Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it when he commentates as in play by play... I don't like it when he gushes and rambles on.

And his new offsider BT should be shot out of a cannon into the sun
It's probably just a relative thing for me. I live with the gushing and pointless questions ("you just get the feeling, don't you?") for the quality he brings relative to the shouters and blokey blokes like BT. You find the cannon, I'll light the fuse.

I love BT. His call of Lloyds goal after the siren v Sydney last year was his absolute best.

I love BT. His call of Lloyds goal after the siren v Sydney last year was his absolute best.
get-out.gif

BT got 1000% worse when he went to 7. Used to be alright. Suspect his brief stint calling the NBL didn't help either.

In other news - and I can't believe I'm typing this - #rompingwins has actually improved significantly and may now be 7's best caller in the absence of Dennis.

What's with the weird timing of St Kilda vs. Melbourne? I was looking forward to watching and had assumed it would be on free-to-air as usually Saturday games are fixtured earlier in the afternoon to make that possible. Was it pushed back purely to accommodate the AFLW Grand Final? If that's the case it's horrible scheduling by the AFL. Surely they could have timed the AFLW fixtures so that that competition's Grand Final was one week earlier and didn't clash with Round 1 of the AFL season?

Last edited:
What's with the weird timing of St Kilda vs. Melbourne? I was looking forward to watching and had assumed it would be on free-to-air as usually Saturday games are fixtured earlier in the afternoon to make that possible. Was it pushed back purely to accommodate the AFLW Grand Final? If that's the case that's horrible scheduling by the AFL. Surely they could have timed the AFLW fixtures so that that competition's Grand Final was one week earlier and didn't clash with Round 1 of the AFL season?
Horrible scheduling all round by the AFL... they had the chance to make the womens GF a stand alone event and instead it is buried in rd 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of the AFLW Grand Final, already two great goals to kick it off. Hopefully the Lions carry it.

So many free kicks
Being over umpired something shocking this game.
Crows getting the better run of it as wel

Crowd is making plenty of noise which is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back