NFL 2017 - NFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

On J Lewis....

"Oh Kiper stop, this guy would've been the best on the board 30 to 40 picks ago. He is the best pure cover corner in this draft and one of the best nickel corners I've ever seen " - Mcshay

:thumbsu: :D

9ers are passing up on Kaaya and Dobbs which is smart, but dont know much about Beathard. i think they could of taken him tomorrow and used this pick on someone else in a different need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beathard is a massive reach imo

i dont know much about him, but still better than Kaaya or Josh Dobbs.

I think they could of got him late mid 5th Round. but better than taking some other QB

Jake Butt still on the board. Wont play this season but will be a steel, wonder if the Packers look at him with 108 tomorrow.

Leggett still there also. I think both will be looked at as the best 2 TE's from this draft in 5 years.

Giants took Davis Webb with a third round pick? Wow. Lucky Manning is very durable because Webb is a terrible, terrible selection. Manziel being wheeled out with a backpack full of Corona would be more reliable in the pocket. The guy has decent pocket awareness and a strong arm, but that's it. He has horrible touch on his throws, a poor step, is erratic with his decisions and can not be relied upon to finish a game.

When the Giants have far greater needs than a backup QB (particuarly when Manning has excellent durability and an okay backup is easy to find)- Webb is a very poor selection.

Cardinals have got themselves a stud receiver in Chad Williams- he is fanastic one on one and will be very handy in third down options.

OJ Howard says hey...

I dont rate him that much. his biggest plays were because the D lost him or over loaded against the run and left a huge hole. He wont get that freedom in then NFL without getting murdered over the middle by a S

Alright guys, time for Jukesy's opinion :p

Firstly, the niners picks:
Pick 66. Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado - I like this pick, we've been deficient at corner for many years and from what I've seen this guy has talent, kept the amazing John "Literally can run faster than a ferrari" Ross to 51 yards in their game last year. Should see some action in 2017 and start sooner rather than later.
Pick 104. CJ Beathard, QB, Iowa - watched this guy a fair bit over his career, don't like this pick and would've definitely preferred Peterman. Has a fair few decent qualities but is far from a great prospect, shouldn't have gone this early. Has journeyman starter potential but will probably be a career back-up, while I see Peterman as a potential quality starter, as well as Chad Kelly. Let's just hope Lynch and Shanahan see something in him that I don't.

Top 5 picks for the day
1. Pick 87. QB Davis Webb, Giants - should have been a first round pick because he's just as good if not better than Mahomes and Watson, instead falls to 87 and I wish we traded up to grab him. Would not surprise me at all if he develops behind Eli then comes out and becomes a Pro Bowl-level QB at least.
2. Pick 103. DE Trey Hendrickson and Pick 76. LB Alex Anzalone, New Orleans - going to group these two guys together because they'll play together. Hendrickson has pass rush productivity levels off the charts and is a very good athlete, while Anzalone can do everything well at LB if he can stay on the field. Both could definitely start very early, potentially day one because the saints D is terrible. Saints have had a great draft.
3. Pick 56. DB Obi Melifonwu, Oakland - extremely good value, should've gone around the first round/second round border but slips all the way to 56.
4. Pick 73. DE Jordan Willis, Cincy - not an amazing prospect, but I thought this guy would be a first/second border guy like Melifonwu, but instead falls all the Bengals at 73 and fills a need.
5. Pick 38. OG Forrest Lamp and Pick 71. OG Dan Feeney, San Diego - again, these guys will play together so I'll group them together. Two very good linemen who were scooped at great value by the Chargers, and can definitely protect Rivers and his successor(s) very well.

Bottom 5 picks for the day
1. Pick 96. WR Kenny Golliday, Detroit - this guy just plain old stinks, could've taken a good WR like Chad Hansen or Dede Westbrook.
2. Beathard - see above
3. Pick 44 - TE Gerald Everett, Rams - a massive reach, and he's not even that good anyway.
4. Pick 45. TE Adam Sheehan, Chicago - again a massive TE reach, but Sheehan has potential to be good and is a freak athlete.
5. Pick 91. DB John Johnson, Rams - fills a need, but is a huge reach for an average safety.

Top 5 players still available
1. TE Jake Butt, Michigan
2. WR Chad Hansen, Cal
3. DB Desmond King, Iowa
4. DE Carl Lawson, Auburn
5. QB Nathan Peterman, Pitt

Top 5 guys who should be around very late
1. QB Chad Kelly, Ole Miss
2. WR Ryan Switzer, North Carolina
3. QB Seth Rusell, Baylor
4. DB Fish Smithson, Kansas
5. LB Ben Boulware, Clemson