2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the cost of a coffee a day?
I am retired and pay bugger all for my coffee, using an ex-coffee machine brought thru Evans and Clarke, and Beans I get once a month when I shop at the markets in Adelaide, Also because I am old I am still OK with using a thermos when going out for long periods,
But I will not pay the money to watch AFL on foxtel, if they just sold the Sports package separately maybe, but having to pay for a basic package then extra for an AFL package it's a blatant ripp off.

I am retired and pay bugger all for my coffee, using an ex-coffee machine brought thru Evans and Clarke, and Beans I get once a month when I shop at the markets in Adelaide, Also because I am old I am still OK with using a thermos when going out for long periods,
But I will not pay the money to watch AFL on foxtel, if they just sold the Sports package separately maybe, but having to pay for a basic package then extra for an AFL package it's a blatant ripp off.

This is only going to get worse with the new TV deals and extra money being thrown at the AFL. It's got to be paid for by someone and that's most likely going to be football fans through cable TV subscriptions. Expect the prices to increase and each and every alternative way and screen you watch on to attract extra charges.

Sorry Jen
My sympathy reserved for his family, especially his poor father
Didn't say sympathy. Fair dinkum.

Sniping from the sidelines is also cheap and fun
Oh yes, great fun to pile s**t on someone you don't know, who's story you only hear part of by a media renowned for only telling one side to most stories.
:rolleyes:

0e0dcfb15bcf983b5a4eb1b479d16699.jpg

Probably the best $50 I've ever spent. I have a smart TV, but the Chromecast is better.
I think I'll get the Audio one next for my tired old stereo.
Agree, it's a great bit of kit. Has basically done away with every other media streaming device I had in my house. I've even used it professionally to stream presentations. Shits all over Apple TV etc.

This is only going to get worse with the new TV deals and extra money being thrown at the AFL. It's got to be paid for by someone and that's most likely going to be football fans through cable TV subscriptions. Expect the prices to increase and each and every alternative way and screen you watch on to attract extra charges.

I don't mind paying for the Football but having to pay for services I don't just to get right to pay for the Football.
One reason I pay thru the internet for Pay per views Fights.
Foxtel needs to lift its game and offer AFL packs on their own.

Didn't say sympathy. Fair dinkum.

Oh yes, great fun to pile s**t on someone you don't know, who's story you only hear part of by a media renowned for only telling one side to most stories.
:rolleyes:

View attachment 337437
And I didn't say "empathize" did I ?

"To sum up the differences between the most commonly used meanings of these two terms: sympathy is feeling compassion, sorrow, or pity for the hardships that another person encounters, while empathy is putting yourself in the shoes of another"

Fine
To clarify

I am unable to feel empathy for someone like Hackett in his current circumstances as I :

1. Have never won Olympic medals
2. Have never had a plum sports commentary job
3.Have never had shitloads of money
4. Have never got myself addicted to stilnox
5. Have never grabbed someone's nipples on a plane
6. Have never trashed hotel rooms

Etc etc etc
So if you can "empathize" I'm imagining you've had one cracker of a life !
Makes my point no less relevant despite your pedantic argument.

I'll feel - and continue to feel - sympathy for his parents and family.
IMG_9349.JPG

Yes. It's the media ... it's a beat up ... it's fake news :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And I didn't say "empathize" did I ?

"To sum up the differences between the most commonly used meanings of these two terms: sympathy is feeling compassion, sorrow, or pity for the hardships that another person encounters, while empathy is putting yourself in the shoes of another"

Fine
To clarify

I am unable to feel empathy for someone like Hackett in his current circumstances as I :

1. Have never won Olympic medals
2. Have never had a plum sports commentary job
3.Have never had shitloads of money
4. Have never got myself addicted to stilnox
5. Have never grabbed someone's nipples on a plane
6. Have never trashed hotel rooms

Etc etc etc
So if you can "empathize" I'm imagining you've had one cracker of a life !
Makes my point no less relevant despite your pedantic argument.

I'll feel - and continue to feel - sympathy for his parents and family.
View attachment 337446

Yes. It's the media ... it's a beat up ... it's fake news :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Never had your name on a milk carton?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Never had your name on a milk carton?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ha!
Nope

I have lived a very uneventful life compared to Grant and Jen by the sound of it !
IMG_9350.JPG

I have friends that went to high school with a girl who was Grant Hackett's girl-friend, he was in his 20s dating a girl still in highschool. He would pick her up by parking his red convertible right in front of the school gate, get out of the car and lean up against the side of it like he was Ferris Bueller while every kid in the school had to walk past him to exit the school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have friends that went to high school with a girl who was Grant Hackett's girl-friend, he was in his 20s dating a girl still in highschool. He would pick her up by parking his red convertible right in front of the school gate, get out of the car and lean up against the side of it like he was Ferris Bueller while every kid in the school had to walk past him to exit the school.
My dear old grandma would say
"Why does God give everything to people who don't know how to use it ?"
I must admit - I am beginning to see exactly what she was on about.

To be fair, years of swimming training would send anyone crazy.

Swimming is something you do to get fit/rehab for a fun sport
One of those rare sports where it's actually more boring to be a participant than a spectator.

I don't mind paying for the Football but having to pay for services I don't just to get right to pay for the Football.
One reason I pay thru the internet for Pay per views Fights.
Foxtel needs to lift its game and offer AFL packs on their own.
That's generally how they get everyone it seems. The s**t they show on the basic package is no better than FTA, all repeats, but to get the new movies, or sports or whatever, it's forced on you. If it wasn't then I highly doubt many people would pick them as options.

Like how if you want to legally watch Game of Thrones as it comes out it costs you $100 a month or something with all the extra packages you have to pay for.

I stopped watching the news a long time ago, and am much better off for it. Others should try it. I have no idea what Grant Hackett has gone and done and have absolutely no interest. From what was posted here, I am going to guess some sort of massive bender as a result of a mid-life crisis. How and why does that matter. Everyday people do that sort of thing all the time, and worse. Why does it matter to so many people just because he was famous once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back