NFL 2017 NFL - Week 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Shazier and Burfict had this coming. Hope they're gonna be ok but just sayin
WTF?!?

There's a chance Shazier is paralysed and will spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair

Worst post ever.

edit: Apparently he is okay. His injury is not as bad as initial fears. But I still can't believe anyone would think "Serves him right" about any player who is carted off with a spinal injury. F**kin hell...

Last edited:
* the NFL. I'm sick of them handing the win to the Stealers every time we play them. It's rigged. Not watching again this season.

WTF?!?

There's a chance Shazier is paralysed and will spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair

Worst post ever.

edit: Apparently he is okay. His injury is not as bad as initial fears. But I still can't believe anyone would think "Serves him right" about any player who is carted off with a spinal injury. F**kin hell...

I read an insatgram post saying he has no feeling below his waist?

Cant find it anywhere else...hope its wrong

**** the NFL. I'm sick of them handing the win to the Stealers every time we play them. It's rigged. Not watching again this season.
main_900.jpg

Well maybe if the team wore a penalty for their actions we might actually see players suspended less?

Did ya consider that?

Yeah I did, but your punishment is a 50 man punishment. Sports about being disciplined and professional, one dick shouldn’t screw it up for all. Either then though single player suspensions do punish team’s adequately, teams have lost premierships...Carman, Coleman.

Plus what happens in playoffs? Go back to single player suspensions?

Sounds like Shazier's a very lucky boy but his career is probably over as it's hard to imagine he could change his style of tackling & attack on players at this stage of his career.

Yeah I did, but your punishment is a 50 man punishment. Sports about being disciplined and professional, one dick shouldn’t screw it up for all. Either then though single player suspensions do punish team’s adequately, teams have lost premierships...Carman, Coleman.

Plus what happens in playoffs? Go back to single player suspensions?
We're only talking about it as a tie breaker. So it wouldn't have any impact in finals/playoffs.

Teams should take responsibility for hiring & playing head cases.

I mean to say . . . some teams have been known to introduce things like bounties. :)

WTF?!?

Worst post ever.

It does serve him right. Leading with the helmet especially at the head is just as dangerous. Maybe he will smarten up now that something serious has happened to him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does serve him right. Leading with the helmet especially at the head is just as dangerous. Maybe he will smarten up now that something serious has happened to him
Dude... He might never play again.

And you didn't post "he had it coming" because you were worried that his technique could lead to self-harm.
You were basically saying "karma" because of the cheap shots he'd previously dished out in his career.

Last edited:
Completely agree. Heads up tackling is a major focus at every level of American football coaching, from peewee and up. The only reason Shazier would lead with his helmet like he did was either because of a refusal to accept any coaching or to to want to intentionally injure his opponent.

I wish him a speedy recovery but his current predicament is entirely his own making.

Completely agree. Heads up tackling is a major focus at every level of American football coaching, from peewee and up. The only reason Shazier would lead with his helmet like he did was either because of a refusal to accept any coaching or to to want to intentionally injure his opponent.

I wish him a speedy recovery but his current predicament is entirely his own making.

Could also just be that he was never taught to tackle properly growing up and he's been unable to change his technique.

I've seen a number of posters on a different forum who've coached peewee or HS football say that they've had parents tell kids not to listen to the teaching of heads up tackling because "that's not how you tackle" (because the parents have old and misguided views on proper tackling)

Can say the exact same thing for the Chargers and Raiders.

More than likely this division will be coming down to week 17.

Chargers won't hold the TB though...since they lost to the broncos. Chiefs defense sucks anyway so it's not like we'll do anything in the playoffs. Pretty sad after that 5-0 start, but as long as we beat ChOakland this weekend it'll be good ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back