2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foster must lurk the Eagles board because that article was a summation of a few threads on their board.

I have said it all year, their midfield is too slow. Honestly, Priddis should retire before Mitchell because at least Mitchell is incredibly damaging by foot. Priddis just burns the ball by foot, and is as slow as molasses.

Make no mistake though, Simmo can coach. Sumich wouldn't be a bad option, as I have heard he is tactically quite astute.

Sheahan also let rip at the West Coast midfield’s dreadful capitulation in the final term. Luke Shuey, Andrew Gaff, Dom Sheed and Matt Priddis reportedly didn’t win a single contested possession between them when the game was on the line.

I would highly recommend you all tune into 6PR - highly entertaining.

There have been tears in the first few callers already.
I liked the " The Eagles made my son cry"

Sack the coach, delist half the players, start again from scratch. New group of players and a completely new game plan equals long rebuild and being anchored at the bottom of the ladder. Such drastic changes never seem to work.

.. here's hoping they do it all the same.

PS - I voted in their poll to sack Simpson.
haha. me too. just for lols. You would think they would have a primary question "Do you support (i) West Coast (ii) another team" first. I know they try and simplify these things for the masses, but seriously, how meaningless if you don't at least try to separate supporters from West Choke haters

Another lol. On 6PR you could hear the venom in Hagdorn's comments to sack Simpson and bring in Sumich. He doesn't have interest to write anti-Freo articles when his own team is in such disarray with so little hope to come.
Shouldn't we Freo fans vote to keep Simpson, you know, keep the status quo? What if they sack him and get a better coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it strange that their supporters keep saying, "but we have the talent on the field to be a top 4 team" and then in the next breath play the kids!

I think they massively overrate their players. Shuey is b grade, Kennedy A+ but the rest are crabs.

They are a team of one dimensional players.
nicnat - taps
hurn - big kick
McGovern - intercept mark
priddis - tackles
gaff - left foot
masten - something
darling - ninja flips

I could go on...

Has Donny from Spearwood been on yet?
I had to go out so didn't hear too much more. Poor ole Donny he probably blew a gasket on Sun and hasn't yet recovered.

It was about third or fourth caller I heard got so worked up and then got teary - made my night. As SCON said was award winning material. I almost drove my car off the Narrows bridge.

I had to go out so didn't hear too much more. Poor ole Donny he probably blew a gasket on Sun and hasn't yet recovered.

It was about third or fourth caller I heard got so worked up and then got teary - made my night. As SCON said was award winning material. I almost drove my car off the Narrows bridge.

Was the fourth caller the lady who started crying when she was talking about her son asking his dad "why the eagles arent trying anymore"

....lol.

Was the fourth caller the lady who started crying when she was talking about her son asking his dad "why the eagles arent trying anymore"

....lol.
While identifying Lewis Jetta as the source of all their woes.
He destroyed their club,made her son cry and lose faith in his club,his Dad and lose his will to live.
Shame on Lewis.

They may need to replace the coach and certainly need to rebuild the list, but surely one major area they need to improve is the recruitment department. Someone on their board posted up a table ranking clubs by games played by draftees, and they were terrible, and they were getting zero impact from the rookie list. Tazmania's post is spot on about their one dimensionality (yes I made that word up).

It is also going to be a really bad time to have a massive portion of your salary locked in to an injury prone ruck and an aging forward, both terrific players, but they need to be looking forward 3-5 years.

I did hear a few callers ripping into the Eagles for trading Callum Sinclair to Sydney for Lewis Jetta.

And that was because Sinclair kicked 5 goals and is a better ruckman than Nathan Vardy. Jetta occasionally shows his brilliance, but he goes missing when it gets a bit too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back