2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commentators are puzzled how the Hawks are managing to play with so much more intensity this week.

Perhaps it's because they're playing one of the softest outfits in the league?

Can't wait for the Simpson presser!

6pMmVAK.png
Predicting we'll see half a dozen whines from him over the course of the week. Everything from travel, through concessions, maybe some ground surface complaints, rule changes and so on. Anything to distract from his reality really.

ahhh a perfect weekend. I wonder when egles supporters in general will realise they need to rebuild...their lack of player development could see some spoons coming their way in the future

Yep, they stocked up with experience to have one last crack at a flag this year believing their window was still open.

I wonder when they'll realise the window is closed and revert to a rebuild?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their drafting has been pretty ordinary lately. Since Masten onwards they keep picking the same type of uninspiring, vanilla mid.

For all the talk on our first round drafting, WC have done a terrible job. They've used first rounders to get Masten, Gaff, Shuey, Sheppard, Sheed, Duggan, Wellingham and Redden. It's a woeful return. Only two good players, and even those guys are a rung beneath the top line mids going round.

For all the talk on our first round drafting, WC have done a terrible job. They've used first rounders to get Masten, Gaff, Shuey, Sheppard, Sheed, Duggan, Wellingham and Redden. It's a woeful return. Only two good players, and even those guys are a rung beneath the top line mids going round.
Imagine Crisp and Weller instead of Sheed and Duggan. And of course you could throw Fyfe and Blakely in too.

I know it's early but this years isn't exactly setting the world on fire in the 2's either.

Imagine Crisp and Weller instead of Sheed and Duggan. And of course you could throw Fyfe and Blakely in too.

And yet I was having a conversation with a WC supporter a couple of weeks ago about how bad Carltons drafting was during the Malthouse years and he somehow found a way to bring Freo into the conversation saying "you've got to admit that your club hasn't done a great job either".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back