2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a look at Toby Greens little faux pas. That's not a jumper punch. That was an uppercut but with the fore arm. Not super high impact but god what a nut job. Surely a few weeks with his dodgy record.

Geelong playing him in round 23 will sucker him into being rubbed out the whole finals

What if he swings at princess Joel?

Just looking at cats draw and they could really tumble out of the top 4. They have blues, bombers, Tigers, pies and GWS . Could have a 2-3 record from these.

Geelong playing him in round 23 will sucker him into being rubbed out the whole finals

What if he swings at princess Joel?

I'd be voting for extremely hard flush contact.
Kind of a 2 for 1 deal.

Just looking at cats draw and they could really tumble out of the top 4. They have blues, bombers, Tigers, pies and GWS . Could have a 2-3 record from these.
3 off those games are at Skilled and they rarely lose there

Blues at Etihad (Blues have given them a fright there in recent years), Tigers (who knows but at Cattery), Swans (have won there in recent years at Cattery), Pies at G (been their bogey side and don't play the G well), GWS at Cattery (will win this one).

Reckon they might go 3-2 and finish on 58 points.

Blues at Etihad (Blues have given them a fright there in recent years), Tigers (who knows but at Cattery), Swans (have won there in recent years at Cattery), Pies at G (been their bogey side and don't play the G), GWS at Cattery (we win this one).

Reckon they might go 3-2 and finish on 58 points.

We win this one? Geelong alt?

I think SPS was watching Dangerflop on Friday night with his performance when Zorko missed him tonight. aFL need to stamp out acting before it becomes as rampant as body and jumper punches.

This weekend has definitely opened things up within the top 4

Richmond have set themselves up for a potential top 4 finish

Richmond - Gold Coast(metro), Hawthorn (MCG), Geelong (skilled), Freo (Subi), St Kilda (MCG) are good enough to win 4/5 likely win 3/5
Port - St Kilda(AO), Adelaide (AO), Collingwood (AO), WB (bal), GC (AO) could win win 4/5 likely win 3/5
Melbourne - North (Hobart), GWS (Canberra), Saints (MCG), Brisbane (MCG), Collingwood (MCG) could win 4/5 likely 3/5
Sydney - Hawthorn (MCG), Geelong (Skilled), Freo (SGC), Adelaide (AO), Carlton (SCG) could win 4/5 likely 3/5

I think Melbourne have the easiest run home and could potentially win 4 out of 5 games in the run home.

It is looking like Port may have to win 4 out of 5 to finish 4th

Richmond on their day can beat anyone, but they also have a history of imploding. They should be able to go 4 from 5, but because it's Richmond I expect them to drop a couple of games.

Sydney, while they are the form side of the comp, definitely have the toughest draw. If they win 4 out of 5 then they are going to impossible to stop in September.

There's also a huge question mark over GWS, if they lose to the Bulldogs at Etihad and Geelong at Skilled they most probably will drop out of the top 4.

Last edited:

Richmond - Gold Coast(metro), Hawthorn (MCG), Geelong (skilled), Freo (Subi), St Kilda (MCG) are good enough to win 4/5 likely win 3/5
Port - St Kilda(AO), Adelaide (AO), Collingwood (AO), WB (bal), GC (AO) could win win 4/5 likely win 3/5
Melbourne - North (Hobart), GWS (Canberra), Saints (MCG), Brisbane (MCG), Collingwood (MCG) could win 4/5 likely 3/5
Sydney - Hawthorn (MCG), Geelong (Skilled), Freo (SGC), Adelaide (AO), Carlton (SCG) could win 4/5 likely 3/5

I think Melbourne have the easiest run home and could potentially win 4 out of 5 games in the run home.

Richmond on their day can beat anyone, but they also have a history of imploding. They should be able to go 4 from 5, but because it's Richmond I expect them to drop a couple of games.

Sydney, while they are the form side of the comp, definitely have the toughest draw. If they win 4 out of 5 then they are going to impossible to stop in September.

There's also a huge question mark over GWS, if they lose to the Bulldogs at Etihad and Geelong at Skilled they most probably will drop out of the top 4.

GWS are awful. They were pitiful against Richmond today and their record over the last month or so is poor. They'll be lucky to stay in the top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS are awful. They were pitiful against Richmond today and their record over the last month or so is poor. They'll be lucky to stay in the top 4.

If GWS' form slump continues they could drop to 4th or potentially drop out of the 4 altogether.

At this point only us and Geelong are safe inside the top 4.

I have Geelong as safe because even though they have a tough run home their 3 toughest games (Sydney, Richmond, GWS) are at Skilled.

If GWS' form slump continues they could drop to 4th or potentially drop out of the 4 altogether.

I have Geelong as safe because even though they have a tough run home their 3 toughest games (Sydney, Richmond, GWS) are at Skilled.
GWS have only won 1 game of their last 6... along with 2x draws... but have slid from a hold on top spot to looking shaky to remain top 4.

Imo, Sydney could win 4/5, giving them 3rd spot, but they have a tough run home.

GWS need to start getting players back & Green being suspended again for stupidity won't help...

The Coaching award seems more like a coaching 'rising star'. It's usually given to whatever coach moves their team further up the ladder compared to the previous year.

I hope Richmond finish 4th and we finish top. That would be the best QF match-up we could ask for.

I don't think any team is safe in the top 4 just yet.

The Crows are in a great position, 3 games ahead of Port, who are 5th, with 5 games to go. However, stranger things have happened and I'd prefer the team didn't get ahead of themselves.

Campbell Brown a little slow on the uptake? Probably better to mention this back in 2015, not when the Hawks are going to miss the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back