2017 NHL Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh I'm not bummed we no longer have Reilly smith on the roster.

Pasta should get his money with little fuss. We wait and see.
Hindsight. At the time both players' previous two seasons warranted much bigger contracts than they eventually accepted. That said, GM's willingness to hand out ludicrous contracts to UFAs is what creates the scenario where teams don't have enough money under the cap to fairly pay their young players.

Sounds more and more like it's going to happen. The fact that he would have to pass through waivers to get sent to the AHL is a huge plus for him.

Good D at $4m... bargain
Yeah, they'll be laughing. In all honesty, I haven't seen a ton of the Canes play in recent years, but people have been raving about that D core. Sounds like Ronny Franchise is setting them up very nicely.

Looks like Papa Cullen has decided to play in Minnesota for his last season. But what a great addition to the Pens for the last two seasons he has been. Came in as a 4th line center and stop gap for injuries and became a mentor for all the young guys coming into the team from the AHL and a fan favourite. He is just as much a reason for the last two cups as anyone in the team. I for one will miss him.

Jim Benning with another head scratcher signing in Vanek. Maybe they move him along at the trade deadline for a pick.
Vanek's seventh team in five years. :eek:
If he plays with the Sedin's the combined age of the line would be 107 years old. :eek::eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back