2nds 2017 NEAFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am hard on him but would love him to do well
He just seems to lack the leg/closing speed that makes backmen great
I know the Club is happy with his progress but I think everyone would agree it's been evolutionary rather than revolutionary
Currently our 5th pick tall defender but unfortunately having to play as first or second
Hopefully it will accelerate his education

Every club requires 3-4 KPD on their list to cover form, injury and suspensions.

I think in the context of the game a KPD has the hardest job to perform.

Getting Leslie up to AFL level will probably take another 40 games, however it is imperative the coaching staff at the GCS earn their keep and develop Leslie.

The big problem will be keeping him if Thompson is always considered an automatic selection if fit.

Last night I watched a large chunk of a replay of the NEAFL game. Hard game to judge since we only had 10 listed players and 3 of them were super-tall dudes. Lots of mistakes with the ball which made it hard to get any flow going.

Surprisingly, Brodie actually played as a half-forward until early in the last quarter when he moved onto the ball. I took note of most of the centre bounces and he did not appear in one until the last quarter. This is why he did not rack up much of the ball.

Maybe they wanted to test him in that role since if he comes into the seniors he will spend plenty of time up forward, a bit like what Scheer has done in his 2 games. Still, in every contested situation I saw he either won or halved the contest. And when he went on the ball late he got it pretty easily.

TheScrim looks like a good mover and looks like a good kick. But like KK, he did turn it over by foot a few times. Still only 18. Darcy Mac was on the ball the whole game and never stopped. Not great at disposal but excellent at winning the ball and around the stoppages. Hopefully we don't see him in the seniors this year, since that means we have a LTI. But can't do much more.

Last night I watched a large chunk of a replay of the NEAFL game. Hard game to judge since we only had 10 listed players and 3 of them were super-tall dudes. Lots of mistakes with the ball which made it hard to get any flow going.

Surprisingly, Brodie actually played as a half-forward until early in the last quarter when he moved onto the ball. I took note of most of the centre bounces and he did not appear in one until the last quarter. This is why he did not rack up much of the ball.

Maybe they wanted to test him in that role since if he comes into the seniors he will spend plenty of time up forward, a bit like what Scheer has done in his 2 games. Still, in every contested situation I saw he either won or halved the contest. And when he went on the ball late he got it pretty easily.

TheScrim looks like a good mover and looks like a good kick. But like KK, he did turn it over by foot a few times. Still only 18. Darcy Mac was on the ball the whole game and never stopped. Not great at disposal but excellent at winning the ball and around the stoppages. Hopefully we don't see him in the seniors this year, since that means we have a LTI. But can't do much more.

Probably making most of our player dual position players before they come into the seniors.
I know this is a prerequisite for Bevo and the doggies.
Noticed Marcus Adams who is a lockdown defender played as a key forward last week.
Gives more flexibility to the team, this is probably why Brodie has been down on his output last couple of weeks.
Darcy is another one, probably played mostly as a forward as has been given a large chunk of time playing on the ball.
I like this from our coaching staff...

Every club requires 3-4 KPD on their list to cover form, injury and suspensions.

I think in the context of the game a KPD has the hardest job to perform.

Getting Leslie up to AFL level will probably take another 40 games, however it is imperative the coaching staff at the GCS earn their keep and develop Leslie.

The big problem will be keeping him if Thompson is always considered an automatic selection if fit.
I can tell you first hand they fully believe in Leslie, they are confident he will mature

I can tell you first hand they fully believe in Leslie, they are confident he will mature
Yeah, Leslie is going OK. Keep him in a near full strength side for 5 consecutive games plus and I think he will really start to fire...
We definitely need that depth, so we can concentrate on getting some more superstar mids..

Hello Suns fans, I will be at Newcastle tomorrow, tweeting from @swansreserves Twitter account.

Let me know if you're interested in any particular Suns players, or any players I should be aware of.

Sydney Swans (1st) v Gold Coast Suns (7th) at Newcastle Oval, 12pm

SYDNEY

B: 31. Harry Marsh 21. Jack Maibaum 36. Aliir Aliir
HB: 30. Tyrone Leonardis 32. Michael Talia 38. Colin O’Riordan
C: 46. Sam Murray 34. Jordan Dawson 11. Jeremy Laidler
HF: 1. James Rose 60. Liam Maze 45. Sam Fisher
F: 19. Shaun Edwards 47. Toby Pink 33. Brandon Jack
Foll: 17. Darcy Cameron 42. Robbie Fox 6. Jordan Foote
Inter: 49. Will Gowers 50. Sam Wicks 53. Sam Barkley 58. Hamish McDonald
Emer: 51. Josh Stern 54. Bailey Stewart 55. Mitch Rogers
In: 34. Jordan Dawson 46. Sam Murray 49. Will Gowers 53. Sam Barkley
Out: 13. Oliver Florent 27. Daniel Robinson 50. Jake Brown 54. Luke Skrivanic

GOLD COAST

B: 36. Josh Schoenfeld 43. Max Spencer 34. McKenzie Willis
HB: 26. Matt Shaw 31. Keegan Brooksby 47. Muhammed Saad
C: 58. Shawn Watson 44. Darcy Macpherson 18. Trent McKenzie
HF: 59. Emmanuel Baru 39. Ryan Davis 45. Corey Beaman
F: 50. Kai Sheers 49. Lachlan McDonald 15. Dan Currie
Foll: 22. Tom Nicholls 56. Daniel Charlesworth 57. Zac Palmer
Inter: 53. Charlie Offermans 51. Lachlan Smith 54. Connor Nutting 55. Jacob Heron 48. Curtis Marsden
Emer: 52. Jayden Verdoorn
In: 36. Josh Schoenfeld 26. Matt Shaw 31. Keegan Brooksby 47. Muhammed Saad 18. Trent McKenzie 45. Corey Beaman 51. Lachlan Smith 58. Shawn Watson 57. Zac Palmer 48. Curtis Marsden
Out: 41. Will Brodie 14. Mitch Hallahan 48. Jacob Dawson 50. Sam Davidson 51. Nick Kempe 55. Harry Simington 59. Caleb Graham 46. Cameron Loersch 37. Jack Scrimshaw

Willis not playing. Macpherson has been really good for you and Currie the better ruckman. Not much structure going forward besides bombing long to Nicholls. Struggling to clear the ball with Swans forward pressure

Thought Brooksby started really well marshalling the defence but started to fall away amidst the amount of ball coming in. Schoenfeld playing inside mid got crucnched a few times

Halftime @swansreserves 6.10 (46) @GoldCoastSUNS Reserves 3.4 (22) Goals: Wicks 2 Leonardis Jack Dawson Fox GC: Beaman Sheers Watson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry not much good to report in the second half. By the last quarter it was basically goal kicking practice for the Swans as you struggled to get the ball past half way. Luckily for you guys we didn't kick very accurately

Macpherson's goal your only goal for the second half was very nice. A combination of strength, determination and skill. He was easily your best player of the day

Sorry not much good to report in the second half. By the last quarter it was basically goal kicking practice for the Swans as you struggled to get the ball past half way. Luckily for you guys we didn't kick very accurately

Macpherson's goal your only goal for the second half was very nice. A combination of strength, determination and skill. He was easily your best player of the day
How did Mckenzie go?

McPherson needs to be elevated immediately he's exactly what we lack. Someone who tackles and goes in like his life depends on it.

How come all of a sudden Brisbane have a super 2nd Grade team and we continue to be a joke?

We have 5 list cloggers plus a longer injury list, combined with a lack of decent developing key position depth players

McKenzie played on Aliir for some part of the 3rd quarter, deep in defence which I thought was a strange matchup. Had 3 shots at goal from long distance, 1 behind and 2 no scores.

Brooksby was playing on Pink.

wMxWoLG.png

gxWwWbf.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back