2nds 2017 NEAFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 10 listed players. Makes it hard for both players and coaches to get any consistency with the side. Fingers crossed they go ok.

http://neafl.com.au/nt-thunder-climbs-back-into-top-six-with-victory-over-gold-coast/

NT Thunder v Gold Coast Suns at TIO Stadium.

NT THUNDER 5.2 7.2 10.713.12 (90)
GOLD COAST 1.24.5 8.6 9.6 (60)

GOALS – NT Thunder: A Sambono 5 D Ewing 3 N Yarran 2 S Rioli C Ilett D Weetra. Gold Coast: K Sheers 3 C Loersch 2 D Currie E Baru M Hallahan S Davidson

BEST – NT Thunder: A Ankers B Rioli A Sambono B McLean S Smith J Erlandson. Gold Coast: M Spencer R Davis D Macpherson T Nicholls M Hallahan.

http://neafl.com.au/nt-thunder-climbs-back-into-top-six-with-victory-over-gold-coast/

NT Thunder v Gold Coast Suns at TIO Stadium.

NT THUNDER 5.2 7.2 10.713.12 (90)
GOLD COAST 1.24.5 8.6 9.6 (60)

GOALS – NT Thunder: A Sambono 5 D Ewing 3 N Yarran 2 S Rioli C Ilett D Weetra. Gold Coast: K Sheers 3 C Loersch 2 D Currie E Baru M Hallahan S Davidson

BEST – NT Thunder: A Ankers B Rioli A Sambono B McLean S Smith J Erlandson. Gold Coast: M Spencer R Davis D Macpherson T Nicholls M Hallahan.
Max Spencer best on for the Suns? Another Palm Beach boy!

Is he going to be big enough to hold down key postion defensive post in a year or two?
It's a big ask considering he's only 190cms. I'd say he's probably more suited to a third tall role, similar to what Kolodjashnij has tried to do recently. At worst I think putting pressure on Kolodjashnij for his spot is a good thing for the team. We've seen Ainsworth apply pressure for the small forward position this year and suddenly Matera and Ah Chee have been playing better so it's important to have competition for spots all over the park. Depth is vital for any team looking to seriously contend.

If Spencer did end up taking Kolodjashnij's spot then the team would have a backline almost completely made up of locals. Thompson (GC), Joyce (GC), Spencer (GC) and Harbrow (Cairns) would team up with May and Saad, with Bowes (Cairns) likely rotating through.

It's a big ask considering he's only 190cms. I'd say he's probably more suited to a third tall role, similar to what Kolodjashnij has tried to do recently. At worst I think putting pressure on Kolodjashnij for his spot is a good thing for the team. We've seen Ainsworth apply pressure for the small forward position this year and suddenly Matera and Ah Chee have been playing better so it's important to have competition for spots all over the park. Depth is vital for any team looking to seriously contend.

If Spencer did end up taking Kolodjashnij's spot then the team would have a backline almost completely made up of locals. Thompson (GC), Joyce (GC), Spencer (GC) and Harbrow (Cairns) would team up with May and Saad, with Bowes (Cairns) likely rotating through.
Good comments on Spencer - just like to add he is more than comfortable as a forward. Can play third tall either end. Kicked a goal in Palmy's QAFL Grand Final last year. Played as a key forward in juniors.

39RnsI2.png

ZGpMtoS.png

Dear god, Darcy Mac with another huge possession game.

That kid is so deserving of a senior list spot next season.

And a game of senior footy if our list wasn't already maxed at 40.

Those are wild numbers Darcy is producing , he should be in the senior team , cant remember the last time a 19yo was pumping out those numbers at NEAFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Grant did his ACL? Surely he has to be put on the LTI? Promote Darcy. Kid plays with intensity.
Last injury update i saw Microphone head was 3 weeks away, so just a knee strain i guess...
Promoting Brooksby a few weeks back was obviously the wrong decision though... having Darcy injecting a bit of manic energy in China would have been much more appropriate..

Scrimshaw had 19 possessions in the backline
Pretty good
What has his role been?
3rd tall?Lock down on the small forwards or KPD
Remembering Maysie and Rance are the same height
I often think Supercoach points should be weighted to where you get them
A safe disposal off full-back is surely worth 20x more than a chain of twenty 40cm handballs on the wing
I wonder where he's at?
193cm but obviously needs more muscle
Out of all our recruits he's the one I'm hoping will make the grade
Leslie and Schade haven't set the world on fire

I think you're being a bit hard on Leslie tbh. I agree that he hasn't set the world on fire just yet, but last Sunday in his 12th game, he had 18disp (11k/7h) 7 marks and 3 tackles.
Comparing that with Steven May, who had 13disp (10k/3h) 5marks and 4 tackles in his 12th game, admittedly as a 20yo, back in 2012, whereas Jack has just turned 22yo, I think Jack at this stage stands up pretty well, in comparison. If he can progress to the standard that Maysie has attained, then I, for one, would be satisfied.
Time will tell.

I think you're being a bit hard on Leslie tbh. I agree that he hasn't set the world on fire just yet, but last Sunday in his 12th game, he had 18disp (11k/7h) 7 marks and 3 tackles.
Comparing that with Steven May, who had 13disp (10k/3h) 5marks and 4 tackles in his 12th game, admittedly as a 20yo, back in 2012, whereas Jack has just turned 22yo, I think Jack at this stage stands up pretty well, in comparison. If he can progress to the standard that Maysie has attained, then I, for one, would be satisfied.
Time will tell.

I am hard on him but would love him to do well
He just seems to lack the leg/closing speed that makes backmen great
I know the Club is happy with his progress but I think everyone would agree it's been evolutionary rather than revolutionary
Currently our 5th pick tall defender but unfortunately having to play as first or second
Hopefully it will accelerate his education

Scrimshaw had 19 possessions in the backline
Pretty good
What has his role been?
3rd tall?Lock down on the small forwards or KPD
Remembering Maysie and Rance are the same height
I often think Supercoach points should be weighted to where you get them
A safe disposal off full-back is surely worth 20x more than a chain of twenty 40cm handballs on the wing
I wonder where he's at?
193cm but obviously needs more muscle
Out of all our recruits he's the one I'm hoping will make the grade
Leslie and Schade haven't set the world on fire

Don't tell Gazza and Aaron Hall that - they live and die on getting those handballs after someone else has won the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back