2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me while i rant

That is the ******* stupidest thing I've read today, and I start my day reading the Drudge Report

So you need to be in Victoria. Because it's the AFL. Right. You want social media? Like, the internet? JHC you can tweet stuff about stuff from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. Having now read the ad, i see that some of the "shifts" can be done from AFL House. Yup, that's the way, social media from behind a desk.

Hank93 would be perfect for this role. Actually on reflection, I've met him in real life and he's intelligent and has integrity, so he probably wouldn't fit in.
the thing is I'm sure they don't just want someone to tweet out news updates, they want someone there taking photos for posts, or manning snapchat like the Crows have been doing for some time now... you need boots on the ground, when all the big announcements are made at AFL House and half the games each week are played in Melbourne its obvious why the person needs to be there.

you could however make a case for having one casual in each state to cover off local news, but why hire 5 people when you could just hire one and still cover more than half the news?

good point on the last line though, if I had that job before the Essendon saga I would have been sacked within a day I reckon.

Excuse me while i rant

That is the ******* stupidest thing I've read today, and I start my day reading the Drudge Report

So you need to be in Victoria. Because it's the AFL. Right. You want social media? Like, the internet? JHC you can tweet stuff about stuff from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. Having now read the ad, i see that some of the "shifts" can be done from AFL House. Yup, that's the way, social media from behind a desk.

Hank93 would be perfect for this role. Actually on reflection, I've met him in real life and he's intelligent and has integrity, so he probably wouldn't fit in.

I follow https://www.instagram.com/annefed/?hl=en on instagram who has a similar job during the season and she seems to be in the change rooms after most games and on the field taking photos and videos of the players with her phone to post to instagram, twitter, snapchat. If it's the same type of job then they would need them to be in melbourne as it would allow them to attend more games without flights.

the thing is I'm sure they don't just want someone to tweet out news updates, they want someone there taking photos for posts, or manning snapchat like the Crows have been doing for some time now... you need boots on the ground, when all the big announcements are made at AFL House and half the games each week are played in Melbourne its obvious why the person needs to be there.

you could however make a case for having one casual in each state to cover off local news, but why hire 5 people when you could just hire one and still cover more than half the news?

good point on the last line though, if I had that job before the Essendon saga I would have been sacked within a day I reckon.

I follow https://www.instagram.com/annefed/?hl=en on instagram who has a similar job during the season and she seems to be in the change rooms after most games and on the field taking photos and videos of the players with her phone to post to instagram, twitter, snapchat. If it's the same type of job then they would need them to be in melbourne as it would allow them to attend more games without flights.

I didn't say it would be an intelligent rant

Just reminds me how we got shafter when the league was set up... thanks Pork Power Est 1996

I was back from the UK for a couple of weeks and I got to watch this game before I had to head back to the UK and the awful AFL radio option as the only way to listen to games live. That goal was just so insane on his non-preferred.
When I first went over, i had to get up early to watch the "live stats" updating on my computer....

Has this been the worst AFL administration in history? I thought Fat Andy was bad but Gil is a complete dill.
More cloak and daggers than a peaky blinders episode.
Can Gil be impeached too?

Fat Andy was more a corrupt terrible, whereas Gil is more an incompetent terrible

Fat Andy was more a corrupt terrible, whereas Gil is more an incompetent terrible
You know the interview selection was a farce when they have appointed a complete dumb arse as CEO.

He is a figurehead incapable of making a decision, so it must be others behind the scene who are actually running the AFL.

It's hard to take them seriously...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back