NFL 2017 NFL - Week 11

Remove this Banner Ad

The NFL just needs to give every team a bye in the week preceding a thursday night matchup. That way, the NFL still keeps its TNF matchups and the players are still looked after to a degree.

The NFL just needs to give every team a bye in the week preceding a thursday night matchup. That way, the NFL still keeps its TNF matchups and the players are still looked after to a degree.
Only way that happens is if they cut down the Preseason. and move to 18/19 weeks with 2 byes each.

And i dont see anything changing till the CBA expires.

Only way that happens is if they cut down the Preseason. and move to 18/19 weeks with 2 byes each.

And i dont see anything changing till the CBA expires.

I agree that nothing will change in the short term. Really doubt anything is going to change long term either. The players have it as good as they ever had given they have barely any contact practices now, no more 2 a day practices during training camp, extra mandated days off in the off-season etc. That, along with the gimmicky college schemes we are seeing at Div 1 level, has resulted in players not being ready to play in the big leagues i.e. a severely watered down product.

So at this stage for next week we are going in with......

No Sean Lee / Zeke / Tyron Smith / Dan Bailey and Jeff Heath with Dez and Williams banged up but still playing on fumes.

Philly 42-17 easily and we do not have the depth to replace them especially Lee and Heath and our D is woeful as it is.

Positive thing to come out of it is that Philly will be thinking they will be Superbowl bound now and let the media and their own fans hype em up i say. :thumbsu::thumbsu::fire:

Dallas fans always a step behind. Saints are now the NFC Superbowl favourites ;)

I agree that nothing will change in the short term. Really doubt anything is going to change long term either. The players have it as good as they ever had given they have barely any contact practices now, no more 2 a day practices during training camp, extra mandated days off in the off-season etc. That, along with the gimmicky college schemes we are seeing at Div 1 level, has resulted in players not being ready to play in the big leagues i.e. a severely watered down product.

The no more 2-a days and limited padded practices is actually hurting players by the skill at positions most notably OL has had a huge drop in quality. More than the college teams not teaching players more than 1 blocking system. its not just a D1 A FBS problem its everywhere. Invest in ways to help OL players improve without the 1 padded practice a week. This is the hardest because one hand you are improving player safety, but it causes the on field product to suffer.

What should happen is if they want to keep the mid week football, Is to move it to Friday nights because why does HS football in Texas keep the NFL away from fridays.

The owners will still push for 17 or 18 games a season, so give every team 2 byes. 1 the week before they play a TNF/FNF game.
Get rid of the inactives for gameday, expand the rosters.
Invest in a "Farm league" like NFL Europe was used for. that will make it easier for players to get a 2nd chance if you cut down preseason.

Teams playing TNF games in December could have the week before played on a Saturday night since College football is done for the year. IE Saturday night double header a 4/5PM game and a 7/8PM game. could have them play teams coming off a Thursday night game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile....

Anthony McClanahan

get

Although scribes will be talking about Keenum/Bridgewater this week most Vikings fans will be eagerly watching the injury report to ensure that Everson Griffen and Mike Remmers will be back for the game against the Rams. The Vikings DL with bookends Griffen and Hunter demands a lot more respect than when veteran Brian Robison has to start. The same goes for the OL with Reiff and Remmers at each of the tackle positions although Rashod Hill has been very dependable in backup duties this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back