2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have been having a peak over on the dark side , Mainly on the non eagles discussion thread , To see what what sort s**t they are talking about us ,I came across this topic where that draft expert Twoomey or whatever he is called made some observations in hindsight about Draft that No stat was taken in , Saying he would have taken Hurley in front of Natanui , Well of course he was the biggest F...wit of all time . But you know what so would i , We had Sandi in his prime so no need for No stat,And Hurley in my opinion is just as important to Essendon as No stat is to them , And a better all round footballer not a highlights reel , I nearly jumped on and said so, But talking footy with Eagles supporters No thanks , Made that mistake last week, When a comment was made about Ty Vickery , Some tosser replied and said maybe we should grab him , I made the comment that he is retired anyway (so moot point)But maybe they should wait until he turns 32 and and pick them up themselves.

Have been having a peak over on the dark side , Mainly on the non eagles discussion thread , To see what what sort s**t they are talking about us ,I came across this topic where that draft expert Twoomey or whatever he is called made some observations in hindsight about Draft that No stat was taken in , Saying he would have taken Hurley in front of Natanui , Well of course he was the biggest F...wit of all time . But you know what so would i , We had Sandi in his prime so no need for No stat,And Hurley in my opinion is just as important to Essendon as No stat is to them , And a better all round footballer not a highlights reel , I nearly jumped on and said so, But talking footy with Eagles supporters No thanks , Made that mistake last week, When a comment was made about Ty Vickery , Some tosser replied and said maybe we should grab him , I made the comment that he is retired anyway (so moot point)But maybe they should wait until he turns 32 and and pick them up themselves.

We had Dean Cox in his prime and we still drafted Naitanui because he was too good to pass up, we regret nothing and he's bought a lot more to us than just a highlights package.

Got to love the positivity of pre-season :)

PADDY McCartin has the potential to be a "scary" proposition for opposition defenders, his St Kilda teammate Tim Membrey says.

He's been riding the potential train for quite a few years now, so why not another?
I'm pretty sure that's the 3rd article on McCartin in just over a week. I think he's more likely to knock himself out trying to eat a hamburger than have any impact next year.

We had Dean Cox in his prime and we still drafted Naitanui because he was too good to pass up, we regret nothing and he's bought a lot more to us than just a highlights package.

He is rather one dimensional and does not have a big enough tank for AFL.
I don't really rate him as a footy player but he likes a camera in his face and his marketability has the Eagles as chalking him up as a win.

His greatest football achievement was sending Walters a text that resulted in Son Son resurrecting his Career.

Greatest achievement is NicNat's GF performance. 4 disposals, 0 marks 1 kick. Superstar. Nothing but an overhyped athletic with no football IQ/talent.

Was keen for Clarke to become better, he consistently kept over him. But alas wasn't to be

Got to love the positivity of pre-season :)

PADDY McCartin has the potential to be a "scary" proposition for opposition defenders, his St Kilda teammate Tim Membrey says.

He's been riding the potential train for quite a few years now, so why not another?

He's a 21 year old KPF who has played 22 games and shown glimpses in amongst them. He's following a pretty standard development curve for that type of player.

Still miffed that people write off these players this early. He could well fade away to nothing. Or equally he could follow the JJK development path.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a 21 year old KPF who has played 22 games and shown glimpses in amongst them. He's following a pretty standard development curve for that type of player.

Still miffed that people write off these players this early. He could well fade away to nothing. Or equally he could follow the JJK development path.
Missing the point. It's them selling guys like McCartin every year as if they are going to be amazing and it never happens that is ridiculous. Give them time sure (all players deserve that) but how about waiting until they breakout before writing multiple articles putting them up on a pedestal?

Yeah, those 4 possessions in a Grand Final was something to behold.

Said it before but he was still in mourning and effected from the death of his mother and should probably never have played the remainder of that season. He had 2 hours sleep before the game.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...ers-death-ng-9cfe794051ac9f0012ab3cba6233771b

But AFL.com still rated his performance as a 5

Nic Naitanui – 5
Was on top at the centre bounces for much of the day, but it didn't often translate to clean Eagles takeaways. Around the ground he was nullified by the David Hale-Ben McEvoy tandem. Tried hard, but not quite the influence the Eagles hoped for.

So make of it what you will.

Not to mention he has T1 Diabetes, that'd be a struggle in itself.

I can't see him being any better than the likes of Membrey/Bruce, personally.

Said it before but he was still in mourning and effected from the death of his mother and should probably never have played the remainder of that season. He had 2 hours sleep before the game.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...ers-death-ng-9cfe794051ac9f0012ab3cba6233771b

But AFL.com still rated his performance as a 5

So make of it what you will.
Yes from memory was a bad time for him and in hindsight should not have played but once you step on the ground you have declared you are right to go .
Natanui is a very handy knock ruckman no doubt about it , He is just overrated in my view , And as i said i agree with Twoomy in his evaluation

Yes from memory was a bad time for him and in hindsight should not have played but once you step on the ground you have declared you are right to go .
Natanui is a very handy knock ruckman no doubt about it , He is just overrated in my view , And as i said i agree with Twoomy in his evaluation

It was a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't that year with Naitanui, hindsight is a wonderful thing to have though in making decisions.

In any case he still was at least contributing that day with his ruck work, possessions and marks has never been the guide of how to rate a ruckman.

It was a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't that year with Naitanui, hindsight is a wonderful thing to have though in making decisions.

In any case he still was at least contributing that day with his ruck work, possessions and marks has never been the guide of how to rate a ruckman.

I guess Jack Darling, Elliot Yeo, Josh Kennedy, Callum Sinclair and Dom Sheed were all suffering from either a lack of sleep or a death in family too.

I guess Jack Darling, Elliot Yeo, Josh Kennedy, Callum Sinclair and Dom Sheed were all suffering from either a lack of sleep or a death in family too.

No they just played like s**t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back