question mark was his leg. At that stage of the draft with 3 premierships under their belt already I'd say that no brainer is perfectly fair. The Hawks were in a better place than anyone to take a high risk high reward type. Still shocked that Adelaide didn't pounce first though.

He apparently told Reid that we have only won 1 out of 8 games with Reid in the team, this was said on EbnW a day or two before Buckley came out in the media and said the same thing.

A correlation between two variables does not imply causation.

Did Ben play that game too and shoot back that we had only won 5 of the 13 matches Buckley had coached to that point this year...?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will possibly get to 193, which IMO is around the perfect hight for a KF as long as he isn't built like a rake.
I think he's 89 kg atm so he's not that big, but not tiny either.

I'd like us to take the best available KF and the best 2 available indigenous kids.

KPF
Will Sutherland 195cm
J.Brander 195cm (plays both ends but better as a forward)
N.Balta 194cm (played quality footy as a KPD in the Champs but has also put in some strong performances in at TAC level as a forward)

Utility
D.Fogarty 193cm

WA has some good indigenous talent, especially Ian Hill in next years draft will be a freak. A lot of Rioli esque ability.

J.Patmore fast, high possession winning HBF with high quality foot skills. Likely could be moved to the midfield/wing in an outside role. Will need another high pick to secure him.

S.Stack quick skilled HFF later rounds selection. Potential to devlope into a mid/wing.

Pure talent pick.
C.Rayner mid/fwd. Likely go top 3 if not number 1.

What do People Knightmare and Snoop Dog think of Oscar Allen who was the AA U-18 FF?

He's best suited as a 3rd tall. Not tall enough and in contesting high balls he's easy to spoil from behind.

I regard him as a probable star state leaguer who if drafted would not make the grade. There isn't anything dominant about him to get me excited from an AFL context.

I think he actually grabbed the picture of an upside down ladder hanging on Bucks wall and corrected it. Bucks was shocked we were bottom 4 and not top 4.

I like you...:D

He's best suited as a 3rd tall. Not tall enough and in contesting high balls he's easy to spoil from behind.

I regard him as a probable star state leaguer who if drafted would not make the grade. There isn't anything dominant about him to get me excited from an AFL context.

So I guess the Larke Medal is Nothing then

So I guess the Larke Medal is Nothing then

He wouldn't have been my pick for this year, not that Jack Graham or Josh Schache would have been my choices in the past two seasons either for the Larke Medal.

Larke Medalists aren't always stars:
2000: Kayne Pettifer
2001: Sam Power, Steven Armstrong
2002: Byron Schammer
2003: Kepler Bradley
2004: Jesse Smith
2005: Marc Murphy
2006: Tom Hawkins
2007: Cale Morton
2008: Jack Watts
2009: David Swallow and Andrew Hopper shared
2010: Harley Bennell
2011: Stephen Coniglio
2012: Lachie Whitfield
2013: Dom Sheed
2014: Christian Petracca
2015: Josh Schache
2016: Jack Graham

It's a mixed bag.

Oscar Allen is among the worse half of those for mine and won't be an early draft choice.

Back