2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, which is why I said "may".
But as it stands Poort might have got a cracker in SPP.
There's no "may". They have got a cracker. He's a seriously good footy player, well done to them.

I'm only saying, unfair to compare Gallucci and SPP until a few years from now as different people take different time to develop.

Take it as you like, I thought I was being kind to you. If you take that as condescension then so be it, but point stands you've been very vocal about others views on China and denigrating them.

We don't have to be respectful of your China strategy. Fagan was asked a question and answered it honestly. If you and KT don't like that, that's your issue.
It wasn't an issue, it was motivation.

I tend to agree, early signs look good for SPP however time will be the true judge of any draft

I recall Hodge copped a bit of criticism in his early years and what a champion he turned out to be

Back to SPP he is physically ready to go now where other draftees may need anothwr season however that does not necessarily mean that over the journey that SPP will be the pick of the draft

There is a lot more water to go under the bridge before the SPP draft debate is settled

You also draft to your list needs which is a variable as the Crows may have taken SPP any other year but wanted to go in this direction instead. Regardless of how Gallucci performs long term its an unfair comparison as his role may simply not be the same as the way Port use SPP.

It wasn't an issue, it was motivation.
PS - I'll leave you with these words.

“Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”- Lao Tzu

Ironic I suppose given your favorite guernsey. Consider the keys to those bars to be swinging around the belt loop of Fagan.

Seriously. We smashed the premiership favourite on the weekend and yet it's a "sneeze and you'll miss it" mention on the footy shows so far. Only watched VFL360 and Talking Footy so far. I expect a little bit better from On the Couch, but I know Footy Classified will let me down.

For the record, I am aware that Talking Footy is a trash Victorian wankfest and I'll drop it like usual in a week or two, but I've got the Round 1 insatiable appetite at the moment.

You just know if any Vic team had smashed GWS like that, it would be the headliner everywhere.

Expected. Unsurprising. Still gives me the shits.

Ahhh Kane never change.

Well the lad played a blinder no doubts about that. I wasn't too unhappy with our young mids either it must be said.

Actually speed is not something we need more of. We need hard at it mids who can win their own ball.
If we had of drafted SPP and he played for us like he is for Pap, we would all be touching ourselves while saying how Hamish is a god.
At least be honest about it. We, along with other clubs, may end.up kicking ourselves over not taking him. Just like Port should be kicking themselves for passing over M Crouch for Gimpy.

Nah, we need class. This kid is a blunt object. The first time he turns the ball over five time in a quarter we'd be hanging him out to dry.

We need a Bryce Gibbs, not a Byron Pickett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just agree to disagree. 'Developing a new market' refers to the big picture. Fagan first used 'sideshow' at a round-table forum that included KT. Your quote sounds like it may have come from that forum. It was taped with a link in the press and I listened to the tape twice to make sure I had it right. I then emailed KT and confirmed with him. Your CEO made a tactical mistake. I put it down to his inexperience at the time but he did us a big favour.

BTW your Faganesque condescension is noted. Your CEO prefaced his 'sideshow' comment with "This is not a knock on you, Keith..."

Let's be serious, you can't really believe you're developing a new market?

That's dumb arsed spin for the masses. You don't think that and I'm sure KT doesn't either

Your CEO made a tactical mistake. I put it down to his inexperience at the time but he did us a big favour.

Bwa ha ha ha ha. A tactical mistake? Because Fagan was in a tactical war against...who? Port? China?...Why? What tactics should he have been employing in this fantasy? I don't think he had to dream up a tactic to outmanoeuvre anyone he wasn't even aware he was in a contest against. Was he trying to get Crows to China?

And you put it down to his inexperience do you? He didn't use the right tactic for an imaginary foe in an imaginary contest against...whom again?...because of his inexperience, and it did you a big favour, because KT went all Mr Furious and got motivated by it.

I hear Ben Stiller will be sueing for being impersonated.

Holy Mystery Men. And here I was thinking you were a rare sage, an anomaly on the Port board, but that's just embarrassing.

Last edited:
Jabba the Hut (Craig hutchinson) on Footy Classified: "None of the Crows midfielders played any preseason."

giphy.gif

How this guy is on television is still beyond me.

I said some of you would be interested in what I have to say if indeed it is China Southern Airlines. I sure as hell didn't include you in 'some'.
Yes please . Background is good, thanks.

Jabba the Hut (Craig hutchinson) on Footy Classified: "None of the Crows midfielders played any preseason."

giphy.gif

ha ha, so was he saying that with incredulity because our unheralded mids matched one of the best units in the comp? Or was he just being a silly arse?

Way too early for that. should have waited.
He performed exactly how they stated in the Pre-Draft assessment. there were no surprises to any that new about him.
"Powell-Pepper could play 22 AFL games next season and will make his team better. He plays with confidence and aggression, two characteristics that will instantly endear him to teammates and fans alike." And they were correct no surprises.
But they also said
"Powell-Pepper is renowned for his bash-and-crash style and often operates at a million miles an hour. As a result, he doesn't always stop to slow down and sum up the situation in front of him.
His kicking has also been questioned at times, although he was the only player to record a perfect score (30/30) in the goalkicking test at the NAB AFL Draft Combine."
And he proved them right in that area, His biggest problem is going to be decision-making, be prepare for him turning the ball over and placing his fellow player under pressure. in which SPP show several times in the JLT series and on Sat.
As I said way too early to make a call on him, He was good for Port as they needed players to get the ball to help out Wines
But the Crows are heading in a different direction we wanted players to get the ball at speed and Kick it to the right places. ie Kicking efficiency and speed of ball movement, we have been down the good player but cannot kick routine before it does not win you flags.
Twas just proving my point that's all. Having said that, like any new young players starting AFL. It's up to the coaches to mould them into the right direction too better understand their advantages as their career goes on. Sure he's gonna make mistakes being the type player he is.
Liken too Dangerfield who rarely gets through a game without missing a few targets, but can be a match winner on the same day.
You guys will have a good season if you can keep up your current game style. Which I think may be hard to abstain over the whole season, though you should still play finals... Now I'll leave you guys to it, continuing to whinge all things Port, China and Kochie.
Cheers.

ha ha, so was he saying that with incredulity because our unheralded mids matched one of the best units in the comp? Or was he just being a silly arse?
To be honest, I have no idea. He slipped it out just as they transitioned to the next segment.

I'm 99% sure that's what he said, happy to be corrected. I have no idea what he was getting at.

He also said that Pies fans booing of Cloke was good natured and in good fun.

He's a fat, oxygen-wasting boil on the arse of the footy industry.

In my opinion, of course.

Twas just proving my point that's all. Having said that, like any new young players starting AFL. It's up to the coaches to mould them into the right direction too better understand their advantages as their career goes on. Sure he's gonna make mistakes being the type player he is.
Liken too Dangerfield who rarely gets through a game without missing a few targets, but can be a match winner on the same day.
You guys will have a good season if you can keep up your current game style. Which I think may be hard to abstain over the whole season, though you should still play finals... Now I'll leave you guys to it, continuing to whinge all things Port, China and Kochie.
Cheers.

Dangerfield also has explosive speed, power and pace and has since day 1. I don't see those some unique properties in your bloke.

giphy.gif

perhaps he means Sloane, Brad, Thompson - three of our top 4 last year (in terms of games played at least, we all know the score with Thommo)?

I don't know why I'm defending him, but that wouldn't be too crazy.

Which I think may be hard to abstain over the whole season, though you should still play finals... Now I'll leave you guys to it, continuing to whinge all things Port, China and Kochie.
Cheers.
No way I am doing that. Leave that to Seinfeld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back