2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But $50 per month, is not HD, it's standard definition ?
Nah, that's HD. Plus you get all the other sports channels. At least I can watch the golf majors in TV .

Just threaten to leave after the first month and they offer a much better deal. I think mine is currently $51 per month with HD sports and all movie channels.

Nah, that's HD. Plus you get all the other sports channels. At least I can watch the golf majors in TV .

Just threaten to leave after the first month and they offer a much better deal. I think mine is currently $51 per month with HD sports and all movie channels.
When i had Foxtel i did this for 9 months until they said they can't do that price anymore to which i replied "you're not doing it at a loss otherwise i wouldn't get this rate, if you can't give it to me for that transfer to disconnections please" that was 4 years ago.
Much better off with freeview plus and netflix + AFL live which I'm happy to watch on the ipad

When i had Foxtel i did this for 9 months until they said they can't do that price anymore to which i replied "you're not doing it at a loss otherwise i wouldn't get this rate, if you can't give it to me for that transfer to disconnections please" that was 4 years ago.
Much better off with freeview plus and netflix + AFL live which I'm happy to watch on the ipad
I can't stand AFL on a mobile device, or the crappy SD version you can mirror onto the TV.

Netflix isn't bad, but I just don't watch that much TV outside of sport.

The documentaries and TV shows I can get through Apple TV (iTunes and freeview) are enough for me... I very rarely watch a movie on Fox. Only when one of the classic or world movies really interest me.

I can't stand AFL on a mobile device, or the crappy SD version you can mirror onto the TV.

Netflix isn't bad, but I just don't watch that much TV outside of sport.

The documentaries and TV shows I can get through Apple TV (iTunes and freeview) are enough for me... I very rarely watch a movie on Fox. Only when one of the classic or world movies really interest me.

Yeah ..... "World Movies" ;)

Sure it's not their compression algorithm? Get Gill to give these blokes a call.

View attachment 323597
The compression algorithm when they solve the file size issue at the end of season one with TJ is pretty funny.:):straining: I can plaster your house, I'll add paint if you want.:thumbsu:

The compression algorithm when they solve the file size issue at the end of season one with TJ is pretty funny.:):straining: I can plaster your house, I'll add paint if you want.:thumbsu:

This is embarrassing, but while I've seen a lot of episodes, I've also missed many. So I've downloaded season 1 and not watching anything newer until I've worked my way through in order. It's too good a show to not watch it in order.

Every AFL game live and in HD with no ads!
Here, take my money!!!!
How any footy fan can not fork out the bucks for that is beyond me. Its about $13 a week. I can assure you I get my moneys worth.
I'm sure people here would spend that much on coffee in a day and not even bat an eyelid.
:$

Sorry guys, but $50 a month for all games in HD is fine with me.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I pay $120 a month for 500GB data, Foxtel and a home line.... Pretty good deal all round really

Here, take my money!!!!
How any footy fan can not fork out the bucks for that is beyond me. Its about $13 a week. I can assure you I get my moneys worth.
I'm sure people here would spend that much on coffee in a day and not even bat an eyelid.

This. I hate ads during the footy now. Can't go back. When living in WA, the games would be delayed on a Friday night (on the old TV deal), so they wouldn't start until 8:30.... meaning by the time we were watching, they were nearly over! Yuck

I hate the fact that i have to have ads in the biggest game of each year though..... bugs me no end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see an issue with ads after goals, its not like you miss much. That said, I have foxtel and really enjoy it even with the increasing number of ads on every channel.

What annoys me though is people having to pay to watch sport. I've read some say 'oh it's not that much'. Rubbish, its $80 a month for us which is ridiculous for TV.

I don't see an issue with ads after goals, its not like you miss much. That said, I have foxtel and really enjoy it even with the increasing number of ads on every channel.

What annoys me though is people having to pay to watch sport. I've read some say 'oh it's not that much'. Rubbish, its $80 a month for us which is ridiculous for TV.
But the players deserve to be paid their $700K plus salaries because they put on the show :rolleyes: ......so it's only fair then that you pony up more & more $$$$

Are you telling the truth about the above? I'm thinking of dumping Foxtel but I would take that package if it was offered to me.
You wouldn't mind confirming it? Would you?

Here, take my money!!!!
How about a footy fan who would only have the time to watch the crows game and maybe 1 other in a week? That's $650+ a year for that. I agree, if you have the time to watch every game and are not really poor, it's probably good value.

I keep Foxtel because it's an easy way to record (on cable so I get free to air on Foxtel) I can record when I'm out, it's such a simple system, wouldn't be without it.
And for the footy, V8's and F1's.
As well as being able to watch shows/footy on my phone or Ipad.

Last edited:
I watch at the pub.
Hope they don't up the price of beer to cover the rise.

That reminds me do they still regulate the cost of a schooner of beer in S.A. ?

All these hipsters just drink pints now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back