2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Same. Don't get GC obsession with him, average coach who had two good years. Since there preliminary loss to Hawthorn, they've gone backwards in a big way.

Yeah there last decent win was probably beating us in that semi final in 2014. How we lost that semi final to Port ill never know we were 6 goals up in the 2nd quarter from memory. And had a better team

Yeah there last decent win was probably beating us in that semi final in 2014. How we lost that semi final to Port ill never know we were 6 goals up in the 2nd quarter from memory. And had a better team

What happened was they knew they were gone and just decided to play with reckless abandon. And it just kept f***ing working. They did the same against the hawks. Don't understand what happened after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be packing his bags for him. Has hardly set the world alight.

Bit harsh. Port were an absolute rabble before he took over. Remember the "Port versus the bye" video clip, and the bay covers? When he took over he got them from rabble to playing finals. Sure they didn't win the big one, but credit where credit is due, he lifted them out of the hole they had fallen into. Probably just the sort of thing GC need right now.

Hinkley needs to sure up his future, out of contract next season and the weight of expectations after a prelim a while ago makes him look like a few carriages behind Buckley on the same trajectory.

If he leaves Port next year he might not have a career to continue with but if Gold Coast offer him $800,000 a year for four years then he can go on, and I wouldn't take the suns coaching job for less than four years.

Not when the QLD footy boards say things like "we know there were serious factors outside the coaches control that contributed to the results but we felt we had to do something" so they fire the coach.

I don't think Waterman will make it. Rioli is a possibility but a remote one at that. Rotham is not looking likely either.
Bit early to comment on Rotham at this stage of his career I would think. He's as green as grass at present. My philosophy is it can take up to 50 games playing at AFL level before you can write players off? In saying that real champions on the rise are easier to recognise of course.

Eagles are ******. Leading goal kicker in that final was Sam Mitchell, and leading contested possession winner and clearance player was Priddis. Take away the 30 y.o. Kennedy and their forward line is worse than ours.

The midfield is a joke. Only Shuey is any good. Gaff has been found out.

You could take all of these guys off their list: Wellingham, Josh Hill, LeCras, Giles, Schofield, Partingham, Mutimer, Redden, Butler, Cole, Lamb, Nelson, Karpany, Masten and replace with good VFL/SANFL/WAFL players and they'd be a better team.

They need to replace 3x best 22 players with the aforementioned list. Rioli and Waterman look ok. The rest are list cloggers.
Unfortunately the development of our players seems to have gone backwards which needs some urgent addressing. One player you didn't mention who's on our list is Venables as from some I've heard he has shown promise but has been out injured a fair bit.

Bit early to comment on Rotham at this stage of his career I would think. He's as green as grass at present. My philosophy is it can take up to 50 games playing at AFL level before you can write players off? In saying that real champions on the rise are easier to recognise of course.
bit shocked Rotham isn't up and about pushing for best 22.

Unfortunately the development of our players seems to have gone backwards which needs some urgent addressing. One player you didn't mention who's on our list is Venables as from some I've heard he has shown promise but has been out injured a fair bit.
There's an article in The West today with a quote from Priddis saying Venables is a Shuey clone. He's only played 8 WAFL league games and hasn't had more than 19 possessions in a game yet. A bit premature to be calling him even AFL quality yet imo.

To put that in perspective our first rookie pick from last year (Taylin Duman) has had a **** load more of the ball than Venables in WAFL league games and he plays half back or wing. Blakely > Lamb, Duman > Venables :) lol

With Kelly re-signing with GWS I get the feeling Saints are going to do something stupid. They've misses out on Fyfe, Dusty and now Kelly. They talked themselves up to their supporters about wanting to be a destination club and no one has come.

If they do something stupid like offer pick8 for Gaff i'll spew.

Venables was a good under age midfielder. He hasn't shown much this year at East Perth. But it's too early to tell. You'd give him another 2 years no problem to show something, but if he doesn't improve on this year. You could add him to the development basket. I wonder who your development coaches are?

There's an article in The West today with a quote from Priddis saying Venables is a Shuey clone. He's only played 8 WAFL league games and hasn't had more than 19 possessions in a game yet. A bit premature to be calling him even AFL quality yet imo.

To put that in perspective our first rookie pick from last year (Taylin Duman) has had a **** load more of the ball than Venables in WAFL league games and he plays half back or wing. Blakely > Lamb, Duman > Venables :) lol

Venables was on limited minutes coming back from his foot injury. Agree it's too early to say he's AFL quality but there was a reason for his low output.

With Kelly re-signing with GWS I get the feeling Saints are going to do something stupid. They've misses out on Fyfe, Dusty and now Kelly. They talked themselves up to their supporters about wanting to be a destination club and no one has come.

If they do something stupid like offer pick8 for Gaff i'll spew.
Nick Suban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back