2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me, I will always have a soft spot for Palmer for being a shining light when we needed it and hope he ends up killing it.
Same. I have always liked Palmer and wish him well. His best days were at Freo, let's be honest and has been on a downward slope ever since his ACL/Barlow's broken leg. He was the best thing about our terrible 2008 season.

I'll take Langdon as a ballas replacement over Palmer any day.

My dislike for Palmer comes from:
1) I like Barlow and he could of been Freo's first Browlow medalist, would of been one hell of a story too.
2) He willingly played for GWS.
3) He wanted to leave Freo for GWS
4) He thought at the time that opportunities where better at GWS
5) He willingly played for GWS

I'll take Langdon as a ballas replacement over Palmer any day.

My dislike for Palmer comes from:
1) I like Barlow and he could of been Freo's first Browlow medalist, would of been one hell of a story too.
2) He willingly played for GWS.
3) He wanted to leave Freo for GWS
4) He thought at the time that opportunities where better at GWS
5) He willingly played for GWS
6) He left foot kicking is not good compare to suban and d.pearce.

Plugger on the Footy Show looking a million bucks. He'll be a great fit back at Sydney. Well spoken man, too.

I wonder how many marketing $ the AFL are paying him to garner more interest in NSW

I know it wasn't the AFL that brought it up but they are literally reporting on things that everyone has known for years. Who doesn't know that WC had a drug problem?

The report covered nothing new, except for the fact that it was covered up a bit, which again, is fairly obvious.

Just give them a punishment and move on or don't and move on.

Now you have Barry Hall saying he wants WC to lose the premiership (meaning he'll get it), Judd saying he thinks they should keep it (meaning he keeps it) and every media outlet is reporting on it.

This will happen every time they bring up and I'm sick of it.

You don't think it is interesting that at the time of the saga Nisbett and Co were adamant that it was a surprise to all at the club and they denied any knowledge? Then 6 months ago he and Worsfold admitted they did know. What this report does is confirm that the Eagles hierarchy purposely covered up their drug habits, which is what we all suspected at the time and which they denied.

I am of the view that you reap what you sow and had the Eagles been honest from the get go then there would be no reason to be bringing this up again. Would not be surprised in the slightest if there was more to this story that we still don't know.

Don't be surprised to be still reading about the Essendon saga in 10 years time as some of the suspicions we have now are confirmed.

Barry Hall is not the person to be calling for the cup to be taken off them. It just sounds like sour grapes coming from a player who lost that grand final and makes him sound like a twat. Besides, the Eagles were never proven to be taking PEDs on game day so I don't know what his basis is.

Is it just me or is satisfying to see Rhys Palmer only be an emergency in one of the weaker teams in the AFL.

I can't bring myself to take pleasure in the demise of any person who was previously involved with the FFC. Palmer gave us hope at a time when the club was pretty woeful. Just because he was forced out of the club and made to play elsewhere doesn't automatically make him a villain.

I like all past players and coaches including the likes of Connelly, Barlow, DeBoer, Mz, Drum and Neesham. Regardless of their ability or results these guys bled for the club and I will always respect that.

With 1 exception; Chris Tarrant. We transformed him into a top defender, on the cusp of AA, and he walked out on us and didn't give a rats that we got nothing for him. I was pleased to see him retire flagless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good working knowledge of the WADA code you have there

Well done, you get an elephant stamp for effort

Great working knowledge actually and experience with asada. Happy for you to pm me to discuss further. It's also about what was banned then. Either way how any wce fan can defend any of this is a joke. Everyone under 40 in Perth knew they were on all sorts of gear for years. And whether you like it or not some of the gear they were on were/are banned.

Petrevski-Seton is getting so much hype here in melbourne can only think we really lost out big time by trading away our #3 draft pick

I'd prefer Logue and McCarthy over SPS. Also SPS doesn't really fill a need with us. Walters, B.Hill, S.Hill, Tucker and are all there to play as an outside midfielder and all of them are really good/promising. Inside wise we have Fyfe, Neale, Mundy, Blakely and Balic, who all also really good/promising.

What we needed at the time was a replacemenst for Johnson (when he retires) and Pav, both of which we got. Logue was probably the most athletic bloke in the draft who has the height and leap to play on KPD and the speed to play on the smaller guys. Given he needs to get used to Ross' style of defense and all that, I'll imagine him coming into the side strongly about half way through the year. and McCarthy is what we've been drooling over for years and looked amazing in that last JLT game.

So I wouldn't count it as a loss yet.

However I can't deny that I really liked the look of SPS and would of liked for him to play for Freo.

I prefer freo not having sps , hard for me to see talent spend timr in wafl behind the likes d.pearce,sutty and sherriden.

Great working knowledge actually and experience with asada. Happy for you to pm me to discuss further. It's also about what was banned then. Either way how any wce fan can defend any of this is a joke. Everyone under 40 in Perth knew they were on all sorts of gear for years. And whether you like it or not some of the gear they were on were/are banned.
But the gear the Eagles were on is only banned on game day. (S6 substances) You can coke and ice up all you want as long as there is none in your system on game day it is ok under WADA rules.

Totally different rules than PEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back