2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“This is another fantastic endorsement of our game in Shanghai,” Mr Thomas said.

“We’re very proud to be promoting not just the AFL and Australia’s Game, but Australian tourism as well.

“Our Open to the World campaign is generating significant interest from Australian business in China.

"Our pre-game Taste of Australia festival is the perfect place to promote everything that’s great about our country and Tourism Australia is a natural fit for that event."
Spin spin spin.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stop talking about China please , my pop-up ad is about '' come to make a friend with her''

:( not even kidding about the grammar

I keep getting a chick with a newel post up her clacker. :eek:

“This is another fantastic endorsement of our game in Shanghai,” Mr Thomas said.

“We’re very proud to be promoting not just the AFL and Australia’s Game, but Australian tourism as well.

“Our Open to the World campaign is generating significant interest from Australian business in China.

"Our pre-game Taste of Australia festival is the perfect place to promote everything that’s great about our country and Tourism Australia is a natural fit for that event."

The Gold Coast had 269,000 Chinese tourists for the year ending March 2016, a 32% increase on the previous year. Gold Coast tourism are expecting a 25% increase again in the next 12 months.

The pre game Taste of Australia tourism Festival at Gold Coasts home game in China, while they are wearing the Chinese national colours, is nothing but a huge win for the GCFC.

I went to an information evening at one of the Cairns high schools last night.
The languages offered are Japanese and Chinese.
No more French, Spanish, German as when I was at BPHS.
It's where it's at this century.

The Bulldogs will just 'fall' into high contact and get all the frees

It's always an issue when an umpire has to decide in a split second. As Walsh said when under pressure you revert to type.
"Bias" kicks in.

Looks like the Bulldogs will drop out of the 8 this year.

View attachment 339140
Its good that the umpires get the JLT series to get used to that rule change. There were several instances last weekend where the umpires instantly, and probably instinctively gave away free kicks for high contact when the contact was initiated by the player in possession. See if they are better this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Selwood retired?

Between him and Blicavs made redundant Paddy will have the entire month of September to spend with Mardi and his baby.

I now understand why he left us to spend more time with family.

Lets get it straight, Port are only interested in expanding into China to score sponsorships. Everything else about game development and world leading innovation is just spin and meaningless especially if it doesn't equate to more money or most importantly premierships and on field success. The fact they haven't scored anything other than mat sponsorships must be worrying and could be the underlying factor as to why Port are all of a sudden complaining about Gold Coast wearing a guernsey that is made up of the Chinese national colours. They are obviously worried about the long term ramifications as the Chinese public will want to watch Gold Coast. If the match only attracts 5% Chinese spectators and the rest ex pats and tourists, should that be the end to this nonsense?

Lets get it straight, Port are only interested in expanding into China to score sponsorships. Everything else about game development and world leading innovation is just spin and meaningless especially if it doesn't equate to more money or most importantly premierships and on field success. The fact they haven't scored anything other than mat sponsorships must be worrying and could be the underlying factor as to why Port are all of a sudden complaining about Gold Coast wearing a guernsey that is made up of the Chinese national colours. They are obviously worried about the long term ramifications as the Chinese public will want to watch Gold Coast. If the match only attracts 5% Chinese spectators and the rest ex pats and tourists, should that be the end to this nonsense?
No. Kochie is interested in Asian/Australian economics snd helping small businesses in Australia gain access to this msrket. Port Adelaide (or as he sees them the Harlem Globetrotters of the AFL) are a vehicle for this.

This is why our stste government are involved, as they should be. It is a good thing for our economy.

Any sponsorship they gain is incidental to this.

Will be an interesting thing to check both Power and the Suns after the Jina Game.

Well since China doesn't really use Twitter but Weibo you're gonna be hard pressed to find any increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back