NFL 2017 NFL - Week 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Oaklands OL was decent once upon a time too.

As i said mid week, how the * did Oakland have 3 Oline pro bowl reps this year? Look at the highest paid, vote them in, sophisticated stuff.

KWSsOx9.png
KWSsOx9.png
KWSsOx9.png
KWSsOx9.png
KWSsOx9.png
KWSsOx9.png
KWSsOx9.png

WTF has happened to him?

He would of eaten a scenario like this up last year no problem.

Surely the injury has not wrecked his career and he is a shadow of what he use to be.
Injuries, got him worried like brother David. I remember early in his rookie season he got a minor injury and he said family life is more important to him than football. So, there's the motivation for the scaredness in the pocket as he's accrued some bigger injuries since then.

Coupled with his huge contract extension recently. RM should've been smarter and locked up Mack first and made Carr prove it another year first before handing him so much money. He didn't deserve that monetary/career trust from FO at that point. Too early.

OL's are often voted in based on the previous season. Not the current season.

Like the Australian Test team under Michael Clarke. Once he gave you baggy green, you get 50 tests to prove you dont belong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that they will be, but why not? They are the ones committing the illegitimate act, the NFL just facilitated it

Yeah but it’s an ‘open’ transaction, everyone knows it happened. So I think there is an underlying assumption there that the NFL will sanction it. i.e the NFL will administer their own rules correctly.

It’s not like a cloak and dagger cap move designed to deceive.

Another reason why Carr/Downing sucks....one-trick ponies. They saw that the Corners bite on routes, and they just kept going for that all night. No nuances. No adjustments when the Eagles started changing. That's on Carr too because him and Downing are more involved than when Musgrave was OC. Carr fought to have more say in the offense.

He was excellent today.

Yep, i like how he gives insight but doesn't try and predict every play like Romo does, lets the game commentator call the game and adds knowledge and opinion when required.

Born for the booth. Really enjoyed listening to him.

If only GMs did crazy things like I suggested last season.....when I said to trade Carr to the Browns for a boatload of picks while his value was high. We might've drafted Myles Garrett to bookend Mack and taken Patrick Mahomes too and had a learning curve year this year, but we'd also have saved a ton of money on a QB whose career POSSIBLY hit the ceiling last season and is now trending downward.

RM should've sent that huge new contract money to Mack first. And let Derek Carr prove it another year first. That would've saved RM a bit of money if Carr still performed as badly, or made Carr play pro-bowl level again this year, motivated. But Mack is THE undisputed star on this team, he never under-performs.

Kurt Warner> Romo in the commentary booth btw, ESPN sign him permanently please.
I believe that was an NBC or NFL Network game, not ESPN, but yes he was impressive.

Though NFL Network needs him as an analyst given their current staff being suspended.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back