NFL 2017 NFL - Week 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read the ACL confirmed for Wentz, this league really has sucked this season with way too many good players going out.
another reason to keep to NFL season at 16 games. There's already too many season ending injuries every year, extra games during the regular season just make the playoffs more unwatchable.

These are the games that could go either way IMO that hold massive playoff implications (as far as who makes it and who doesn't):

Chargers @ KC (this week)

Rams @ Seattle (this week)

Packers @ Panthers (this week)

Miami @ KC (week 16)

Atlanta @ NO (week 16)

Carolina @ Atlanta (week 17)

If KC lose this week to the Chargers it will come down to Miami vs KC as to who will make it.

Seattle really need to win this week, if they dont their fate is out of their hands and it will more than likely come down to Carolina @ ATL in week 17. (ATL win and they are in)

If Carolina lose both games to ATL and GB they could still miss out.

simplified;

In the AFC:

KC or Miami will be the sixth seed

In the NFC:

One of Atlanta, Seattle or Carolina will miss out.

Last edited:
eBDq9rz.jpg

While bitching on all things NFL.... not that it is going to greatly effect many match ups this year but what are people 's thoughts on the NFL playoff structure generally?

Is it too much that teams with a worse regular season record get home field advantage on occasions during week 1 for winning a shittty division?

Home field advantage for going 7-8-1 (as my Panthers did 4 years ago) seems ridiculous. Surely by receiving a playoff birth you have already been given a decent leg up.

I dont entirely want to reinvent the wheel, Im fine with division winners making the playoffs, but Id prefer to see the seeds and home field advantage given out purely on regular season records.

Interested to know what others think of the current system and their ideal scenario's and structures. :)

I have

AFC
1 - Steelers
2 - Jags #believe!!!

Titans @ Pats
Ravens @ Chargers

NFC
1 - Eagles
2 - Sota

Panthers @ Saints
Rams @ Seattle

Would be a redic NFC wild card weekend

#filthyhomer :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hightower always seems to be left out of the "star NFL players injured" narrative this year, which is amusing because without him we might be talking about the Pats being 3-4 in SBs
Strange when they put people like Bradford there. They left Luck out. They both spend more time on IR than playing the last few years.

Hightower is on the cart with Shazier, but not in the article.

Patriots signed WR Kenny Britt to a two-year contract.

Waived by the worst team in football four days ago, Britt will try to stick to the Super Bowl-or-bust Patriots' 53-man roster. Especially while Chris Hogan (shoulder) was sidelined, the Pats were lacking depth at receiver. Hogan is back now, but another body was still needed. It's an open question as to whether Britt will be able to keep his roster spot, though the two-year deal suggests he will. Britt was all the way checked out for the Browns, making awful errors and few, if any, big plays. Although he will be catching passes from Tom Brady, Britt won't have any fantasy value in his new home.

Source: Field Yates on Twitter

So who is getting the AFC 6th seed?

A lot of teams could get it - Bills, Ravens, Dolphins, Chargers

Raiders I doubt with Cowboys and Eagles the next 2 weeks.

Bills and Dolphins play each other twice in the next 3 weeks - if one of them sweep they could be in position to get that spot, especially if it's Buffalo

titans won't make playoffs and they're the 5th seed

While bitching on all things NFL.... not that it is going to greatly effect many match ups this year but what are people 's thoughts on the NFL playoff structure generally?

Is it too much that teams with a worse regular season record get home field advantage on occasions during week 1 for winning a shittty division?

Home field advantage for going 7-8-1 (as my Panthers did 4 years ago) seems ridiculous. Surely by receiving a playoff birth you have already been given a decent leg up.

I dont entirely want to reinvent the wheel, Im fine with division winners making the playoffs, but Id prefer to see the seeds and home field advantage given out purely on regular season records.

Interested to know what others think of the current system and their ideal scenario's and structures. :)
I'm happy with it the way it is. I think there's something to say about winning your division.

But if I was forced to make a change I'd do this:

1st and 2nd seeds are the new Wild Cards. So the top 2 teams from each conference no matter what division are 1 & 2.

Then the 3-6 seeds are the next top teams in their division.

For example from that year with the Panthers

It was this:

1. Seahawks 12-4
2. Packers 12-4
3. Cowboys 12-4
4. Panthers 7-8-1
5. Cardinals 11-5
6. Lions 10-6

It would now be this:

1. Seahawks 12-4
2. Packers 12-4
3. Cowboys 12-4
4. Cardinals 11-5
5. Lions 10-6
6. Panthers 7-8-1

Or another example from 2013 where you had the two best teams in the same division (let's say for examples sake that the 49ers held the tiebreaker over Carolina)

This is what it was:

1. Seahawks 13-3
2. Panthers 12-4
3. Eagles 10-6
4. Packers 8-7-1
5. 49ers 12-4
6. Saints 11-5

It would now be this:

1. Seahawks 13-3
2. 49ers 12-4
3. Panthers 12-4
4. Eagles 10-6