2017 NMFC Membership Tally/Discussion | Final tally 40,441

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyways still on the topic of poor I'm outraged that the club has disallowed my request to have Half Tonne Mom wearing only her "Traditional" North Strip on my membership card for 2017. Turn it up Ben Buckleys! :stern look

Time will tell, if we start the season close to or on the 40,000 mark, then a few good games strung together can convince the 'deep thinkers' to sign on again. Overall the club is in pretty great shape. A younger playing group, reduced debts, a much better stadium deal next year will further reduce debts and allow for the club to fund development of its footy dept.

I don't see gloom and doom but only opportunity looking ahead. With a resurgent Essendon we will struggle to make the eight in 2017 with new younger players, my prediction 9th on the ladder by the end of the H&A rounds.
I've said it ad nauseum but I am still curious about how members' (or former, as it were) reactions to the veterans' farewells will factor into the final total for the coming year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definately, I couldn't give a toss about what other clubs are doing in relation to their membership. Melbourne and the Saints have been false prophets for years in having promised so much over the years and delivered so little to their supporters. I still kind of think that the Dogs got lucky this season and don't really think that they will back up for another crack at the flag next year, that's my prediction.

I still think that the two Sydneys, the Hawks and Adelaide will finish above the Bulldogs next season, and as much as it pains me to say it, I suspect that a fully listed Bombers will make the eight above us.
I like the Saints. Crywoldt and the woman issue aside, they don't have reasons for me to hate them.

Cheers,

I am talking about the deep thinkers who hold off renewing memberships (not everybody renews membership every year, particularly people in the country who hesitate to buy a membership if they think that it won't be worth the effort) until they see whether the club is doing any good. It happened last year when our fortunes spiked during the first nine games.

That's what I am talking about.
Gotcha.

Hey mate, Do you realise how big unders you took with your avatar pic?

TAB robs everyone including you that day.

Plenty of the corporate bookies were $51 and $61 the draw and you got a lousy $26 with them.

Well done but poor bugger !!!! #JustSayin
Its true Wellsfan, I got shafted by odds but I nearly didn't put the bet on.
I had planned to come down to that GF and stay with a mate at Pascoe Vale South. I had a strong feeling about a draw given Ross' coaching style and the many years since the last draw. Seeing as I was getting free accom I planned to put on $150 at $49 (I think) at the time but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Anyway the days past and I basically ran out of time and didn't think too much of it.
A mate asked me about if I'd got the bet on as I was getting on the train at Strathmore station and I kind of shrugged.
Anyway, when we got off the train at Flinders street, I crossed the road and by some miracle (to me, maybe its always there!), there was a mobile TAB van sitting there! That's how I placed that bet!
I lost $40 the next week on a St Kilda/St George double but had a good win later backing Americain in the cup!.
Believe it or not I don't gamble much, but when I do, I like to make it with a bit of size.
This year, after seeing how slow cats and hawks looked in the finals and the rest given before the finals, I put $250 on the dogs for premiers!
My only bet on the footy this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back