Resource 2017 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

So does anyone know if GWS trade in a first round draft pick, will they lose the 1000 points off that pick as it is now their first pick?

So does anyone know if GWS trade in a first round draft pick, will they lose the 1000 points off that pick as it is now their first pick?
I don't think anyone is exactly certain, but it seems to be applied before the trade period, but after the grand final (i.e. the pick can move around and change values but it will still come off that pick before it can be traded).

Pretty sure it'll come off their own pick. The reports last year were that GWS held on to their own first round pick for exactly this reason.

So this darned thing broke again, I blame Lachie Whitfield and the AFL's silly new draft penalty system >_< I think it's right now, the issue was mostly with the later picks being misnumbered (73 was missing, so 74 was actually meant to be 73, 75 meant to be 74 and so on), and a resulting stuff up with formatting for the cell colours (rounds), bold (traded) and font colours (whether points are attached). GWS' forfeited pick now goes to the very end of the draft, and I meddled with a few other things so that if anything like that happened again it shouldn't stuff up everything else (when it goes wrong it goes VERY wrong.. hah.)

Check it out, let me know if you see any other errors.

Anyway, without further ado...

Round 15:
Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 1.10.52 am.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think anyone is exactly certain, but it seems to be applied before the trade period, but after the grand final (i.e. the pick can move around and change values but it will still come off that pick before it can be traded).
i reckon saints would be all over moving out 1 of their 1sts if they can't get a player trade done with them (IE kelly/dusty/lever caliber guys).

The deal that the AFL approved would have been extremely generous to St Kilda even if the Hawks hadn't plummeted this year. Don't know why thet signed off on it.
was the only way the JOM deal was going to go through. hawks had no more draft assets and GC wanted a 1st last year instead of future picks to sell to the fans. we were the best draft pick back hawks could get. the word was hawks tried with draft picks earlier than the 10 we had first but had no traction.

3 top 20 picks in a poor draft doesn't seem that great for the Lions

There's a difference between shallow poor and overall poor. The top 25 don't look too bad, glancing at the phantom draft trial run. I'd rather be in our position than Gold Coast's.

Any chance the GC bundle up a bunch of their picks for pick 1?
Perhaps something like 21, 22, 24 + 2018 2nd rounder for pick 1? I know people will tell me that the points for pick 1 aren't as much as pick 1,. but the reality of landing 3 picks inside 24 PLUS potentially another early 2nd round pick the following year.. could be worth it for both parties,.
Could mean that Brisbane/Carlton (whoever finishes bottom) ends up a total 4 picks inside 25 over a year period...Instead of a risky pick 1 pick.? Thoughts?

Any chance the GC bundle up a bunch of their picks for pick 1?
Perhaps something like 21, 22, 24 + 2018 2nd rounder for pick 1? I know people will tell me that the points for pick 1 aren't as much as pick 1,. but the reality of landing 3 picks inside 24 PLUS potentially another early 2nd round pick the following year.. could be worth it for both parties,.
Could mean that Brisbane/Carlton (whoever finishes bottom) ends up a total 4 picks inside 25 over a year period...Instead of a risky pick 1 pick.? Thoughts?
Teams don't want to drop that far back for a bunch of second round picks. If pick 1 ever gets traded again it'd be for multiple top ten picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back