2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, this from AFL Tables
JAEyUxv.jpg

Basically the last 20 years at Etihad

Is the differential for the W/L at this ground, any different to the differential W/L for the good and bad teams of this 20 year era?

All the teams that have won premierships in the last 20 years did well here. All the teams that sucked did not.

Maybe the ground has no effect.

Was listening to the Crowcast and had a good chuckle about how Port may be in for a long, painful downward spiral. Made me think about the big picture.

Port's last 12 seasons:
2006 - Finished 12th. Rabble.
2007 - Utterly embarrassed in grand final
2008 - Finished 13th. Rabble.
2009 - Finished 10th. Rabble.
2010 - Tarp era. Rabble.
2011 - Tarp era. Rabble.
2012 - Tarp era. Rabble.
2013 - Make the eight and win a final
2014 - Make the eight and lose prelim narrowly
2015 - Rabble.
2016 - Rabble.
2017 - Biggest flat track bullies in AFL. Embarrassed during finals?

:)

I was watching League Teams last night and they were doing the Collingwood Port Game and they showed the weight of Ports midfielders compared to Adelaide's.

I think I can see why we outworked and outrun Port.

Ollie wines 97Kg (NINETY SEVEN for a midfielder!!!!)
Brad Ebert 89Kg
Travis Boak 85Kg
Robbie Gray 87Kg

Brad Crouch 88Kg
Rory Sloane 79Kg
Richard Douglas 80Kg
Matt Crouch 78Kg

Is it me or are they all 5Kegs overweight? That must have an affect on their running capacity.

Wines is going to slow up really quick the older he gets. Should they look at turning him into a medium sized forward now and move Gray back into the middle? SPP is also over 90kgs Same height as dusty but 3kgs heavier. I think it's clear they hit the weights a bit too much. I remember when Robert Shaw made Roo hit the weights hard in 95 and 96. He would have been identical to what Wines is now. Blight made him lose all that weight and that was in a time of when players were no where near as fit and as fast as they need to be now. Bottom line is SPP and Wines need to slim down or they will simply be caught out by the speed of the play.

Is the differential for the W/L at this ground, any different to the differential W/L for the good and bad teams of this 20 year era?
Interesting point. I just had a quick look and it appears that Docklands isn't the Bombers favourite venue. They have done better at other grounds during that period. But really, these type of stats are nothing but that,.. stats.

Going into that game, our CP differential was only +3.1, which would put us in 9th spot on this list. Funnily enough, Port was +6.5 going into the game, so their loss was definitely our gain! :D

Edit: I should add that Essendon are clearly a lot worse in terms of CP differential and Merrett (who is suspended) is their 2nd best contested possession winner, so I expect us to do very well in that area against Essendon.
That would've only got us back to where we were two weeks ago since we lost by 50 against the Pies!

the players need a good coach full stop, and that was never going to be bloody Eade. Wasn't he appointed the same year and before we and Essendon hired Pyke and Worsfold respectively? It was a short-sighted, lazy appointment.

Spot on about Eade, he made a grand final in one of the softest years of all time. He then failed several more times with the Western Bulldogs and there were so many elite talents out there including Phil Walsh (appointed 2014). This is why the AFL got rid of all those idiots who were running the club and the culture into the ground and replaced it with their puppet a decent administrator, Mark Evans.

The issue is that you can ruin your coaching career pretty easily with Gold Coast. The list management has been absolutely horrid, with very few of their draft picks being put to good use. Gary Ablett stifled their development as he is a selfish and introverted player with no emotional investment in the health of the club.

Everything GWS did well early, Gold Coast did the opposite. They picked up tough, rough around edges kids who had some mongrel, they got in older heart and soul players (like Brogan and Cornes) who taught the kids how to go about their footy but didn't rack up 47 touches while being destroyed by 20 goals.

I don't envy the guy going up there to that dumpster fire.

Wines is going to slow up really quick the older he gets. Should they look at turning him into a medium sized forward now and move Gray back into the middle? SPP is also over 90kgs Same height as dusty but 3kgs heavier. I think it's clear they hit the weights a bit too much. I remember when Robert Shaw made Roo hit the weights hard in 95 and 96. He would have been identical to what Wines is now. Blight made him lose all that weight and that was in a time of when players were no where near as fit and as fast as they need to be now. Bottom line is SPP and Wines need to slim down or they will simply be caught out by the speed of the play.

Blights instructions to Roo in late 96: Run. It worked.

Was listening to the Crowcast and had a good chuckle about how Port may be in for a long, painful downward spiral. Made me think about the big picture.

Port's last 12 seasons:
2006 - Finished 12th. Rabble.
2007 - Utterly embarrassed in grand final
2008 - Finished 13th. Rabble.
2009 - Finished 10th. Rabble.
2010 - Tarp era. Rabble.
2011 - Tarp era. Rabble.
2012 - Tarp era. Rabble.
2013 - Make the eight and win a final
2014 - Make the eight and lose prelim narrowly
2015 - Rabble.
2016 - Rabble.
2017 - Biggest flat track bullies in AFL. Embarrassed during finals?

:)

I wish we were more like Port. I had a good look at their wins and losses since 2005 and with a record of 127 wins and 154 losses is hard to go past as sensational, no wonder Rucci raves about them. The mediocre soulless Crows have only managed to win 169 games in that same period. Bunch of loses. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like Johnny Butcher:drunk:

Wines had better hope they have a new goal kicking coach down there.

Butcher never improved his technique. Which is a shocking sign of the calibre of Ports coaching panel. Especially since they had the player with best kicking technique since Scott Hodges I have ever seen. However if Butcher refused to change or half arse his kicking training it's no wonder he isn't up forward for Port right now.

that's always bugged me, he doesn't understand what sliding doors means

yours is a sliding door moment, you do a better job than barrett
Has anybody tweeted him that he doesn't understand the concept or is too lazy to get it right for every statement.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Remember part way through the early bit of the season Hinkley was saying how they've been working between the ears with the best psychologist's in the business which is one of the reasons they are playing so well?
Looks like they have done all, if they were so good they'd be able to beat a top 8 side.

Remember part way through the early bit of the season Hinkley was saying how they've been working between the ears with the best psychologist's in the business which is one of the reasons they are playing so well?
Looks like they have done all, if they were so good they'd be able to beat a top 8 side.

They're just not very good, an average team probably have played to their potential and with a soft draw it gets them in the 8

this was one of ports psychologist's sessions

simpsons.jpg

The calibre of anyone and anything associated with Port is always taken to such ridiculous extremes.

Nothing is ever good or really good, it always has the be the best, world ******* leading bullshit.

Like when their racist fan was to go through their 'industry leading' indigenous culture program. Like there's some sort of independent rating of that type of thing.

It's Trump-like.

"We've been working with sports psychologists, great psychologists they are, the best psychologists in the world!"

Continued in Part IV
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...discussion-thread-part-iv-a-new-hope.1173913/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back