2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of those weeks where our win is going to get bugger all talk on 360. All about the ******* drug cheats' fairy tale, Port, and the mention of our game is about GWS not being good enough
Verbatim. Fair dinkum I'm hating watching that show now. Used to really enjoy it.

One of those weeks where our win is going to get bugger all talk on 360. All about the ******* drug cheats' fairy tale, Port, and the mention of our game is about GWS not being good enough
Saw that, the show is just one big wankfest

Article is great click bait.

Typical News ltd rubbish.

It is getting the reaction Kane's bosses want.

The kid has played his first game it was a ripper but lets not get sucked into this click bait.

BTW why didnt Port take him with their first pick?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Pretty much. Kane knows what he's doing by writing the article.

Port fans read it and love it, Crows fans read it and hate it and they'll all sit there in the comments page arguing about it and sharing it about on Facebook.

No not surprised at all, are you? I'll just leave this here.
View attachment 350627
View attachment 350628
Little Brother Syndrome:

When one person feels they have a rivalry with another far superior person. The superior person usually doesn't know about it or feel that the little brother is any kind of a threat. The little brother usually puts forth maximum effort in meaningless situations in order to get the feeling of a win over his rival.

You're an interesting fella mate, and passionate, which can be dangerous especially when misquoting and going off on tangents.

“Support them to the extent that it might aid them commercially but let’s not go chasing developing a new market where you might only be giving someone a game once every couple of years, it’s nothing but a sideshow I think.”

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...t/news-story/4c251de5c63c47ee69cea0bd2f31296c

If you have other quotes where he called your entire strategy a "sideshow" please post but it's pretty clear Fagan was talking about the ad-hoc games, which I know your mob have also been very critical of and why you have a whole "strategy".
Let's just agree to disagree. 'Developing a new market' refers to the big picture. Fagan first used 'sideshow' at a round-table forum that included KT. Your quote sounds like it may have come from that forum. It was taped with a link in the press and I listened to the tape twice to make sure I had it right. I then emailed KT and confirmed with him. Your CEO made a tactical mistake. I put it down to his inexperience at the time but he did us a big favour.

BTW your Faganesque condescension is noted. Your CEO prefaced his 'sideshow' comment with "This is not a knock on you, Keith..."

Last edited:
Including WA clubs where he's from. We had no need t recruit him and contrary to opinion, with Thommo, Crouches and Sloane, are okay with in and under mids.

We needed speed which is what Gooch has in spades.
Actually speed is not something we need more of. We need hard at it mids who can win their own ball.
If we had of drafted SPP and he played for us like he is for Pap, we would all be touching ourselves while saying how Hamish is a god.
At least be honest about it. We, along with other clubs, may end.up kicking ourselves over not taking him. Just like Port should be kicking themselves for passing over M Crouch for Gimpy.

Shhhh let them underestimate and ignore us

No not surprised at all, are you? I'll just leave this here.
View attachment 350627
View attachment 350628

Way too early for that. should have waited.
He performed exactly how they stated in the Pre-Draft assessment. there were no surprises to any that new about him.
"Powell-Pepper could play 22 AFL games next season and will make his team better. He plays with confidence and aggression, two characteristics that will instantly endear him to teammates and fans alike." And they were correct no surprises.
But they also said
"Powell-Pepper is renowned for his bash-and-crash style and often operates at a million miles an hour. As a result, he doesn't always stop to slow down and sum up the situation in front of him.
His kicking has also been questioned at times, although he was the only player to record a perfect score (30/30) in the goalkicking test at the NAB AFL Draft Combine."
And he proved them right in that area, His biggest problem is going to be decision-making, be prepare for him turning the ball over and placing his fellow player under pressure. in which SPP show several times in the JLT series and on Sat.
As I said way too early to make a call on him, He was good for Port as they needed players to get the ball to help out Wines
But the Crows are heading in a different direction we wanted players to get the ball at speed and Kick it to the right places. ie Kicking efficiency and speed of ball movement, we have been down the good player but cannot kick routine before it does not win you flags.

Actually speed is not something we need more of. We need hard at it mids who can win their own ball.
If we had of drafted SPP and he played for us like he is for Pap, we would all be touching ourselves while saying how Hamish is a god.
At least be honest about it. We, along with other clubs, may end.up kicking ourselves over not taking him. Just like Port should be kicking themselves for passing over M Crouch for Gimpy.
I was singing SPP's praises on the weekend, but it is way too early to say that the AFC made a McGregor/Pavlich type mistake.

SPP is clearly an outstanding pickup, but this one can only be judged once we see what type of player Gallucci ends up being.

I'll check back in 2018/2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow I remember those days when we were crying out for speed in the midfield. Shows how it can all change.

As far as the SPP v Speed debate, yeah it would be nice for a midfield bull roaming around. However I think we do have a tough midfield group. Crouch managed 15 contested possessions, Cameron 14 possessions etc providing toughness in the middle. I think we are balanced well between speed and in and under players. What I have been crying out for is a player who can be regarded as the icing on the cake. I think we have found 2, potentially 3 of these players. Atkins is an awesomely skillful midfielder with skill and poise under pressure and the other 2 players who can influence our midfield with some x factor and pace are Hampton and Menzel. Having said all that though, we did draft Poholke who could yet prove to be that sort of player in the long run.

With our Forward line, we need mids that can make good decision and are good kicks, ie get it in fast and accurate, Gooch has that ability in spades, I am happy with our selection and Like Milera let wait and see in 3-4 years who the better player is.

Pretty much. Kane knows what he's doing by writing the article.

Port fans read it and love it, Crows fans read it and hate it and they'll all sit there in the comments page arguing about it and sharing it about on Facebook.

Meh, why did Port Adelaide draft Butcher and Moore instead of Talia and Pittard instead of Gunstan. Works both ways. If we want to play this game, a comparison about where both lists are at should suffice as evidence as to which recruiting department I trust more.

I was singing SPP's praises on the weekend, but it is way too early to say that the AFC made a McGregor/Pavlich type mistake.

SPP is clearly an outstanding pickup, but this one can only be judged once we see what type of player Gallucci ends up being.

I tend to agree, early signs look good for SPP however time will be the true judge of any draft

I recall Hodge copped a bit of criticism in his early years and what a champion he turned out to be

Back to SPP he is physically ready to go now where other draftees may need anothwr season however that does not necessarily mean that over the journey that SPP will be the pick of the draft

There is a lot more water to go under the bridge before the SPP draft debate is settled

Let's just agree to disagree. 'Developing a new market' refers to the big picture. Fagan first used 'sideshow' at a round-table forum that included KT. Your quote sounds like it may have come from that forum. It was taped with a link in the press and I listened to the tape twice to make sure I had it right. I then emailed KT and confirmed with him. Your CEO made a tactical mistake. I put it down to his inexperience at the time but he did us a big favour.

BTW your Faganesque condescension is noted. Your CEO prefaced his 'sideshow' comment with "This is not a knock on you, Keith..."
Take it as you like, I thought I was being kind to you. If you take that as condescension then so be it, but point stands you've been very vocal about others views on China and denigrating them.

We don't have to be respectful of your China strategy. Fagan was asked a question and answered it honestly. If you and KT don't like that, that's your issue.

Of course, which is why I said "may".
But as it stands Poort might have got a cracker in SPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back