NFL 2017 NFL - Week 7

Remove this Banner Ad

How about holding against Washington?

What holds? You must be blind

DM3voB-XcAAHaXk.jpg

It's hard to tell holding from stills.

You can anchor your hands by holding.

Having said that I can see why Eagles fans are pissed at the officiating. I haven't seen many of their games but the ones I have seen they get flagged for everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's hard to tell holding from stills.

You can anchor your hands by holding.

Having said that I can see why Eagles fans are pissed at the officiating. I haven't seen many of their games but the ones I have seen they get flagged for everything.

DM3veS5WAAACSWP.jpg

That was a frame or two before.

Are the Eagle posters going to show any stills of missed calls for the Redskins?

If they were posted on my twitter timeline I could. Or if you want to provide some then we will happily debate the merits of them.

Injuries in this game are ridiculous. Both teams have had about 4 key players down

What holds? You must be blind

DM3voB-XcAAHaXk.jpg
With holding, it's all about the timing factor as well as continued contact. If the O-Lineman make first contact on their opponent with hand on the inside of shoulder blades area and continue that contact whether as a fistful of guersey, then that's permitted.. it's only when they release that first contact which is sometimes damn impossible to tell, and re-apply the second hand on the guersey whether it's inside the shoulder blades or not, then it's considered a HOLD.. But I find some officials get it WRONG because the player with the ball has already cleared the area of the hold by 7 yards (box depth).. it can be a complex rule if you don't see the first contact leave the guersey yet the play is within the location.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back