Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pies will get belted and will remain an average team at best. Bucks' despondent face already speaks volumes about the pressure he's under.

Dogs look sharp and will be hard to beat. I think they'll be better than 2016 and will give their Premiership defence a huge crack.

Pretty shitful from the Pies fans to boo Cloke like that...

I loved the look of disappointment on Joffa's face when Cloke slotted that goal.
Priceless.

Last edited:
I like the Dogs but don't overly rate them. Don't think they'll make top 4.
It wouldn't surprise me. They are very well drilled but that can be hard to maintain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't surprise me. They are very well drilled but that can be hard to maintain.

No strong KPPs at either end of the ground and about half a dozen flankers. They thoroughly deserved their flag based on an exceptional finals series, but like the strong Ross Lyon-coached Saints/Freo sides, the Dogs are all about 100% intensity and as soon as it dips, they look vulnerable.

Not having a good ruck hurts against teams with good rucks and good mids.

Agreed. A 24-10 deficit in clearances at half-time is a massive impediment to stamping your authority on a game.

And it's one of the really key reasons why we might struggle against the Pies yet again this year.

You'd think we'll need Stanley and/or Smith to be fairly handy against Grundy all game if we're not left to push water uphill against them once more.

No strong KPPs at either end of the ground and about half a dozen flankers. They thoroughly deserved their flag based on an exceptional finals series, but like the strong Ross Lyon-coached Saints/Freo sides, the Dogs are all about 100% intensity and as soon as it dips, they look vulnerable.

I think 17 other sides in the competition have that problem.
I think that the Dogs will go OK this year. They will more than likely outperform Geelong.

but like the strong Ross Lyon-coached Saints/Freo sides,......

But unlike the strong Ross Lyon-coached Saints/Freo sides, the Dogs coached by Luke Beveridge, have a premiership cup in their trophy cabinet.

He's an absolute class player. Very good to watch. He'll have a big year and will be Collingwood's best player after Pendles, if he isn't already...
Did he win the Copeland in 2016?

Edit: nah Pendles won, Treloar 2nd.

Reminds me of a Leicester City 2015/16 game in the Premier League.

Bulldogs getting dominated on inside 50s and time in forward half, but conceding very few dangerous opportunities and then just destroying the opposition on the counterattack any time they sniff the faintest chance to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back