2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
de Boer is injured too isn't he? Not going great for our former players, aside from Barlow and I suppose Mayne is still fit, but Mayne is always Mayne

Score at the time of Gu's injury: GWS 5.5 v Adelaide 3.4.
Score for the remainder of the game: GWS 9.2 v Adelaide 19.11.

Just saying.
Let's hope it's not a long term injury, otherwise GWS might not even make finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving that Adelaide scoreline. Hopefully that brings some of the cocky GWS supporters down a peg or two.

There's enough smugness from those 5 to fill a normal-sized supporter base.

There's probably more delusion from those 5 supporters as well based on their interactions on here.

I know I'm preaching to the choir but really, the incompetence of our recruiters not to draft either McGovern is unfathomable.
Not unfathomable, really. J McGovern was taken in the 2011 rookie draft, and was the Eagles third pick in that draft as well.
To be overlooked in the national draft by... well, everyone, and then taken only at WC's third rookie pick after selections were used on the likes of Tim Houlihan and Anton Hamp, then it becomes sort of clear that he wasn't really showing much at that stage.

I mean you could say the same thing about Fremantle getting the likes of Neale and Walters in the 50's.
Who'da thunk they'd turn out to be anything?
Just demonstrates what a lottery the draft can really be sometimes. Easy to comment on selection oversights 5 years down the track.

Not unfathomable, really. J McGovern was taken in the 2011 rookie draft, and was the Eagles third pick in that draft as well.
To be overlooked in the national draft by... well, everyone, and then taken only at WC's third rookie pick after selections were used on the likes of Tim Houlihan and Anton Hamp, then it becomes sort of clear that he wasn't really showing much at that stage.

I mean you could say the same thing about Fremantle getting the likes of Neale and Walters in the 50's.
Who'da thunk they'd turn out to be anything?
Just demonstrates what a lottery the draft can really be sometimes. Easy to comment on selection oversights 5 years down the track.

Mitch McGovern is also only 191cm. Hardly the KPF we would have been looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back