2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 5AA sports show just ended and the next show was 'conversations with Cornsey'. So a senile old fool talks to himself and that's a show??? My god surely there are better things that could go on air?
Apparently Triple M has fallen into the toilet

500 grand for a sideshow bob looking spud

His management should be commended

Mayne isn't even the worst of it. At least he could still play games and maaaaaaybe contribute something once every 10 games.

But Daniel Wells for 3 years @ 500k. Now don't get me wrong, I love Wellsy and think he WAS an absolute jet of a footballer when fully fit.

But now? Turn the oven off and stick a fork in him Bucks, he's cooked. Cannot believe they recruited him for THREE YEARS when he can barely get on the park, at that price. What makes it even worse is that Pies are stocked to the brim with elite midfielders, as well as young and upcoming talent, so as to why the hell they felt they needed Wells too? God knows

Someone over there needs to lose their job over their off season recruiting.

Mayne isn't even the worst of it. At least he could still play games and maaaaaaybe contribute something once every 10 games.

But Daniel Wells for 3 years @ 500k. Now don't get me wrong, I love Wellsy and think he WAS an absolute jet of a footballer when fully fit.

But now? Turn the oven off and stick a fork in him Bucks, he's cooked. Cannot believe they recruited him for THREE YEARS when he can barely get on the park, at that price. What makes it even worse is that Pies are stocked to the brim with elite midfielders, as well as young and upcoming talent, so as to why the hell they felt they needed Wells too? God knows

Someone over there needs to lose their job over their off season recruiting.
I think the issue for Mayne was they needed goal scoring. Outside of Moore they got Jesse White and Jarryd Blair. Problem is, apart from from 12-13 where he suddenly became a dead eye dick and kicked 39 and 37 goals, he's averaged 19 goals a year since then. It's handy, but it's a cherry on top, Pies still don't have a sundae up forward.

Honestly the fact that collingwood would rather bolster the midfield with cooked free agents, rather than look at Key position defenders or forwards is going to go down as one of the great list management mysteries. Alongside the recruitment of the Toump, Dixon and Polec.

They essentially play with 1/3 of a team

Honestly the fact that collingwood would rather bolster the midfield with cooked free agents, rather than look at Key position defenders or forwards is going to go down as one of the great list management mysteries. Alongside the recruitment of the Toump, Dixon and Polec.

They essentially play with 1/3 of a team
They were already thin down back and let Brown and Frost go (not world beaters I know) and then replaced them with Lynden Dunn for peanuts so they could bring in their FA's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs playing Hollywood football. Arrogant little tap ons and low percentage options. A decent team would punish them.

Collingwood look like pus though. They need to stop recruiting players who can't kick for s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back