NFL 2017 - NFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Watson the clear RoY candidate so far?

Has the advantage being a QB. But Kareem Hunt has to be in the conversation at this point and if the last game turns out to be the aberration.

He still gained over 100 yards from scrimmage in that "aberration"

Well there you go. Hadn't looked at the complete box score. Still well on track then.

That said though, any chink going up against a QB will hurt haha.

BTW - name to keep an eye on for next year - Equanimeous St. Brown

At least the commentators will be able to say "Saint Brown with the reception"

all I've got in my head at the moment is Brian Taylor with an Eeeeeqannnnnnimmmmeeeeeeousssssssssss call.....

the back story Equanimeous and his brothers (Osiris and Amon-Ra) is one of those crazy tennis father ones (except he was a body builder)... https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/09/06/equanimeous-osiris-amonra-st-brown-brothers-family

Well there you go. Hadn't looked at the complete box score.

That said though, any chink going up against a QB will hurt haha.
They always give it to QBs. All kinds of awards, even defensive awards they give it to QBs. It's like there's no other positions on the field that merits equal value :rolleyes:

It is all opinion much like your own and i will back people writing those articles before some Australian Big Footy poster. ;)

Should have bet on the Bigfooty poster afterall Chissy

#freetaco

Unpopular opinions

1- John Ross is a fantastic pick at 9. He is a weapon that doesn't compare to anybody else. Yes, he is a one trick pony- but at his speed, he only needs the ball a couple of times per game to make a big difference. Because the Bengals have AJ Green and a couple of good tight ends, Ross is a luxury they can afford.

2- So happy Davis Webb didn't go in the first round. I wouldn't pick him even if I had a pick in round 7. The guy is awful. Yes, he has a decent arm. But, he is not accurate with it. I saw him play on a couple of occasions and the game against Wyoming sticks out in my mind. His inaccuacy and inability to hit a long target (other than a Wyoming safety), cost California a game they really should have won against an inferior team.

3- Ramczyk is perhaps a round too early. He is a top player, but, he was never the best Badgers offensive lineman. I feel that he was covered by the best O-Line in college football and his mature body allowed him to shoot up the draft boards. He's an awesome story and I can't not root for him being a Badger myself, but, I just don't think he's a first round talent. On the other hand, Beau Benzshawel (another O-Lineman from UW) will be a top 4 draft pick in 2018/19 depending on when he comes out.

4- Another weird one given I am a Badgers fan, but if TJ Watt's name was TJ Scott, he wouldn't be picked in the first two rounds. Biegel was better for us. Watt is a playmaker so I can see why Pittsburgh took a leap on him, but his production has been pretty minimal to date. Aside from the pick-6 against Purdue (one of the finest interceptions at close range I have seen)- he has never jumped off the screen for me. But, draft's are about projecting a player in three-five years time, not today- so while it's not a horrible pick, nor even a bad pick, I just don't think he projects to be a first round talent at the moment. But, two Badgers in the first round, fantastic day.

5- Mahomes will prove to be a solid pick-up for the Chiefs. Best quarterback in the draft (doesn't say a lot) by quite a margin.

6- Taco Charleton is a fantastic pick-up for the Cowboys, his lateral movement and agility is superb.

Interesting to look back at this in hindsight.

1. Terrible call.
2. Happy with that.
3. Probably wrong. Ramczyk has surprised me a lot. I'd be happy if my team picked up a player like him in round 1.
4. Happy to say I'm wrong on TJ. He's been very good.
5. Happy with that.
6. Wrong. Terribly wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back