NFL 2017 NFL - Week 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Thomas Davis gets two weeks for his hit on Adams, hahahaha

The NFL wheel of discipline at its finest.

Double Gronk's suspension and equal to Talib and Crabtree prior to appeal

#Consistency :thumbsu:

Thomas Davis gets two weeks for his hit on Adams, hahahaha

The NFL wheel of discipline at its finest.

Double Gronk's suspension and equal to Talib and Crabtree prior to appeal

#Consistency :thumbsu:

He's a repeat offender which makes it different. You should be comparing his suspension to the one Burfict got for his pre-season game hit.

He's a repeat offender which makes it different. You should be comparing his suspension to the one Burfict got for his pre-season game hit.

Yea, i still struggle to see how an intentional act on a dead play is worth half what Davis got even with "history"...

There's no way Davis went head hunting, on the hit he actually hits Adams body first (similar to JuJu on Burfict last week)

Are-you-making-this-up-_Arthur-best-bits_2-arthur-and-gwen-29681619-386-360.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

Yea, i still struggle to see how an intentional act on a dead play is worth half what Davis got even with "history"...

There's no way Davis went head hunting, on the hit he actually hits Adams body first (similar to JuJu on Burfict last week)
I empathise with the situation, but some players run out of chances based on previous history.

Safety Andrew Sendejo is in a similar situation at the Vikings. There's no way I'd call him a dirty player, but he's known as a hitter, rather than a tackler, and that trait gets him into trouble. Sendejo got suspended for what I would call an innocuous hit earlier in the season and that suspension was more likely based on previous history rather than the hit itself.

It's not the only factor of course, but all these imbalances and strange rulings are playing just as big a part as the others in turning people away, or at least dulling their enthusiasm for the NFL.

It was head hunting no doubt about it. it changed the game with Adams out, and Davis not being ejected he still made plays for the rest of the game. the fumble by Allison would of been Adams route if he wasnt KO'd

It will get reduced to 1 game, but this play changed the entire story of the game yesterday.

It was head hunting no doubt about it. it changed the game with Adams out, and Davis not being ejected he still made plays for the rest of the game. the fumble by Allison would of been Adams route if he wasnt KO'd

It will get reduced to 1 game, but this play changed the entire story of the game yesterday.

Sigh, im not going to get into an argument about the hit with you cause i might be wearing Panther glasses and you're wearing Packers glasses.

As for "the outcome" ... rubbish, we were fully in control of that game, even while Adams was on the field.

But why? I think it's a good rule

Well let’s say a rb makes a run from 50 yd line, breaks clear & is running towards the EZ.

Scenario 1: At the 5 yd line the ball slips out his hand and rolls out of bounds at the 5 yd line. It’s a 44 yd gain. 1st and Goal on the 5yd line

Scenario 2: The ball rolls an extra yard and a bit into the EZ and oob. Touchback and turnover. Opposition takes over on own 20

I don’t see how that’s fair. Under my proposal the ball is marked at the 50 yd line as the fumble went forward.

Why in this case should the defence be rewarded?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But why? I think it's a good rule

Actually I was wrong. If you fumble and it goes forward then balls goes back to where you started the play as my above post states

Sigh, im not going to get into an argument about the hit with you cause i might be wearing Panther glasses and you're wearing Packers glasses.

As for "the outcome" ... rubbish, we were fully in control of that game, even while Adams was on the field.
I dont care if he hit someone from one of the other 30 teams. you launch like that and go helmet first, you are trying to hurt someone and not just block them.

To me thats head hunting. He wanted to hurt him. I dont care if he intended to knock him out, he still wanted to hurt him.

I dont care if he hit someone from one of the other 30 teams. you launch like that and go helmet first, you are trying to hurt someone and not just block them.

To me thats head hunting. He wanted to hurt him. I dont care if he intended to knock him out, he still wanted to hurt him.

I actually do understand a suspension, whether he meant it or not, he knocked a player out of the game, i just dont understand the inconsistency. That's more the crux of my argument, week to week no one has a clue what is worth what.

as for the outcome, It was a 1 score game inside 2 mins and the Packers had the ball. Adams could of easily made the play Allison fumbled on.

And Davis made a bunch of plays after the Adams hit, that a back up might not of made if Davis was ejected.

Im not saying the packers would of won, but it changed the game by taking the Packers best WR out of the game.

And Davis made a bunch of plays after the Adams hit, that a back up might not of made if Davis was ejected.

Ejection has some merit, but NFL officials can barely get the current rules right, can we trust them to judge hits also ?

Ejection has some merit, but NFL officials can barely get the current rules right, can we trust them to judge hits also ?

They would insist on trying to judge intent like mind-reading wizards, leaving it open to make up whatever they want still.

The NFL need to change ejection rules just as much as they need to clarify the catch rule.

Make ejections reviewable, have the video reviewer able to buzz down for a review on plays like that, or the ones in the Steelers/Cinci game to see if they are worth an ejection.

They also need consistency and rules for suspensions. I dont understand how they can have consistency for fines but not suspensions.

It's not the only factor of course, but all these imbalances and strange rulings are playing just as big a part as the others in turning people away, or at least dulling their enthusiasm for the NFL.

This is so true and many people i have grown up with ( some on here to ) who are/were avid madly passionate NFL supporters are very mehhhh on the game now with the " * the NFL " phrase now bleated out more than i have heard it in my 30yrs following this once great game.

Sad really and i am at this stage as well.

The imbalances / calls / Goodell / suspensions and on field officiating is just a joke really currently and entering a stage of the season that is meant to be the most exciting which had me looking for reasons to get time off work to watch it has now turned full circle and currently i am seeking/asking for the Xmas shutdown work during playoff time for the first time ever in my life.

The NFL need to change ejection rules just as much as they need to clarify the catch rule.

Make ejections reviewable, have the video reviewer able to buzz down for a review on plays like that, or the ones in the Steelers/Cinci game to see if they are worth an ejection.

They also need consistency and rules for suspensions. I dont understand how they can have consistency for fines but not suspensions.

Let's just be honest here, because they don't want it.

Simple.

This is so true and many people i have grown up with ( some on here to ) who are/were avid madly passionate NFL supporters are very mehhhh on the game now with the " **** the NFL " phrase now bleated out more than i have heard it in my 30yrs following this once great game.

Sad really and i am at this stage as well.

The imbalances / calls / Goodell / suspensions and on field officiating is just a joke really currently and entering a stage of the season that is meant to be the most exciting which had me looking for reasons to get time off work to watch it has now turned full circle and currently i am seeking/asking for the Xmas shutdown work during playoff time for the first time ever in my life.

Really? Just more talking points. Yes poor officiating/suspensions is frustrating but it's no different to most ball team sports...soccer, AFL, rugby. Demetriou was a **** but just put up with it.

The Steelers-Pats game didn't get you excited?

Really? Just more talking points. Yes poor officiating/suspensions is frustrating but it's no different to most ball team sports...soccer, AFL, rugby. Demetriou was a **** but just put up with it.

The Steelers-Pats game didn't get you excited?

It is not just 1 or 2 games and yesterdays was great it is the overall scheme currently on the points i mentioned above.

AFL is not much better i admit but no where near NFL corruption levels right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back