Fantasy 2017 NFL Mock Draft Sign-up and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You didn't say why you didn't like my picks.

Gotta say why you hate before you can get thanks from me for the hate...

:)
I don't need to explain tho. I am so knowledgeable that one is supposed to just go "ah, ok" and not require questioning, just submission/admission (whichever applies).

Green Bay Packers Mock Draft Selections:
Round 1 (29): Takkarist McInley OLB
Round 2 (61): Chidobe Awuzie CB
Round 3 (93): DeMarcus Walker OLB/DE
Round 4 (134): James Conner RB
Round 5 (172): Zach Banner OG
Round 5 (182): Mack Hollins WR
Round 6 (212): Tanner Vallejo LB
Round 7 (247): Jeremy Clark CB

Will revisit this after the draft and see where they all ended up.

Last edited:

New England Mock Draft Selections :

73. Joe Mixon - RB
96. Tanoh Kpassagnon - DE
131. Michael Roberts - TE
163. Jermaine Eluemunor - OG
183. Dylan Cole - LB
200. JJ Dielman - OT / C
239. Grover Stewart - DL

Took a few players Mixon and Robert for the O line and a couple of player for TB 12 protection Eluemunor and Dielman.
Pats O line is pretty well stocked by I really wanted a TE and Robert is my value pick I am pleased with getting him as he fits well with Patriot needs , Nixon an opportunist pick as he is best value for money at # 73.

As for the D line got a raw DE in Kpassagnon and some inside / outside linebacker help with Cole as for Stewart .... thats a punt but who isn't after 200 ???

Happy with what I got given we had already traded away our first and second round picks but to have picked up Brandon Cooks and Kone Ealy with those pick makes a whole lot of sense as I cant see better value being around at those pick than the two we traded in.

Baltimore Ravens Draft Selections:

16. TJ Watt - EDGE - Wisconsin
47. Gareon Conley - CB - Ohio State
78. Roderick Johnson - OT - Florida State
99. Tyler Orlosky - OC - West Virginia
122. Taywan Taylor - WR - Western Kentucky
159. Tedric Thompson - FS - Colorado
186. Jeremy McNichols - RB - Boise State

The first round couldn't have gone much more wrong for me. Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Forrest Lamp & Derek Barnett all went before pick 16, and I would probably want to trade down 5+ picks if this happened irl.

Conley looked to be a steal at the time I made the pick, but who knows what happens now with this rape allegation coming to light

I feel I probably panicked a little in the 3rd round with both the Johnson and Orlosky picks as the Ravens really need some OL help in this draft.
I'd be very happy if those were the actual picks in the 4th/5th/6th rounds.

Chicago Bears Draft Selections:

3. Jamal Adams - S - LSU
36. Evan Engram - TE - Mississippi
67. Chris Wormley - DE - Michigan
111. D'Onta Foreman - RB - Texas
117. Brad Kaaya - QB - Miami
147. Julie'n Davenport - OT - Bucknell
221. Josh Reynolds - WR - Texas A&M

Will be interesting to see what they do irl, but I think I did a reasonable job of adding talent while filling some needs.

Seahawks Mock Draft:

1st round (26): Ryan Ramczyk - OT – Wisconsin
2nd Round (58): Kevin King - CB – Washington
3rd Round (90): Pat Elflein - C – Ohio State
3rd Round (102): Alex Anzalone - LB - Florida
3rd Round (106): Justin Evans - S - Texas A&M
6th Round (210): Jarron Jones - DT - Notre Dame
7th Round (226): Bryan Cox Jr - DE - Flroida

I am pretty happy with this draft class as I managed to address some major deficiencies on both sides of the ball. I would have like to have traded for another 1 or 2 3rd or 4th round picks to add further depth to the O-Line and LB although this isn't a great draft for LB. If the top O-Line prospects are all gone by the Seahawks 1st pick I can easily see them trading down or out of the 1st round to gain some extra picks. Taking 5 defensive players and only 2 O-Linemen may come as a shock to those not overly familiar with Seattle’s roster but O-Line depth has been added in free agency while there is not much depth on the defensive side of the ball.

If Bolles was available at 26 then I would have taken him as I think he is a better fit in our system and I would think in the draft proper that Carroll and Schneider would do the same. I would be happy with either in the end though. The pick of Elflein I really love as it allows Britt to move out of centre if so desired, but Elflein played the majority of his college career at right guard so he could slot in there. It seems to be the consensus that Seattle will take a corner in this draft and most mocks have it in the 2nd round or even the 1st. The name that keeps coming up is Kevin King but there have also been shouts for Witherspoon. I have gone with King as he seems to fit the Seahawks the best and the fans would love taking a player out of Washington. The rest (particularly the last 2) was really about taking best available for the positions needed most.

Given the chance, I would have liked to add another safety, DE, and QB to back up Wilson even though I like Boykin. Depending on what happens with Sherman and how Shead’s knee is progressing, I could see Seattle taking another CB at some stage.

fuey gets the first pick in the draft correct.

BeinPurplenGreen gets the 49ers' first pick right but nobody saw the Bears-49ers trade coming.

drd23 missed the Bears' first pick and also missed the trade up to get Trubisky.

Bucking Beads nailed the Jaguars' first pick in the draft.

It appears that Blacky over-drafted the Titans' first pick with Foster still on the IRL board at the time of posting. Titans went wide receiver (Corey Davis) in reality.

I got the position right for the Jets but the wrong player (as in the mock, Adams was already off the board).

catters078 nailed the Chargers' first pick in the draft.

Bucking Beads missed the Panthers' first pick in the draft. They did take an offensive skill position player, but took McCaffrey instead of Davis (as David was already off the board).

raskolnikov missed the player and the position with the Bengals' first round pick. Allen ended up going several picks later in reality, while the Bengals selected John Ross in reality.

In reality the Bills traded out of their 10th overall pick to the Chiefs, who moved up to take Patrick Mahomes. I think everyone is in agreement that Mahomes has been over-drafted so can't pot Buzzasto DaSilva for not making that trade. Buzzasto DaSilva selected Marshon Lattimore at pick 10 and it turns out he went to the Saints at pick 11.

Woodson selected Derek Barnett for the Saints at pick 11. Barnett was drafted to the Eagles in the real draft at pick 14.

For the Browns fuey selected O.J. Howard, who went to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the actual draft. In reality, the Browns traded out of the pick with the Texans, who moved up to select Deshaun Watson.

For the Cardinals, aussiedude selected Adoree Jackson, who went 18th overall in the real draft to the Titans. The Cardinals actually selected Haasan Reddick, who went 17th in the mock draft to the Redskins.

Looks like I significantly over-drafted Dalvin Cook and I'll probably have significantly over-drafted Sidney Jones. Apologies to the supporters of Eagles and Cowboys on the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston Mock draft :

25. Mitch Trubisky QB HIT Drafted number 2 overall
57. Dalvin Tomlinson DT HIT Drafted number 55 overall
89. Isaac Asiata OG MISS
130. Anthony Walker Jnr ILB
142. Rasul Douglas CB HIT Drafted number 99 overall
169. Chad Wheeler OT

Not bad so far.......

Cincinnati Bengals

Pick 9 - Jonathan Allen pick 17
Pick 41 - Dion Dawkins pick 63
Pick 73 - Noah Brown pick 239
Pick 116 -Josh Malone pick 128
Pick 138 -Dietrich Wise puck 130
Pick 153 - Kareem Hunt pick 86
Pick 176 - Jonnu Smith pick 100
Pick 193 - Aviante Collins

So slightly over rated some early picks and missed sone but got some bargains in the later rounds. Also picked Josh Malone, who the Bengals actually took.

Last edited:
Jaguars

pick 4 Leonard Fournette Pick 4
pick 35 Dan Feeney pick 71 (-36)
pick 68 Bucky Hodges pick 201 (-133)
pick 110 Howard Wilson pick 126 (-16)
pick 148 Jerod Evans (UDFA)
Pick 187 Chase Roullier pick 199 (-12)

Piss poor effort for the Jags although I nailed their first pick and had the right position for their second pick

Panthers

pick 8 Corey Davis pick 5 (+3)
pick 40 Christian McCaffrey pick 8 (+32)
pick 64 Tarrell Basham pick 80 (-16)
pick 98 Marcus Maye Pick 39 (+59)
pick 115 Samaje Perine pick 114 (+1)
pick 152 Adam Binsowaty pick 200 (-48)
pick 192 Sam Tevi pick 190 (+2)

+33 for the draft for the Panthers

Last edited:
Baltimore Ravens Draft Selections:

16. TJ Watt - Actual Pick = 30 (+14)
47. Gareon Conley - Actual Pick = 24 (-23)
78. Roderick Johnson - Actual Pick = 160 (+82)
99. Tyler Orlosky - Actual Pick = Undrafted
122. Taywan Taylor - Actual Pick = 72 (-50)
159. Tedric Thompson - Actual Pick = 111 (-48)
186. Jeremy McNichols - Actual Pick = 162 (-24)

I did well except for the 3rd round where I overdrafted 2 OL guys, and the sad thing is that I knew I was doing at the time because I fell into the trap of drafting for need over sticking with BPA

Last edited:
Chicago Bears Draft Selections:

3. Jamal Adams - Actual Pick = 6 (+3)
36. Evan Engram - Actual Pick = 23 (-13)
67. Chris Wormley - Actual Pick = 74 (+7)
111. D'Onta Foreman - Actual Pick = 89 (-22)
117. Brad Kaaya - Actual Pick = 215 (+98)
147. Julie'n Davenport - Actual Pick = 130 (-17)
221. Josh Reynolds - Actual Pick = 117 (-96)

Did pretty well overall. I'm surprised that Kaaya lasted to the end of the 6th round, yet CJ Beathard gets drafted in the 3rd round. I said that Reynolds had a decent chance of being drafted in the 3rd round IRL, and I was pretty close (he was drafted with the 10th pick of the 4th round)

Green Bay Packers Mock Draft Selections:
Round 1 (29): Takkarist McInley OLB went pick 26 to the Falcons (+3)
Round 2 (61): Chidobe Awuzie CB went pick 60 to the Cowboys (+1)
Round 3 (93): DeMarcus Walker OLB/DE went pick 51 to the Broncos (+42)
Round 4 (134): James Conner RB went pick 105 to the Steelers (+29)
Round 5 (172): Zach Banner OG went pick 137 to the Colts (+35)
Round 5 (182): Mack Hollins WR went pick 118 to the Eagles (+64)
Round 6 (212): Tanner Vallejo LB went pick 195 to the Bills (+17)
Round 7 (247): Jeremy Clark CB went pick 197 to the Jets (+50)

Started off really well, nearly got McInley and Awuzie in the right spots. The rest of the draft presents incredible value with the majority of players I picked were picked on average a full round earlier in the real thing (+39.5). Actually pretty happy with how I went, best mock draft I've done in my time here and didn't pick any UDFAs for once.

I also did my +/- different to drd23, I go my pick minus actual pick. For those who are wondering what's happened.

Seahawks Mock Draft:

1st round (26): Ryan Ramczyk OT went pick 32 (-6)
2nd Round (58): Kevin King CB went pick 33 (+25)
3rd Round (90): Pat Elflein C went pick 70 (+20)
3rd Round (102): Alex Anzalone LB went pick 76 (+26)
3rd Round (106): Justin Evans S went pick 50 (+56)
6th Round (210): Jarron Jones DT went UD (-43)
7th Round (226): Bryan Cox Jr DE went UD (-27)

If we go by the actual draft I got some really good value- particularly in the 3rd round. With so many CBs going early in the draft Kevin King was never sliding to pick 58. The Seahawks had the option to take Ramczyk at 26 which I thought they would once Bolles went off the board but opted to trade down twice when they could have taken him. Late on I basically took a punt and my last 2 picks went undrafted which is not too much of a surprise at that stage of the draft. I thought they would take a center but chose the wrong one as they went Pocic rather than Elflein.

All in all I am pretty content with how my mock went being able to pick up Ramczyk and King while addressing other positions of need.

New England Mock Draft.

73. Joe Mixon : Went @ 48 to Bengals. - 25 places.
96. Tanoh Kpassagon : Went @ 59 to Chiefs. - 37 places.
131 . Michael Roberts : Went @ 127 to Lions. - 4 places.
163 . Jermaine Eluemumor : Went @ 159 to Ravens. -4 places.
183 . Dylan Cole bust went UD. :p +70
200 . JJ Dielman : Went @176 to Bengals. - 24 places.
239 . Grover Stewart: Went @ 144 to Colts. - 95 places.

All in all pretty happy with the way the picks came off the board by comparison to my mock picks.

Mixon was always going to come off the board before 73 so I don"t take much credit for that.
Kpassagon being such a raw beast was going to tempt a team to reach a tad....... and they did.
Roberts and Eluemumor I pegged them pretty much bang on so that was pleasing for such mid range picks, as they can be tricky.
Cole major bust : I think his lateral movement being so slow and so tight, was the killer for him. Plus he doesn't play through the whistle.
Dielman went about where I thought he would go.
Stewart went way earlier than where I projected him , that said some teams will always pay more for a particular set of skills that are rare.

So all on all I am reasonably chuffed with the way my projections panned out.

Last edited:
Soooo, I played around with the spreadsheet a bit and came up with the following summary attempt:

upload_2017-5-1_21-55-17.png

I compared where we took each player with where they were actually taken, and recorded the net difference.
A negative number is good in this case, as it means you took the player before the NFL team did.

I may have missed a few places in some of the actual picks (feel free to point out any mistakes - see the CBS rankings tab for the full details), but I think I got most of them.

I assigned designations for misses (where you chose someone who went undrafted), and for close (= +/- 4 places from actual) or "perfect" (where you took them at the same spot as the NFL teams).

Off the back of this analysis, I'd argue GreyWind and gaskin have the best records, followed by Monocle and Mad Prophet .

And surprise surprise surprise, even with only 4 picks GG.exe nearly tops the miss rate (slightly behind that other gun Blacky ).

Of those with the most picks, Dixie Flatline and catters078 did best.

Great job everyone, well done!! Can't wait until next year...

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-1_21-54-36.png
    upload_2017-5-1_21-54-36.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
catters078 managed to hit with every one of his 13 picks!!

GreyWind hit with all 8 of his picks, and quotemokc hit with each of his 5 picks, as did TennisPlayerAndy with his 5.

Buzzasto DaSilva on the other hand missed with (I think) 6 picks, and Ram-Man had 5 misses.

Let me know what you think when you get a moment...

Sorry in advance for any errors.

Your fancy devious math does not diminish what GG.exe did in the mock draft.
Instead, look back after the year, and next year, and see how many players I drafted are studs vs busts.
That's how you rank how people did as GMs in the mock draft, the stud-vs-bust rate.
Go back on all the old mocks and you'll see I reamed it every year.
That includes picking Derek Carr/etc in that year's mock when the other person doing it stopped doing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back