2017 New England By-Election - NATIONALS RETAIN

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Disgraced former MP Barnaby Joyce will run for the Nationals. Tony Windsor will not.

Disappointing that Windsor won't run for election, but understand his reasoning. He and his wife are probably quite happy in retirement. Would've been an interesting tug-of-war for the seat had he run. As it stands, Barnaby will almost certainly retain his majority.

Especially if he hires your av.

Guaranteed victory then.
I wonder if Barnaby is smart enough to have renounced his Kiwi citizenship yet?
Hopefully before his next election. Surely?

Though he did let trillions of litres of water get nicked on his watch....

Interesting. Maybe they figure he can break double figures and get a bit of cash from the AEC. Or use it to raise the profile for a more serious run in a couple of years.

There is also an independent running and in an effort to make the Nats nervous I suspect, a bloke from the Australian COUNTRY Party. The Greens are considering their options too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Betcha you

I trust that by now even you can see that the present govt is full of arse clowns and is the worst govt since Whitlam?
That's what happens when you have a leader that is lazy, spineless and his policy position is left of centre. The Coalition has always been more effective as a centre Right party. Turnbull has been a pretty good Labor plant!

Last edited:
There is also an independent running and in an effort to make the Nats nervous I suspect, a bloke from the Australian COUNTRY Party. The Greens are considering their options too.

Doubt Ian Britza will do especially well given he's only just moving to the electorate now.

He was until this year the Liberal MLA for Morley.

What would happen if the entire seat got nuked before the ballot boxes make it back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back