NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently the Vikings are trying to take some of the blame by saying that they encourage their players to drink kombucha :rolleyes:

that is correct - was reported here http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/2...couraged-michael-floyd-to-drink-kombucha-tea/

Vikings chief operating officer Kevin Warren wrote a letter to Floyd’s attorney, Robert Feinberg, who attached it to a defense motion urging Scottsdale City Judge Statia Hendrix to cancel the hearing and reinstate electronic monitoring for the last five days of Floyd’s 96-day home confinement.

The judge had to do something because it would set a precedent for any other person in Floyd's situation which is why he got an additional day in jail. The rest of the decision was to reinstate electronic monitoring for the last five days of Floyd’s 96-day home confinement. Basically a slap on the wrist.

Whether or not Floyd is on the road to recovery from alcohol addiction is another question entirely and that's why the Vikings have him on the roster for a paltry $1.4 million, all unguaranteed. He has a couple of incentives built into the Contract but any NFL suspension will make those even harder to achieve.

Goodell has yet to issue a decision but it is expected that he'll get either a 2 or, more probably, 4 week suspension. Normally a first time offender would get 2 weeks but extreme intoxication (> 0.15%) is a allowable reason for an increased penalty and Floyd blew 0.217 after being found asleep at the wheel on December 12 last year.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Retired ILB Zachary Orr announced on Wednesday that he's contemplating a comeback.

Orr retired back in January after being diagnosed with a neck condition. The 25-year-old was said to be nearing an extension with the Ravens shortly before he was suddenly forced to retire. We're not sure what has changed medically with his situation, but Orr is determined to "play ball" this season. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora doesn't expect the Ravens to take the gamble on Orr's neck and bring him back. Getting cleared by a team will be Orr's biggest obstacle.
Related: Ravens

Source: NFL.com

Agree with that article (forgetting the fact i dropped him in dynasty league only a few weeks ago) .. how someone goes from retiring (because of such a serious condition) to unretiring in a matter of months doesnt sit well with me either. If this was a year or two down the road perhaps i could understand but from one extreme to another in such a short space of time, hmmm, i understand everyones dream is to play a sport they love and make some serious money out of it at the same time but at what cost?

Would hate for this to end up in tragedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We canceled a trade for Saffold a couple years ago due to failed medical

You have a superbowl roster now though, just need a quality ILB and youre loaded. ;)

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
I don't think he'll actually pass a physical to be signed by any team so it's probably all moot, but it certainly is weird that he's gone from retiring due to medical reasons to wanting to play again in less than 6 months
Totally agree. No chance he passes the physical.
I know Finely and Collins tried to play again and both didn't clear medicals. They were both C3-C4 from memory. Then there was Franklin as well, but he didn't try and return.
Only recent Packer cleared to play after a neck injury was Richardson who was C5 but even then I think he re-injured himself.

In short teams aren't going to touch him, not with a C1 injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back