Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestia shits on Duncan, Motlop, Blicavs and anything else we have in midfield at the moment.
Even Brandon Ellis would be the equal of Mitch Duncan as of right now and he's younger and played 25 fewer games.

5-0, they can afford to drop the next two games and still sit comfortably inside the top four.
Get back Maric and Edwards and they can afford the luxury of resting Nankervis or Martin for one week here and there.
Brandon Ellis being compared to Mitch Duncan is laughable. Have you watched him play in the last couple of years? He used to accumulate, doesn't even do that anymore. And to go with that he is borderline petrified of contact. Don't be fooled by the dodgy stickers. Ask a tigers supporter how his progress has gone.

Prestia shits on Duncan, Motlop, Blicavs and anything else we have in midfield at the moment.
Even Brandon Ellis would be the equal of Mitch Duncan as of right now and he's younger and played 25 fewer games.

5-0, they can afford to drop the next two games and still sit comfortably inside the top four.
Get back Maric and Edwards and they can afford the luxury of resting Nankervis or Martin for one week here and there.
That's very uncouth of Prestia. Wonder if Richmond was aware of this lack of control.
You could be talking about Geelong- we are 5-0 too, so if we drop the next 2...

Tigers worried us a lot last year, and we just got over them. But don't you think teams are starting to realise that we have something? Blicavs has elite last Q running, and in fact our last Q's are stunning. I am never a cocky Cat supporter, and true to form, will worry about the Pies again as they match up very well on us, BUT we are 5-0 too.

According to Footywire stats, Prestia is averaging 22 disposals (and 4 tackles) at efficiency rate of 64% with Ellis at 19 disposals and 2 tackles. Mitch Duncan is averaging 29 disposals and 5 tackles at an efficiency rate of 77%.

To say that Prestia "shits all over" Duncan at the moment is quite mischievous and just plain wrong, however you want to spin things towards opposition sides. And Ellis is nowhere near his equal either.
sweetchin1.gif

Apart from footy I suspect Bobby's other great sporting interest is fly fishing, he certainly gets plenty of bites on here whenever he casts his lure that's for sure. ;)
Mate, I think he genuinely believes all this tbh.
Every week waffles on about what other clubs players are doing 23.5 touches 5.5 marks 6.5 clearances. He's our Tuohy, he's better than Menzel...yada yada yada.

Don't even get me started on Jesse Hogan. Best forward since Carey apparently and has the nerve to pull someone up (after they admitted they were wrong) over Nankervis.

Every week waffles on about what other clubs players are doing 23.5 touches 5.5 marks 6.5 clearances. He's our Tuohy, he's better than Menzel...yada yada yada.

Don't even get me started on Jesse Hogan. Best forward since Carey apparently and has the nerve to pull someone up (after they admitted they were wrong) over Nankervis.

Possibly just the disillusionment of our recent finals record talking, but I strongly suspect a lot of it is just winding people up.

lol Prestia is so superior to Mitch Duncan it's not even worth discussing.

And yes, Brandon Ellis has been averaging 25 disposals per game over the last three seasons.
Duncan's been giving the club 23 disposals per game during the same period.

It's always a good idea to look at more than four games of footy in order to rate your players my Geelong friends :thumbsu:

And yes, Brandon Ellis has been averaging 25 disposals per game over the last three seasons.

It's always a good idea to look at more than four games of footy in order to rate your players my Geelong friends :thumbsu:

Yet Brandon Ellis is rated as below average by Champion Data, while Duncan and Prestia are both listed as average....

Yet Brandon Ellis is rated as below average by Champion Data, while Duncan and Prestia are both listed as average....
I don't agree with Bobby necessarily but CD ratings are a crock of nothing. Caddy is Elite by their system due to the arbitrary nature of them.

Not sure what your referencing.. but boy that little petulant dummy spit when he did not get a free kick was poor. Then later when the games on the line , he waving his hands over his head as he went backwards was poor as well imo. Games on the line , I want my gun player to be look to go to the ball..think Hawkins in the Haw game... not look like a drowning man back peddling asking the man running his guts out to kick it longer.
I just get the vibe he has an attitude that would be pulled at with a stronger group. If that means he picks up his bat and ball..so be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what your referencing.. but boy that little petulant dummy spit when he did not get a free kick was poor. Then later when the games on the line , he waving his hands over his head as he went backwards was poor as well imo. Games on the line , I want my gun player to be look to go to the ball..think Hawkins in the Haw game... not look like a drowning man back peddling asking the man running his guts out to kick it longer.
I just get the vibe he has an attitude that would be pulled at with a stronger group. If that means he picks up his bat and ball..so be it.

How old is Hawkins?
How old is Hogan?
How many games has Hawkins played?
How many games has Hogan played?
How was Hawkins traveling after three seasons in the game?
How is Hogan traveling after three seasons in the game?

Little bit of perspective isn't too much to ask is it?

How old is Hawkins?
How old is Hogan?
How many games has Hawkins played?
How many games has Hogan played?
How was Hawkins traveling after three seasons in the game?
How is Hogan traveling after three seasons in the game?

Little bit of perspective isn't too much to ask is it?

Perspective? His atitude was poor ... that was clear.

But you used Hawkins as example of how to do it on the footy field.
Hawkins was s**t at 22 years of age. He was only good for 11 touches, 5 marks and 1.3 goals per game.

I'd rather take poor body language but impressive performances over Tommy boy.

Sorry Bobby, but particularly of late, it seems you'd take anyone and anything over the GFC, or any part thereof.

Is there nothing that the GFC does, or anyone within it, that brings any sense of enjoyment to you?

You are quite knowledgeable about footy, and I respect the alternative perspective you bring to various discussions, but it appears you almost despise the GFC and its players. That would be a shame if so, and puzzling as to why you'd inflict such pain on yourself by continuing to follow them.

I too see many flaws with the GFC and its players, but hell, they're only human and their faults only add to the mixture of excitement, frustration, joy and despair that forms the emotional experience of supporting a club.

It'd be great to see you enjoy the sheer uncertainty of what tomorrow brings, the endeavour of the club and boys despite their flaws, and the tantalising possibility of success.

This is what happens when you don't watch any Geelong games.
I know it's hard following a 1-4 team and then watching a far superior 5-0 team but if you are going to come on here and troll you might want to have some idea on what you are talking about.
Otherwise go back to the Hawks board.

Last edited:
Sorry Bobby, but particularly of late, it seems you'd take anyone and anything over the GFC, or any part thereof.

Is there nothing that the GFC does, or anyone within it, that brings any sense of enjoyment to you?

You are quite knowledgeable about footy, and I respect the alternative perspective you bring to various discussions, but it appears you almost despise the GFC and its players. That would be a shame if so, and puzzling as to why you'd inflict such pain on yourself by continuing to follow them.

I too see many flaws with the GFC and its players, but hell, they're only human and their faults only add to the mixture of excitement, frustration, joy and despair that forms the emotional experience of supporting a club.

It'd be great to see you enjoy the sheer uncertainty of what tomorrow brings, the endeavour of the club and boys despite their flaws, and the tantalising possibility of success.

We have been a fuc*king joke since 2012.
I love how you all bring up the H&A record and top four record and all but the manor in which we have stunk it up on the big stage has been rotten.
It's been 'handbagger' s**t.
Absolutely zero aura about us whatsoever and that is largely due to the way he have lost games to weaker teams in finals.

Our great legacy has been tarnished. You only need to venture onto the main board to get a genuine understanding of how little fear the rest of the competition has toward us.
Even the game against St Kilda on the weekend was similar. No club fears us.
Mackie, Blicavs, Murdoch, Smith, Motlop are arguably the five softest league footballers running around at the same time.

Until these players go, we will never get past a preliminary final.

5-0 to start the year is nothing.
We did this in 2014 and got s**t on once the real stuff begun.

Until we change in such games, I'll continue to look negatively toward this football club.

I hate the way Duncan can perform like now but go digging for a great big hole to hide in when finals rolls around.
It's been this way for too many years.

I love how you all bring up the H&A record and top four record and all but the manor in which we have stunk it up on the big stage has been rotten.
Absolutely zero aura about us whatsoever and that is largely due to the way he have lost games to weaker teams in finals.

Our great legacy has been tarnished. You only need to venture onto the main board to get a genuine understanding of how little fear the rest of the competition has toward us.
Mackie, Blicavs, Murdoch, Smith, Motlop are arguably the five softest league footballers running around at the same time.

Until we change in such games, I'll continue to look negatively toward this football club.

I hate the way Duncan can perform like now but go digging for a great big hole to hide in when finals rolls around.

It truly is a shame that you've become so bitter, and can take no joy from even the simple things.

Footy IS only a game, and of no consequence in the scheme of life. Not worth such angst I'd suggest.

Keep Duncan away from Mumford in future and he's elite.

#protectmitch.

Hoping for some pro-bruise footy today so Collingwood are as vulnerable as possible for Sunday.

C'mon Bombres.
If Mummy flattened Kolo you'd have slapped him silly wouldn't you ;)

Handbaggers huh. Nearly 70% in the poll said we were not soft, so most don't agree with you.

Those 5 players... dare you to tell them to their face they're soft. You wouldn't have the balls and soft is repugnant word to use. No afl footballer is soft in the context you mean it.

If this club annoys you so much why are you here? Other than to annoy, bait and antagonise the rest of us? If you get so little enjoyment what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back