2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I haven't seen any. Why do you say that?

I haven't seen any either but judging from the scorelines they've all been pretty good games.

Other than the eagles getting flogged, which is also always fun to watch.

It's been a pretty concerning trainwreck so far from what I can see.

- Using his twitter account like an offended 15yo to attack the media and courts (two of the fundamental checks and balances in a democratic society).
- Installing some scarily far-right, ultra-conservative, Christian fundamentalists in important positions
- Already had his NSA appointee resign after alleged misconduct involving inappropriate contact with the Russian govt
- Forcing through an EO that the courts have suspended as being unconstitutional
- Repealing a bill that required mining companies to disclose payments to foreign govts
- Promising to repeal universal healthcare
- Looking to repeal a longstanding environmental act that blocked mining companies from areas containing endangered species (including their national symbol - the bald eagle)
- Talk of repealing a bill that restricted those with mental illnesses from buying guns
- Managing to offend various world leaders with his clumsy, undiplomatic style (the Aus phone call, first president to take an official call from Taiwan, etc)

- Then there's the grubby money-making opportunism, like:
- Using his positions as POTUS to push for his daughter's fashion line to be stocked in stores who announced they didn't want it
- The FLOTUS launching a court case claiming that the media were interfering with her chance to exploit her position to make money
- Charging the secret service obscene rent to kit out a floor in Trump Tower so they can protect him when he's staying at home
- His son travelling with full government protection on taxpayer money while overseas on private business

That's off the top of my head, I'm sure there's plenty more. He strikes me as a narcissistic demagogue with a low EQ who got the job by appealing to the lowest common denominator but who's now in way over his head.

Yeah but what about his bad side?

Can someone please help me out and explain the massive rise in the popularity of Bob Murphy over the last couple of years?

The weekly toss fest over him on AFL360 is one of the many reasons the show has become unwatchable.
The game is 99.99% populated by unimaginative and formulaic media while players read off scripts prepared for them by media consultants.
Someone bobs up (pun intended) and makes the odd left field philosophical observation with a bit of humour, quite understandably stands out and becomes a bit of a media darling.
That is aside from him being a talented and attractive footballer who captains the latest Cinderella of the AFL.
Its not complicated.

Don't worry there will still be plenty of blokes saying "yeah nah its just good to get the points, we know there are a good side they'd come out hard but to their credit our boys stuck to it and we got the result".

I first took notice of Bob Murphy when he started to write (gasp!) pro-Fremantle articles a few years ago. He is one of the few voices in the eastern states media who actually appears to like Fremantle and respect some of our players - definitely a beacon for me. Here is one example:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...y--its-as-simple-as-that-20140806-10172b.html

Written in 2014, it is a lists of the blokes he'd love to play with. Of the 22, 5 are Fremantle players:
  • Half back - Tendai Mzungu
  • Midfield - Nathan Fyfe
  • Half forward - Matthew Pavlich
  • Ruck - Aaron Sandilands
  • Interchange - Ryan Crowley.
There is only one West Coast player - Mark LeCras as a forward pocket before he became a spud.

Why would you not love this bloke???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game is 99.99% populated by unimaginative and formulaic media while players read off scripts prepared for them by media consultants.
Someone bobs up (pun intended) and makes the odd left field philosophical observation with a bit of humour, quite understandably stands out and becomes a bit of a media darling.
That is aside from him being a talented and attractive footballer who captains the latest Cinderella of the AFL.
Its not complicated.

Don't worry there will still be plenty of blokes saying "yeah nah its just good to get the points, we know there are a good side they'd come out hard but to their credit our boys stuck to it and we got the result".
Well yeah I actually think he's good in the media as well but the way guys like Robbo carry on like they want to suck his dick whenever they are around him kind of gets a bit much.

Well yeah I actually think he's good in the media as well but the way guys like Robbo carry on like they want to suck his dick whenever they are around him kind of gets a bit much.
It's not Bob's fault Slobbo wants to suck dick.

Last edited:
But its, you just can't, I don't think, you can't tell me that... Its just wrong Gerrard, it's wrong.

*mumbles something drunkenly under his breath*

Robbo discussing anything that he disagrees with.
The man is an absolute peanut, I'd be surprised if he even bothered to watch more than 2-3 games of footy every week. Can't stand Whateley the sanctimonious git but at least he has some level of professionalism.

The man is an absolute peanut, I'd be surprised if he even bothered to watch more than 2-3 games of footy every week. Can't stand Whateley the sanctimonious git but at least he has some level of professionalism.
To think all Whateley had to do was apologise for saying someone had no integrity when he didn't know all the facts..

I think swans always did the right thing in pre season , giving people like Darcy Cameron a chance instead of just looking at result i n pre season game. Expect them to do well again . JLT is perfect for first year players. Let them play and develop their weakness to strength in wafl, neafl , vfl .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back