NFL 2017 NFL - Wild Card Weekend

Who wins this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That's because NFL refs don't normally call it enough. QBs get enough protection as it is. They don't need the extra help of having penalties they commit not being called.

All 3 intentional grounding calls I can remember today (Peterman, Brees and Newton) were absolutely correct.

Yeah I'm not arguing the interpretation just thought it seemed strange compared to a spike but I get the reasoning explained above.

Similar to the helmet hit on Kelce yesterday, I assume it's because he was deemed a runner and not a receiver that it wasn't a penalty?

Yeah I'm not arguing the interpretation just thought it seemed strange compared to a spike but I get the reasoning explained above.

Similar to the helmet hit on Kelce yesterday, I assume it's because he was deemed a runner and not a receiver that it wasn't a penalty?

Yes, penalty if you hit a defenceless receiver in the helmet.

It's like deliberate in the AFL though - all you have to do is disguise it well enough and you get away with it. That last one against Cam Newton for instance was extremely rough, 9/10 the QB seems to get away with throwing it out of bounds like that.
I think it's more giving the qb the opportunity to avoid getting killed, but have the same reward for the defence for putting such pressure on the qb. Spiking gives the opportunity to stop the clock, while still receiving a punishment of sorts, and it saves the defence. The defence is prevented of physical exertion and stress.

When I recall the tight margin of Newton's position and throw. It reminds me of another such moment.

I'd be interested to read anyone else's interpretation. Starting from 3:05.

Sorry if there's a thread for it but - has anyone used DHgate for NFL jerseys?

NBA board jersey thread will get you sorted.

Sean Payton popped a few perscription pills to celebrate judging by the dance the moves in the dressing room.
First time poster here. Saints fan who enjoyed watching a live game for probably the second time only, thx FTA. I think that was relief after the last 4th down play he called. Way too risky and very lucky it was caught and yardage not lost.

Last edited:
Back