2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an ardent observer it was the most brilliant campaign I have witnessed.
Could turn out to be the most successful and hated president in the history . just like fyfe not like by many but leadership quality.

Let not start doing that meima.
No evidence Fyfe's disliked,plenty that he's leadership material.
Neither true for the other unit.
Well no pressure 2017-2020 freo 4 consecutive premiership captain .

if the guy could go a day without boasting, lying and whining in the most public forums possible, he might appear more presidential to me

He built his presidential campaign on that very thing and it worked. No point in putting on an act that isn't him.

Lots of politicians try act squeaky clean but they are often the most deceitful of all. Hence the act.

I disagree.
You think putting millions of women at risk around the world with his gag order is a good thing?

You think rescinding an order that stops big firms from bribing there way in third world economies is a good thing?

Stirring up racial divides is a good thing?

Lying about illegal immigrants and creating fear is a good thing?

I guess we see things differently then.

I disagree.

What initial signs?

It's been a pretty concerning trainwreck so far from what I can see.

- Using his twitter account like an offended 15yo to attack the media and courts (two of the fundamental checks and balances in a democratic society).
- Installing some scarily far-right, ultra-conservative, Christian fundamentalists in important positions
- Already had his NSA appointee resign after alleged misconduct involving inappropriate contact with the Russian govt
- Forcing through an EO that the courts have suspended as being unconstitutional
- Repealing a bill that required mining companies to disclose payments to foreign govts
- Promising to repeal universal healthcare
- Looking to repeal a longstanding environmental act that blocked mining companies from areas containing endangered species (including their national symbol - the bald eagle)
- Talk of repealing a bill that restricted those with mental illnesses from buying guns
- Managing to offend various world leaders with his clumsy, undiplomatic style (the Aus phone call, first president to take an official call from Taiwan, etc)

- Then there's the grubby money-making opportunism, like:
- Using his positions as POTUS to push for his daughter's fashion line to be stocked in stores who announced they didn't want it
- The FLOTUS launching a court case claiming that the media were interfering with her chance to exploit her position to make money
- Charging the secret service obscene rent to kit out a floor in Trump Tower so they can protect him when he's staying at home
- His son travelling with full government protection on taxpayer money while overseas on private business

That's off the top of my head, I'm sure there's plenty more. He strikes me as a narcissistic demagogue with a low EQ who got the job by appealing to the lowest common denominator but who's now in way over his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been a pretty concerning trainwreck so far from what I can see.

- Using his twitter account like an offended 15yo to attack the media and courts (two of the fundamental checks and balances in a democratic society).
- Installing some scarily far-right, ultra-conservative, Christian fundamentalists in important positions
- Already had his NSA appointee resign after alleged misconduct involving inappropriate contact with the Russian govt
- Forcing through an EO that the courts have suspended as being unconstitutional
- Repealing a bill that required mining companies to disclose payments to foreign govts
- Promising to repeal universal healthcare
- Looking to repeal a longstanding environmental act that blocked mining companies from areas containing endangered species (including their national symbol - the bald eagle)
- Managing to offend various world leaders with his clumsy, undiplomatic style (the Aus phone call, first president to take an official call from Taiwan, etc)

- Then there's the grubby money-making opportunism, like:
- Using his positions as POTUS to push for his daughter's fashion line to be stocked in stores who announced they didn't want it
- The FLOTUS launching a court case claiming that the media were interfering with her chance to exploit her position to make money
- Charging the secret service obscene rent to kit out a floor in Trump Tower so they can protect him when he's staying at home
- His son travelling with full government protection on taxpayer money while overseas on private business

That's off the top of my head, I'm sure there's plenty more. He strikes me as a narcissistic demagogue with a low EQ who got the job by appealing to the lowest common denominator but who's now in way over his head.
Why is it that we are happy to say that the press misrepresents and misreports all things regarding our football club, but seem to swallow as gospel all the crap that is dished up in the political arena.

Not defending Trump, but you have quoted (and also misquoted) a lot of stuff there based purely on what you read in the populist media.

Why is it that we are happy to say that the press misrepresents and misreports all things regarding our football club, but seem to swallow as gospel all the crap that is dished up in the political arena.

Not defending Trump, but you have quoted (and also misquoted) a lot of stuff there based purely on what you read in the populist media.

Yeah look, I'm not claiming to be an expert and there may be some inaccuracies there (was off the top of my head as I said), but on balance I feel the initial signs of his reign lean more towards concerning than promising in terms of him becoming a great president.

Yeah look, I'm not claiming to be an expert and there may be some inaccuracies there (was off the top of my head as I said), but on balance I feel the initial signs of his reign lean more towards concerning than hopeful in terms of him becoming a great president.
I sort of agree, but am prepared to wait until the hysteria and hype die down (if ever) and see how his term actually unfolds. All the media stuff is just a distraction from the business of government, and I would be happy if someone just took Donald's Twitter off him and told him to do his job.

Us reading and believing the US media (and the local commentary based on that media) is like Sydney fans reading WA media and gaining the view that Fyfe is hated and is leaving. Not necessarily wrong, but certainly should be taken with a liberal dose of salt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back