Analysis 2017 Non-Crows Discussion Thread - Part V for Vendetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is just BS cos guys don't want to admit they are leaving for money, or success.

See the uproar when we tell the truth about Lever purely going for money. He broke the "code" of accepting homesickness.

AFL is a unique sport 8n that most draftees come from the city where most clubs are in. So they can use this as a reason.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Does seem to be a cultural thing though. In the US it's almost a sign of status to move away from home for study, work, life.

Homer Simpson wins the award for the person who had to travel the least distance to be here at his high school reunion.

Some nice news for the thread and nothing about Port

Was hanging out with a mate last night who is not into footy at all, but whose brother and sister are massive Crows fans and came over for the GF - His brother drove over with a mate who didn't have a ticket, but they went down to the 'G at 8am and hung around all morning with a sign asking to buy a ticket

Anyway at some point during the early afternoon Brendan Gale walks past the mate outside the ground, and stops, and asks him if he still needs a ticket? Then goes it's your lucky day and gives him one

I thought that was pretty cool for the Richmond CEO to randomly give a free GF ticket to a Crows fan

Does seem to be a cultural thing though. In the US it's almost a sign of status to move away from home for study, work, life.

Homer Simpson wins the award for the person who had to travel the least distance to be here at his high school reunion.
We only have two big cities and Melbourne is the home of AFL footy. The industry is very much Melbourne centic. It is why Justin Reid lives there.

Adelaide/SA has a culture of young people leaving this city to find work.

It is just BS cos guys don't want to admit they are leaving for money, or success.

See the uproar when we tell the truth about Lever purely going for money. He broke the "code" of accepting homesickness.

AFL is a unique sport 8n that most draftees come from the city where most clubs are in. So they can use this as a reason.

Kinda like Melb being the Big Apple.

View attachment 425361

The caption here on the PAFC twitter feed is 'a few legends here'.....um where?

group1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, help me out here please.

Why does everybody in Australia get homesick?

Is there really that much of a difference living in Perth/Adelaide/Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane??

Never in my entire life have I heard of grown men being so damn homesick

Someone needs to explain this to me
A lot of Brazilian soccer players return home after not being able to adapt to Europe, if I'm not mistaken. Although it's probably a small minority among the total who make the move.

Over here, it's almost always an excuse to avoid the stigma attached to going for the money.

Okay, help me out here please.

Why does everybody in Australia get homesick?

Is there really that much of a difference living in Perth/Adelaide/Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane??

Never in my entire life have I heard of grown men being so damn homesick

Someone needs to explain this to me

Does my *en head in as well.

Aussies generally seem to hate moving for work/study. We don’t have the college culture they do in the US, people typically stay with their parents or in Home city for university.

I’ve studied and lived interstate for work and it has its pluses and minuses, would happily move again if the right opportunity presented itself. And in my situation I didn’t get months of holidays each year and my employer didn’t pay for my parents and friends to fly over on a regular basis.

We aren’t talking about living in a 3rd world country versus living in an apartment over looking Central Park. This is a choice between a bunch of excellent first world cities. It’s *en stupid, these guys don’t know how great they’ve got it.

Can someone tell me how Ryder "got cheated out of one year's play"? I thought he was found out as a drug cheater. In fact, didn't he leave his old club because he did not know what they injected him with and was afraid that it was something so toxic that he was concerned about the welfare his children?

AA caller praising Paddy Ryder for being a great role model for indigineous players................um yeah
Kornes ring up with a fake voice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back