2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man I just read that the AFL will be removing its free match replays next year, going for paid mediums instead. That's a bit shitty imo. I mean, the quality and video player of their smart-replay was garbage anyway (nice how it could take you straight to goals, points, frees etc, however). If they are going to add it to their live pass I would love if they did full-HD match replays. Heck straight-HD live streams would be nice as well. Probably going to need a live pass this year anyway, probably still like 5-7 home games delayed by 30-90 minutes right? I mean....you gotta show the news and then Discover SA then out of the blue before we wanna watch the footy right?
AFL can GAGF.

Man I just read that the AFL will be removing its free match replays next year, going for paid mediums instead. That's a bit shitty imo. I mean, the quality and video player of their smart-replay was garbage anyway (nice how it could take you straight to goals, points, frees etc, however). If they are going to add it to their live pass I would love if they did full-HD match replays. Heck straight-HD live streams would be nice as well. Probably going to need a live pass this year anyway, probably still like 5-7 home games delayed by 30-90 minutes right? I mean....you gotta show the news and then Discover SA then out of the blue before we wanna watch the footy right?
I had the pass last year and whenever I watched a game it would pause and skip for the first half before slowly coming good. It was painful. I think I'm going to be watching a lot less football next season.

I thought they were paid already?

At the Boxing Day Test Match, ended up chatting to Stewy Lowe for a lot of the day. Top bloke, loves the Crows, watches the Crows a lot as close to Lynch.
At least you are in safe hands if a 6 is hit into the crowd...

Told us some interesting stories especially about Blighty, when I have time will relay.

Got to say though, genuinely a top bloke.
Did you tell him he pronounces his name incorrectly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had the pass last year and whenever I watched a game it would pause and skip for the first half before slowly coming good. It was painful. I think I'm going to be watching a lot less football next season.

Get the basic Foxtel with the sports package...cheapest way to go and you get to watch all the games.

Get the basic Foxtel with the sports package...cheapest way to go and you get to watch all the games.
Got home today, and there's a letter from Foxtel advising that as from FEB my sports package will increase by $4 per month ......now that's ok, but why the F....k do i need to get that crap basic package to get the sports pack .......just give me the Sports Packs ....but then everyone would do what i want to, and Foxtel would lose a lot of revenue

Just waiting for Foxtel to say, to have the Sports Pack, you'll also need the basic and movies pack :rolleyes:

Got home today, and there's a letter from Foxtel advising that as from FEB my sports package will increase by $4 per month ......now that's ok, but why the F....k do i need to get that crap basic package to get the sports pack .......just give me the Sports Packs ....but then everyone would do what i want to, and Foxtel would lose a lot of revenue

Just waiting for Foxtel to say, to have the Sports Pack, you'll also need the basic and movies pack :rolleyes:

I recon if you could just get the sports pack they would get heaps more takers.
I would likely get it. But I'm also scared off by all the ads. That's what I like about Netflix.

I think you have to take the basic and add the Sports package. I'm with you I would gladly just have the sports pack but they won't let you as far as I know. After all, it is effing Telstra.

Ditto

Like mistylake I believe 500,000 would get a stand alone Sports Pack while I suggest only 100,000 have the sports+basic*

*very rubbery figures but the ratio would be right.
Most people have Foxtel for the Sports .....if you could choose Sports only, they could not fund the other channels .....the reality is that when you choose Sports it's actually $25 (basic) plus $29 (sports) ....allowing us to choose sport only would almost halve the revenue for a majority of users

However levering packages you don't want (basic) also allows Foxtel to have hidden increases, like increasing the basic package cost, by somehow adding a channel or two and justifying it that way

Right now, they increase my cost by $4 (16% increase) .....and at the same time they discontinue the TCM channel

So lets relate this to the Players push for a fixed % of revenue, given they think they put the show on ?? ......i said, would supporters pay an additional $10 on their memberships to give the players their increase ? ......well I'm contributing an extra $4 per month to the new AFL rights compensation fund

Last edited:
I recon if you could just get the sports pack they would get heaps more takers.
I would likely get it. But I'm also scared off by all the ads. That's what I like about Netflix.
Foxtel only survives now on sport .....it's the only weapon it has against Netflix, Stan & Co

Lose sport and Foxtel dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back