Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tell me again just how they beat us o_O :$
Absolute complacency and laziness in the coaches box and on the field. Unfortunately where Collingwood are concerned we suffer from a pathetic lack of interest in the little bit of hard work and planning it takes to expose their serious lack of talent.

What's the consensus about PA's credentials come finals?

Very good team on paper. Good ruck ecent midfield and gray and wingard are gun forwards. Defenders can turn it over under pressure but also generate rebound.

Can be inconsistent if you stop their run and gun game and make them kick it to high targets though.

They are a chance but like all the top teams this year have a few weaknesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My order of preference to play in Sept:

1. Essendon (weak mids, gimmicky gameplan)
2. Richmond (flaky)
3. West Coast
4. Bulldogs (bunnies)
5. Melbourne (inexperience)
6. Adelaide (bunnies)
7. Port
8. GWS (best on paper team)
9. Swans (we are their bunnies)

My order of preference to play in Sept:

1. Essendon (weak mids, gimmicky gameplan)
2. Richmond (flaky)
3. West Coast
4. Bulldogs (bunnies)
5. Melbourne (inexperience)
6. Adelaide (bunnies)
7. Port
8. GWS (best on paper team)
9. Swans (we are their bunnies)
I'd have it almost opposite to that.

Absolute complacency and laziness in the coaches box and on the field. Unfortunately where Collingwood are concerned we suffer from a pathetic lack of interest in the little bit of hard work and planning it takes to expose their serious lack of talent.
Their midfield is # 1or 2 in the comp. Poor today, but good and deep, and varied. Like CS said, it's not who you play, it's when you play them, and Port came out breathing fire after their flop against Essendon and the week off. They have some significant injuries. Lack of talent not their issue, imo.

Their midfield is # 1or 2 in the comp. Poor today, but good and deep, and varied. Like CS said, it's not who you play, it's when you play them, and Port came out breathing fire after their flop against Essendon and the week off. They have some significant injuries. Lack of talent not their issue, imo.
So we must always play the Pies at a bad time then in recent seasons?
Reckon there is a bit more too it than that

So we must always play the Pies at a bad time then in recent seasons?
Reckon there is a bit more too it than that
Why not go through it game by game?
We did smash them one Friday night at the G some years ago, the night there was the Melbourne Derby A League final. More people at Etihad that night than at the G.

Nearly beat us at home- we were lucky. They can go deep.
I'd argue they were as lucky we butchered as many simple chances as we did particularly in the 2nd quarter. We should have been 7 goals up at half time.
No doubt we were lucky in the end, but we were comfortably better for longer that night.

This.

It used to be if you were 10% off you got done. I think that number is down to 5% now... we have seen that all too well.
GO Catters

Their midfield is deep and workmanlike but not 1 or 2 in the comp. I'd take GWS's, Melb's the two who played last night and the Dogs before Collingwood's and that's without thinking much. They work hard but lack serious talent. Sides like Port, Dogs, Bombers, Demons and Saints despite being inconsistent and having areas of weakness have considerably more talent and better structure (which is why they have lost to ALL those sides this year).

Wells, Elliot and Varcoe would help the Pies no doubt but seriously if you're relying on an aging/injury prone Wells and Varcoe to lift you from below average to perhaps just above average you aren't going to be much.

giphy.gif

:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back