NFL 2017 NFL - Week 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Ertz just made the Washington player his bitch on the TD
Reminded me of some out tackling early yesterday. ;)

I know its easy to say from where I sit but those sort of tackles should be instinctual - wrap them up and drive them OOB. How hard can it be?

I know its easy to say from where I sit but those sort of tackles should be instinctual - wrap them up and drive them OOB. How hard can it be?

Too many kids don't get taught how to tackle properly from peewee on up.

I've seen posters on other forums who teach juniors say that they frequently get push-back when they try to teach "heads up tackling" by others who think they know better.

Wentz is special.

This had all the makings of one of our traditional let down games, then he did what the greats do and turned it on its head.
He has the most important ingredient - he's a competitor.

It's amazing to me how many QB's lack that.

If it was up to me you'd have to tackle a player to the ground before there was a holding call. :)

I liked it when receivers had to be tough enough to create separation. Now you just need to be fast.

Being held back by your jersey from behind, preventing you to get to the flight of the ball, has absolutely nothing to do with toughness.

It's always been a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being held back by your jersey from behind, preventing you to get to the flight of the ball, has absolutely nothing to do with toughness.

It's always been a flag.
I'm not saying it shouldn't be a flag in the context of current officiating.

But you have a different definition of being "held back" to me.

Wow, Peters doing his knee could very well be another game changing injury in the NFC.
The NFL is a Tom Brady injury away from a Jags/Rams superbowl.

What a drive by Wentz since Peters went down, huge leadership, could have taken the air out of the building but he's straight back onto the job without missing a a beat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back