Resource 2017 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

This spreadsheet automatically updates the draft order at the end of each round (usually on the Monday or Tuesday).

During the trade period I will endeavour to keep it as up to date as possible, but I'm only one person so please be patient :)

Tag me if you notice anything that isn't quite right!

Thanks to Final Siren for the use of the Squiggle data and also to DrMike for his input.

For the 2018 nominal draft order, please click here.

Last edited:
Is now automated and should update at the end of each round. I may also look to add a predicted finishing order using the squiggle predictor (see last year's draft order spreadsheet for an example).

Hawthorn looking sickly.

Even worse when you realise that #19 pick is going to be much worse once GWS get their s**t together.
If Squiggle is right they'll enter the trade period with their first pick at 34. Although I wouldn't want to be any of the teams that lack a first rounder :/

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2016
^^ ""Flat World Champions".
AFL Club
Richmond

Time for it's own thread I think.

Much of this spreadsheet is usually automated from a live ladder as it was last year, however the live ladder that I use is not available for 2017 (yet) so until it is I will update the spreadsheet manually at the end of each round. Is now automated.

Tag me if you notice anything that isn't quite right!

Will keep it as up to date as possible, but I'm only one person so please be patient :)

does this include richmonds extra 3rd rounder?

So given a few 'gremlins' as Anzacday puts it, I'm going to try and post a screencap of the picks as they stand at the end of each round so that you can refer to it even if the google server screws up.

Round 1:
Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 8.00.10 pm.png

thanks

i looked at it for 20 minuets trying work it out
It's colour-coded, so two red picks (first rounders) and two yellows (third rounders). No orange ones because they're second round picks. If that helps?

yeah i see it now,
the larger size heaps my frail eyes

its rather beautiful really, great job
Embedded spreadsheets do funny things to formatting. Glad it helps :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HellasOle

Cancelled
Feb 12, 2017
Oakleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Reckon Jasper Pittard should come to Geelong at the end of the season
Family in Torquay, imagine Thuoy and him off Half Back

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Man.

People want to rip into Hawthorns draft position this year but Port look pretty rough

Considering we added 3 promising young mids in spp, atley and drew last draft with a kpp prospect and we have a tonne of promising young players stepping up or looking good like Houston bonner dbj Austin clurey and so on I'm hardly worried about missing a first round. Heaps of young players on our list. Would still love an early pick in this draft but we are not in a position that lack of an early pick will hurt us. To be honest depending on how you look at it we picked up spp last draft instead of having a first pick next draft. That's worth it every day with spps form to start the year.

Every team in Vic would love to have pittard in their team. I suspect several would be chasing him pretty hard. I'm really confident he stays, but even if he doesn't we either get a band 1 pick or force a trade. In which case Geelong would be hard pressed to come up with anything viable trade wise looking at the picks above.

HellasOle

Cancelled
Feb 12, 2017
Oakleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Considering we added 3 promising young mids in spp, atley and drew last draft with a kpp prospect and we have a tonne of promising young players stepping up or looking good like Houston bonner dbj Austin clurey and so on I'm hardly worried about missing a first round. Heaps of young players on our list. Would still love an early pick in this draft but we are not in a position that lack of an early pick will hurt us. To be honest depending on how you look at it we picked up spp last draft instead of having a first pick next draft. That's worth it every day with spps form to start the year.

Every team in Vic would love to have pittard in their team. I suspect several would be chasing him pretty hard. I'm really confident he stays, but even if he doesn't we either get a band 1 pick or force a trade. In which case Geelong would be hard pressed to come up with anything viable trade wise looking at the picks above.

Nice assessment
Pittard is an unrestricted free agent at the end of year

vozzon

All Australian
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Have a feeling that might be the case, not sure how the FA compensation would work though as we dont have a 1st round pick. If he leave and we can get an end of first rounder it might be worth it, its ne of the few positions we have cover for and also he is one of the few guys that is actually worth something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back