Resource 2017 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks win, unhappy Saints slip out to 3rd pick. Could Swans snaffle pick 1???? they are playing horribly.

Hawthorn are above Carlton now, #4 actually.

Round 7:

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 3.26.29 pm.png

Note: The bold/not bold for whether those are your original picks are done manually, and might be wrong as picks move around week to week. Don't think it's particularly important at this stage anyway and once the ladder settles a bit more I'll fix it up. The one that was mostly the problem was Richmond's two third rounders kept swapping places, one is originally theirs and the other obviously isn't. Similar things probably with Gold Coast's many second round picks.

Round 7:

View attachment 368084

Note: The bold/not bold for whether those are your original picks are done manually, and might be wrong as picks move around week to week. Don't think it's particularly important at this stage anyway and once the ladder settles a bit more I'll fix it up. The one that was mostly the problem was Richmond's two third rounders kept swapping places, one is originally theirs and the other obviously isn't. Similar things probably with Gold Coast's many second round picks.
Woohoo we're winning the draft. :rainbow: :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something like this should work as a Conditional Formatting Rule:
Code:
=AND(VLOOKUP(PicksTab!$TeamColumn,DraftOrderTab!$PickRange,2,FALSE)=PicksTab!$TeamColumn,VLOOKUP($TeamColumn,DraftOrderTab!$PickRange,3,FALSE)=PicksTab!$TeamColumn)
Hope that makes sense. Probably an easier way to do it.

Something like this should work as a Conditional Formatting Rule:
Code:
=AND(VLOOKUP(PicksTab!$TeamColumn,DraftOrderTab!$PickRange,2,FALSE)=PicksTab!$TeamColumn,VLOOKUP($TeamColumn,DraftOrderTab!$PickRange,3,FALSE)=PicksTab!$TeamColumn)
Hope that makes sense. Probably an easier way to do it.
Yeah makes sense. I might look into it, it's not really difficult to do manually though, but I guess the more future trading we get the more complicated this will be in future years. Thanks!

Another thing I was thinking that could be cool is auto ranking the list on the right side, would give a quick reference to a "draft ladder". Up to you though!
That's a rabbit hole I probably won't go down, as it involves macros and things and would probably break googlesheets (if it doesn't break me first!) I can do a manual sort before I screenshot it each week though, I doubt it changes too much.

DrMike I'm working on your suggestion but so far no luck. Conditional formatting is finicky at the best of times and it doesn't seem to like VLOOKUPs :( I did get it to automatically bold the traded picks in the draft order tab though, that only took two seconds compared to the time I've spent messing around with the picks and points sheet so far! hahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back