2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What u sayin? I made a quick comment cause i had to go to work, i explained why now i have had the time. I wasnt trying to be cheap or fun.
Anyway if it was the usual in jest type comment forget what i just said. :)
Its been a long day.

Nah was joking about myself, not you, didn't mean to offend

Probably been said but what in God's name are those awful shirt things Geelong are wearing??

Probably been said but what in God's name are those awful shirt things Geelong are wearing??
If I'd seen those guernseys earlier I wouldn't have felt so bad about the small yellow patches on our collars

I forgot how painful these commentators are.

Dermie is a pain in the arse.

Dwayne "you would think in a real game Danger wouldn't kick it to a 50-50" yeah right
Well he's not wrong. In a real game Danger usually has a preference to kick it directly to the opposition.

Do it mate better the money in your pocket

Absolutely, they'd have horrendous fixed costs with their infrastructure, and massive competition from Smart TVs that can carry Netflix

To put it another way, what has Murdoch ever done for you?

Absolutely, they'd have horrendous fixed costs with their infrastructure, and massive competition from Smart TVs that can carry Netflix

To put it another way, what has Murdoch ever done for you?
My telstra shares don't like this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like with Jimmy Hird? ;)
QONVIyz.gif

I think they got off lightly. The ban should have been longer and the entire Club not just the 34 concerned. They should have been made to stand out given this wasnt just an individual looking to rort the system.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The AFL are to blame for this travesty. They couldn't sweep this under the carpet quick enough. After they applied their own half assed sanctions through their own system the world body was forced to move the appeal to a less biased courtroom. This is when the truth about the players innocence was exposed. The AFL had us believe it was only a few individuals to blame. The problem stemmed from a systemic flaw in club culture which the AFL refused to acknowledge.
The AFLs reluctance to treat anything drug related seriously is the major factor in Essendons lighter than deserved punishment.

The AFL are to blame for this travesty. They couldn't sweep this under the carpet quick enough. After they applied their own half assed sanctions through their own system the world body was forced to move the appeal to a less biased courtroom. This is when the truth about the players innocence was exposed. The AFL had us believe it was only a few individuals to blame. The problem stemmed from a systemic flaw in club culture which the AFL refused to acknowledge.
The AFLs reluctance to treat anything drug related seriously is the major factor in Essendons lighter than deserved punishment.

I'm still waiting for the AFL to punish Essendon for being found guilty by WADA, afterall we were told in no uncertain terms by the AFL and Essendon that the sanctions they received were NOT drug related they were for poor governance - not keeping the appropriate records.

I'm still waiting for the AFL to punish Essendon for being found guilty by WADA, afterall we were told in no uncertain terms by the AFL and Essendon that the sanctions they received were NOT drug related they were for poor governance - not keeping the appropriate records.
By ignoring the real problem and refusing to investigate the cause of the drug taking how do they know this will not happen again?
It was a case of some very powerful club people holding sway over some very young and inexperienced players who (except for a few) had little choice but to follow the group think. It clearly was a case of club culture out of control.
This has not been acknowledged or addressed by the AFL.

Has anybody seen this article yet?
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essend...lan-and-mike-fitzpatrick-20170215-gudpm7.html.
"Melbourne lawyer Jackson Taylor has lodged a writ against outgoing AFL chairman Mike Fitzpatrick and chief executive Gillon McLachlan, alleging acts of deceptive or misleading conduct during Essendon's supplements saga."
Can't see him getting far... but have no issue stirring up the AFL on their handling of the matter.

Ironical thing is the AFL tried their best to protect Essendon in the own deceptive way... but fortunately was taken out of their hands when they failed to be tough enough on Essendon.

Can't see him getting far... but have no issue stirring up the AFL on their handling of the matter.

Ironical thing is the AFL tried their best to protect Essendon in the own deceptive way... but fortunately was taken out of their hands when they failed to be tough enough on Essendon.
Yeah, is this crybaby also going to take out another writ against the AFL for setting up a farcical home court in order to brush it all aside and completely exonerate this lying scheming drug-taking football club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back