2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately Rowie and Bicks now finishes at 6pm (right in the middle of when I am driving home from work) and my Port supporting wife likes to listen to Kane Cornes so I don't have much choice.

It really is a god awful program and Ben Hart is equally as terrible as well, he's about as exciting as a wet fart.

The simple solution is to get a divorce... Just saying....

I think we're underselling Port supporters here. Teams in the top 5 and they're not turning up. Clearly they can see it's all smoke and mirrors too.

A friend of mine whose a Port supporter really doesn't rate them at all. He keeps mentioning how much the crowds are starting to die down and has an image of himself sitting alone on the Port shuttle bus on the way to one of Port's home games. Maybe all the bandwagoners are finally starting to jump off.

Last edited:

Kochie has sold the PAFC hook, line and sinker into the allure of using cheap marketing gimmicks as a way to promote to club.

Their first instinct now when things are going south is to look at what gimmick they can use to deflect from the poor crowds
FTFY

Unfortunately Rowie and Bicks now finishes at 6pm (right in the middle of when I am driving home from work) and my Port supporting wife likes to listen to Kane Cornes so I don't have much choice.

It really is a god awful program and Ben Hart is equally as terrible as well, he's about as exciting as a wet fart.
I think you are vastly under rating how entertaining wet farts are to be perfectly frank.

I get the feeling it's Kane's show and Hart is the support, in the same manner that Rowie is the headline act and Bicks seems to have to hold his tongue from time to time.

That's what I thought as well, looks like you either have to be Victorian or coaching a Victorian side to get votes. There is no relational explanation at all why Pyke is not on that list and when you consider that Buckley is on there it just totally turns that whole award into a complete farce. We all need to start calling this type of s**t out
It's a dumb award. Usually they say "well the team that wins the premiership has the best coach" unless it doesn't fit the agenda.

The worst ones are the ones where they think a coach has outperformed expectations ...think about that. The people who generated the expectations, and got it wrong - then award the best coach gong to the person they were the most wrong about. Hilarious.

I'm sure Clarko will look back at his career and lament his lack of "Coach of the Year" awards :rolleyes:

From the other board, apparently there's an AFL conspiracy to give Adelaide home ground advantage umpiring, but to "even it up" and make other sides think they can win at Adelaide Oval they disadvantage Port on umpiring :drunk:
The human mind can do wonderful things....

And they walk amongst us...

I get stuck in the car with husband that time of night sometimes who has the ability to just laugh at them !

Kochie has sold the PAFC hook, line and sinker into the allure of using cheap marketing gimmicks as a way to promote to club.

Their first instinct now when things are going south is to look at what gimmick they can use to try and get the crowds back.
Talking to a port supporter yesterday " but look what Kochie has done for the club !"

They just don't see the ulterior and self serving interest in the way Koch has used his position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a dumb award. Usually they say "well the team that wins the premiership has the best coach" unless it doesn't fit the agenda.

The worst ones are the ones where they think a coach has outperformed expectations ...think about that. The people who generated the expectations, and got it wrong - then award the best coach gong to the person they were the most wrong about. Hilarious.

I'm sure Clarko will look back at his career and lament his lack of "Coach of the Year" awards :rolleyes:
Just putting a guy who has his team first is pretty boring. Gotta start generating some wild ideas for why a whole group of people could/should win it to keep it "interesting".

Blight was never named coach of the AA team either in 97 or 98, which is why they dropped it from there and just named the premiership coach as the coach after the season had ended. Then in 2003 the AFLCA started their awards, which is voted on by their peers - http://www.aflca.com.au/index.php?id=8 Interestingly Clarkson and never won one there!

There was one against North in the last where he dived and got a free, then he tried it again and didn't. Instead of getting up and competing he lay there complaining.
44e706c82a96c8cb58e8083e309e8af1.gif

Feel so happy, I fixed up this Geelong arsehole after he called us a plastic franchise with this

What arsehole Victorian supporters like you seem to forget is how us non Victorian teams saved your s**t hole VFL from shutting down, look back at 1986 and read the stories of how close it came but
1987- West coast and the Brisbane bears entered
1991- Adelaide entered
1995- Fremantle entered
1997- Port Adelaide enterd

There were a total of seven clubs as quoted in an article "on their financial knees" and guess what? One of them teams were GEELONG

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...fl-came-to-shutting-down-20160408-go1x0m.html

So your club and all victorian clubs should be licking our asses for saving your beloved VFL

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

From the other board, apparently there's an AFL conspiracy to give Adelaide home ground advantage umpiring, but to "even it up" and make other sides think they can win at Adelaide Oval they disadvantage Port on umpiring :drunk:
I see what you did there. ;)

Feel so happy, I fixed up this Geelong arsehole after he called us a plastic franchise with this

What arsehole Victorian supporters like you seem to forget is how us non Victorian teams saved your s**t hole VFL from shutting down, look back at 1986 and read the stories of how close it came but
1987- West coast and the Brisbane bears entered
1991- Adelaide entered
1995- Fremantle entered
1997- Port Adelaide enterd

There were a total of seven clubs as quoted in an article "on their financial knees" and guess what? One of them teams were GEELONG

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...fl-came-to-shutting-down-20160408-go1x0m.html

So your club and all victorian clubs should be licking our asses for saving your beloved VFL

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
lol :) Keep this image for future use ...
insolvent.jpg

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back