2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Partington kid is a player though. Deserves a gig. Reckon he might up and leave after this season

There has to be some *ery going on with their selection panel. Everything out of Simmo's mouth this year has suggested they need to try new things and yet there's still a large % of In: Masten or similar happening. I do rate him as a coach and maybe that's my mistake but yeah, some slightly odd decisions.

There has to be some ******y going on with their selection panel. Everything out of Simmo's mouth this year has suggested they need to try new things and yet there's still a large % of In: Masten or similar happening. I do rate him as a coach and maybe that's my mistake but yeah, some slightly odd decisions.
they live in their delusion that their window is wide open when in actuality it's been closing for some time.

they live in their delusion that their window is wide open when in actuality it's been closing for some time.

Well tbh it's pretty much based entirely on JJK. This year should have been a real push for getting games into the young mids while Nic Nat is out but it is just going to come too late at this rate. Arguably similar to us in 2014-15 but it's far more obvious what the issue and solution is.

Does it improve a jockey's performance, or is purely a weight thing? I guess you do need to be very fit to competitively ride a horse...

You don't really. The race lasts about 3 minutes. You just need to not weigh much.

In racing, as in footy etc. there are certain substances which are prohibited. Whether a jockey would gain an unfair advantage from having a banned substance in his or her system is a moot point. If it's banned it's banned.

Racing is not like other sports though. Jockeys are not the athlete. The horse is.

It's pretty much irrelevant what drugs the jockeys have in their system. It's the horse that does the running.

The football equivalent would be drug testing the coach or the runner.

Racing is not like other sports though. Jockeys are not the athlete. The horse is.

It's pretty much irrelevant what drugs the jockeys have in their system. It's the horse that does the running.

The football equivalent would be drug testing the coach or the runner.
No.

The racecourse is a workplace. Those running the meeting (the stewards) have a duty of care to the jockeys and horses to provide a safe workplace. They must be satisfied that the course itself is safe for racing and then that the participants abide by the rules for the safety of all involved.

In an AFL game, if two players collide, it's possible one or both may be injured. In a horse race, if a jockey has taken a substance which affects their decision making, eg. tries to force a run through a gap which is insufficient (or non existent), he / she may cause a fall. Being trampled on by a dozen 500kg beasts travelling at full speed can (and often does) cause horrific injuries to both riders and horses. Race fall deaths can occur. When was the last time an AFL player was killed as a result of a collision?

Michelle Payne was in the wrong, she freely admitted she did the wrong thing. She would not have received any support from her fellow jockeys. Her action could have resulted in serious injury.

No.

The racecourse is a workplace. Those running the meeting (the stewards) have a duty of care to the jockeys and horses to provide a safe workplace. They must be satisfied that the course itself is safe for racing and then that the participants abide by the rules for the safety of all involved.

Yeah ok. I meant it's irrelevant as to the outcome of the sporting event. I'm sure it's very important to lawyers.

Missed the Bugg incident - how bad was it? From the sounds of it you'd think it was Dean Solomon territory.

Nah not that bad, two weeks I reckon.

edit - actually maybe more since the Sydney guy is off for the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back